Book 1 ~ Chapter 23

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Korra, the airbender kids and I, were on the dock of Air Temple Island, waiting for the arrival for Asami, Mako, and Bolin. We already prepared rooms for them. We saw the ferry approach us and slowly docked right in front of us.

"Welcome to Air Temple Island! You're new home!" Ikki said, as she waved to the guests.

"Yes, welcome to my domain," Meelo said cutely.

"Well, aren't you sweet," Bolin said, Pabu came down from Bolin's shoulder, circled around Meelo, and went to Naga and Kaya.

"What is that fuzzy creature?" Meelo asked, referring to Pabu.

"That is a fire ferret, an arboreal mammal, common in the bamboo forest of the central earth kingdom," Jinora stated. Ikki gasped and ran to Pabu.

"Thanks for sending the Air Acolytes to help us with the move," Mako said, as he stepped down to the dock.

"Yeah, they've been amazing. Such tireless workers," Asami commented, as two air acolytes carried a mountain full of Asami's things.

"I thought you were only bringing a few things?" Korra said.

"Trust me, it could've been worse," Mako said.

"No problem, everyone here wants to make you feel welcome," Korra said.

"This is your home now," I said, as we started walking to the central of the island.

Once, we were at the courtyard, Ikki stopped us.

"Now for the grand tour!" Ikki said excitedly.

"That's the cave where the flying bisons sleep in," Ikki said, pointing to the right.

"That's the temple Grandpa Aang built," Ikki said, pointing to the temple ahead of us.

"And that's the greenhouse where we grow the vegetables we eat," Ikki said quickly, and smiled.

"I have a couple questions. Is this an all vegetarian island? Is that where you train airbenders? Do we need to wear air acolytes clothes? Do we each get our own flying bison? And final question, how many trees are on this island?" Bolin asked.

"Yes, Yes, No, No, 10,552," Ikki answered quickly.

The three of them stared blankly at Ikki. I smiled at their silliness. There was an awkward silence for a few moments until Mako broke it.

"So where are we gonna be staying?" Mako asked.

"You're a boy, boys stay on that side," Meelo said, pointing to the right.

"I'd be happy to show you to the men's dormitory," Jinora said, walking there while Mako followed.

"I'm a boy," Bolin said, and followed them.

"Meelo, why don't you follow the boys," Korra said, Meelo nodded and turned to Asami.

"We shall meet again soon beautiful woman," Meelo said, before following the boys.

"Ikki, Lei, and I, will take you to your room, this way," Korra said walking to the girls dormitory.

My room was right across Asami's, so if she needed anything she could just come to me. We were walking along the hall, and behind me was Korra and Asami. Ikki was next to me.

"Hey, Asami, did you know that Korra likes Mako?" Ikki asked Asami.

I raised my eyebrows and turned to Korra, who had a shocked yet angry expression. I chuckled.