Book 1 ~ Chapter 25

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

After capturing the equalists last night, we decided to wait in the city every night for any equalist activities. Asami parked the car beside a sidewalk right beside a really good ice cream shop. We bought ice cream, and took a break. Asami didn't want us to eat in the car, so they all leaned against the car while eating their ice cream. I wasn't eating any ice cream, so I sat at the headboard of the backseat, playing with flame on my hand while waiting for them to finish. We were having a relaxing break, until the police radio from the car turned on.

"All available units, please respond to the 56th block of dragon flats burrow. Equalists have roamed the streets, consider them armed and dangerous, be cautious," the radio said. All of us immediately hopped in the car.

"I call shotgun!" Bolin called, as he took a seat at the front. I rolled my eyes, and plopped down to the seat next to the window, right behind Asami.

"After you," Mako said, as he gestured for Korra to go first. I raised an eyebrow. Since when were these two so chummy.

"What a gentleman," Korra smiled, as she took a seat at the other side of the window.

Mako took a seat in the middle, between Korra and I. He had both his arms draped around Korra. I glanced to Asami and I saw her glance at Mako in an annoyed expression. I hope she remembers what I told her. After a few moments, Asami drove to the location mentioned on the radio. Once we arrived, however, all the power was out.

"Why is the power out?" Korra asked curiously, as we all stepped out of the car.

Ahead of us, were people being rallied into one area, with metal benders and Tarlock's task force guarding each side. As we approached closer, we realized this wasn't an equalist attack at all.

"Wait a minute, these people aren't armed or dangerous at all," Asami said.

"Sure doesn't look that way," Korra said.

Suddenly, a mic turned on and we directed our attention to the current Chief of Police standing on top of one of the trucks.

"Attention, all non-benders! Return to your homes, immediately!" the Chief said.

"As soon as you turn our power back on!" one of the crowd members shouted. Everyone else started shouting at the Chief.

"Disperse! Or you will all be arrested," the Chief threatened.

"You benders can't treat us this way," a mother said in the crowd.

"Mommy, look, it's the Avatar," the child said, and everyone turned to Korra, as we approached the crowd.

"Please help us, you're our Avatar too," the mother said to Korra. I looked at Korra, wondering what she was gonna do now.

Suddenly, Korra pushed two metal benders in her way, and approached the crowd closer.

"Everyone don't worry, I'm gonna put a stop to this," Korra said, as she made her way to a tent, the rest of us followed her.

In front of the tent, we saw Tarlock talking to an officer. Korra immediately made her way to him, the rest of us behind her.

"Tarlock! You need to turn the power back on and leave these people alone," Korra said sternly.

"Avatar Korra, you and your playmates have no business here," Tarlock spat.

"We're not going anywhere, you don't have the right to treat these innocent people like criminals," Korra said.

"This is an equalist rally, there is nothing innocent about it," Tarlock spat.

"These people aren't equalists, they are normal people who want their rights back," Asami retorted.

"They are the enemy, round up all these equalists," Tarlock shouted.

The metal benders began earth bending the ground beneath the crowd, and divided them into smaller groups. They lifted the ground beneath the groups, as they were about to rally them into the trucks. It caused a sudden panic by the crowd. Korra immediately stepped in, and earth bended the groups back into the ground safely. All of a sudden, Tarlock water bended Asami's wrist.

"Hey! Let me go!" Asami shouted, trying to break free.

"You're under arrest!" Tarlock said to Asami.

"What? You can't do that," Mako retorted.

"Actually, I can, she is a non-bender who is out past curfew, and her father is an equalist conspirator," Tarlock said.

"Let her go," Mako spat. I glared at Tarlock.

"You heard him, let her go," I said, making blue flames in my hand, ready to attack.

"Arrest Lei, him and his brother," Tarlock ordered.

The metal benders immediately used their metal wires tying up Mako, me, and Bolin. I tried to break free but the metal was strong.

"Tarlock!" Korra shouted angrily, as she earth bended two large rocks above her.

"Unless you want to join your friends in prison, I suggest you put those down, and go back to the Air Temple," Tarlock threatened.

"Korra, listen to him, it's not worth it," Mako said, Korra put down the boulders back into the ground.

The metal benders started pushing us into a truck.

"Don't worry about us, we'll be fine," Bolin said.

"I'm gonna call Tenzin, he can get you out," Korra shouted.

"I sure hope he can," I said to Asami, who was tied up next to me.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 15, 2019