Book 4 ~ Chapter 6

After the coronation ceremony, all the world leaders grew worried after Kuvira's speech. Mako and Wu went back to the hotel after the event, so did most of the world leaders. Wu was given a smaller room since the Presidential Suite was given to Kuvira. Wu was on his couch, groaning about what happened in the event, while Mako was packing his stuff into his suitcase.

"First, I lose my suite then I lose my throne, my royal broach is a lie! I know you must be crushed with the fact by not coming to Ba Sing Se with me," Wu sobbed, Mako thought about it for a moment. Wu was right, he didn't have to go with him to Ba Sing Se, but then again, he felt bad that he technically lost his throne.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine," Mako sighed, as he folded more of Wu's clothes then into the suitcase. Wu stood up and approached Mako.

"Good Ol' Mako, my big tough guy," Wu said happily, as he tiptoed to reach Mako's height and wrapped his arm around his shoulders. Mako sighed deeply.

"Okay, I just have to move on, take decisive action, so let's go shopping!" Wu said, as he approached the mirror, fixing his vest. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Mako walked over to the door and opened it to see his brother. Wu walked over to see who it was, and groaned.

"Ugh, get rid of him, he's with her," Wu said disgustingly, as he hugged Mako's arm. Mako rolled his eyes and removed his arm from Wu's grasp.

"He's my brother," Mako said pointedly, before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. He looked at his brother, with an eyebrow raised.

"Interesting ceremony, huh?" Bolin said innocently, Mako crossed his arms and looked at his brother.

"You won't be still working for Kuvira now that she's going against the wishes of the entire world, are you?" Mako asked, Bolin sighed deeply.

"You don't understand, Kuvira is helping out all the poor people in the Earth Empire. People like our family, this is for the best," Bolin explained.

"I don't know, bro," Mako shrugged.

"Okay, why don't you come with me and see for yourself? We're doing a lot of good and Varrick is working on a new innovation, we're making history!" Bolin said excitedly, Mako raised his eyebrow.

"By crushing anyone who gets in your way?" Mako questioned, as he crossed his arms.

"That was just tough talk to let the people know we mean business. I mean, Kuvira is basically just like Korra," Bolin tried, Mako raised his eyebrow in protest, disagreeing with his brother's opinion. Bolin continued, ignoring his brother's look, "She may seem hard to deal with, but it's because she's so passionate and believe in what she's doing,"

"It seems like she's just a dictator who's taking the earth kingdom by force," Mako protested.

"Oh, okay. So, you're saying your new best friend in there is a better leader than Kuvira?" Bolin retorted, pointing at the shut door. Mako shrugged.

Mako stuttered, "Well, no, but still I—,"

"Still what? Come on, Mako. I'm making a difference out there, what are you doing, huh? You're just a bodyguard for some snotty rich bozo," Bolin snapped, Mako scoffed harshly.

"I'm sorry, I don't wanna work for your glorious Emperor or her military dictatorship," Mako countered angrily, Bolin glared at his brother.

"Fine! I'm gonna go back to my awesome to my awesome train where we bring freedom wherever we go! Enjoy licking the king's boot in your JUNIOR SUITE!" Bolin shouted his last words, before stomping away from his brother. Mako sighed deeply as he opened the door to the suite and closed it behind him.