Book 2 ~ Chapter 10

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

It was the next day, Mako and I were still trying to figure out how we were going to prove Varrick has been behind these attacks. We were both heading to the filming studio, where Bolin should be finished filming a scene by now. We wanted to tell Bolin about the situation about Varrick, then telling Asami right after.

"Are you and Bolin alright, now?" I asked, as we entered the building. Mako shrugged.

"I don't know, haven't really talked to him yet," Mako sighed.

"He's your brother, Mako. I'm sure you'll be fine soon," I said reassuringly, he smiled.

We entered the studio, and it was relatively dark. There was no one around which meant that filming was done. I saw someone who looked really familiar, right in front of one of the sets.

"Asami!" I called, as we approached her. She turned around and smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Mako asked

"Varrick invited me to watch the filming," Asami answered.

"Have you seen Bolin?" Mako asked, Asami nodded.

"Over here!!" a familiar voice shouted.

Mako and I looked up to see Bolin hanging from the ceiling. He was being held up by a pair of large eagle claws. To be honest, I wasn't surprised with the situation. Bolin was trying to get himself out.

"Should I even ask?" I said, as Bolin fell to the ground.

"I should stop doing my own stunts," Bolin said, as he stood up and walked over to us.

"I'm glad you're both here, we have something to tell you," Mako said seriously.

"We know who's been stealing from Future Industries," I said, Asami looked at me.

"It's Varrick," Mako said, Asami and Bolin widened their eyes.

"What? No," Bolin said in disbelief.

"He stole from his own ship?" Asami questioned.

"Yes, it was all a ploy. He wants Republic City to go to war," Mako explained. 

"He also wants to take control of the businesses that stand and profit the most from it," I continued.

"He already had the shipping, and he needed was Future Industries," Mako said.

"Varrick helped save Future Industries, he's my business partner, not an evil mastermind," Asami said, as she approached Mako closer.

"You know, you both seem stressed," Asami added, I raised my eyebrow.

"We're just trying to solve this case," I retorted.

"I am stressed!!" Mako said angrily.

"See, this is why I moved out," Bolin retorted, as he gestured to Mako.

"You guys don't live with each other anymore?" Asami asked.

"Nope, it was time for this eagle-hawk to spread his wings and fly," Bolin said confidently, Mako glared at him.

"Maybe you should just take a rest," Asami said softly, as she placed her hand on Mako's chest.

I raised my eyebrow at the couple, and looked at Bolin, who had the same expressions as I had.