Book 1 ~ Chapter 33

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

After leaving Air Temple Island, we headed towards the Arena. We made our way inside easily with our disguises. There were tons of people gathered for the rally. We were hiding behind one of the corners outside of the Arena, with Kaya by our side. Kaya had followed us here, and we didn't have enough time to bring her back. However, having Kaya around would make it harder to sneak around.

"I'll find another way in, you guys go ahead," I whispered. Mako turned to me.

"Just be careful, okay?" Mako whispered, I nodded.

Korra and Mako made their way inside easily. I made my way into one of the back entrances with Kaya. There wasn't anyone in the halls, so it was safe to go around. We walked down the hall, then I heard voices coming from the corner. I started panicking, and saw a door. I hurriedly made my way into the room, dragging Kaya with me. It was a really dark room and the only light emitting from it came from the bottom of the door. From the bottom rim of the door, I saw a few shadows pass by. Once I heard nothing, I sighed in relief. Suddenly, I heard Kaya growling. I turned to her and followed her gaze. It was dark, so I couldn't see anything. Lights suddenly turned on, and the room revealed to be filled with a few equalists and Amon. I grab my Bo from my back and stood in defensive mode, and so did Kaya, as she growled at them. Amon took a step forward and slowly made his way to me. Kaya took it as an opportunity to lunge at him. She ran at him, but she stopped. She started whimpering as Amon bloodbended her. She laid on the ground unconscious. I glared at Amon, and I gave him all I've got.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
MAKOs POV

I didn't like the idea of Lei going another way, but she needed to hide Kaya somewhere while we deal with Amon. Korra and I headed to the balcony, where the referees used to stay during matches, and also where we will expose Amon for who he truly is. They somehow turned the Arena's ring into a stage. There were a lot of people down there, who were most probably forced to be there. Smoke suddenly filled the stage, while Amon and his equalists rose from the middle.

"Thank you for joining me on such a historic moment," Amon said, and the crowd went wild.

"When I was a boy, a firebender struck down my entire family and that tragic event started my mission to equalize the world," Amon said.

"That's a lie, Amon," Korra started, as we both took of our masks.

"Or should I call you Noatak?" Korra said.

"Everyone calm down, we have nothing to fear of the Avatar, let's hear what she has to say," Amon said.

"Amon has lied to you. He wasn't given power by the spirits to take bloodbending away, he uses bloodbending to do it. Amon is a waterbender," Korra said, and the crowd gasped.

"You're desperate, Avatar, making up stories about me is a pathetic last resort," Amon said.

"His family wasn't attacked by a firebender, his father is Yakone. And his brother is councilman Tarlock," Korra said, and the crowd exchanged whispers and gasps even more.

"An amusing story, but I will show you the truth," Amon said, as he took of his hood.

He untied his mask, and revealed his face that had a horrifying burn scar that covered half of his face.

"This is what a firebender did to me," Amon said, as he pointed at his own face.

"What?" Korra said confused, as she looked at me.

The crowd started being aggressive towards Korra. I turned around and saw a couple of equalists headed our way.

"I can't believe it! It didn't work!" Korra said.

"We said what we had to, let's get out of here, and find Lei," I said, as I put myself on a defensive stance.

"I wouldn't leave yet, Avatar, you'll miss the main event," Amon said.

We turned around and saw Tenzin and the airbender kids chained up against the pole. I looked at Korra who had a horrific expression on their face.

"I even caught a new one, just before the show," Amon said, as I looked at the stage.

Suddnely, his equalists brought out someone with a bag on their head to the middle of the stage. Amon took off the bag and revealed Lei. I widened my eyes, as I saw her. Amon threw Lei on the middle of the stage, and she laid on the ground. I glared at him.

"Tonight, I rid the world of airbending, forever,"

"Let them go," Korra shouted.

"You're welcome to come down here, to try and stop me," Amon taunted.

"He's trying to bait you," I said, as I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I don't care we have to save them," Korra said, as she brushed off my hand.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I was laying on the ground of the stage. I saw the Tenzin and the airbender kids tied up. Amon made his way towards the airbender kids.

"The Avatar needs to be reminded of what power I possess," Amon said, as he approached Meelo.

Suddenly, lightning hit the stage and I saw Mako was the one who struck it. Amon jumped back, and he was in front of me. Korra and Mako rode the wall of the Arena, using their firebending to prevent them from falling. Equalists threw the rope traps at then but they easily dodged it. Korra and Mako started sending the equalists fire punches. Korra went to Tenzin to break their chains. Mako kept throwing fire lashes at the equalists. Tenzin was set free and sent an air wave to Amon, who was knocked out of the stage. Mako came over to me and broke the chains.

"Come on," Mako said, as he took my hand and dragged me to follow Korra and the kids.

We came into the backstage, but there were two hallways. One on the right and one of the left.

"Get them out of here, we'll create a diversion," Korra said to Tenzin.

"Let's go get your mother and the baby," Tenzin said.

"Prison break!" Meelo exclaimed, as they made their way to the hall on the right.

Suddenly, the door we entered before opened to reveal Amon. Korra sent fire down the hall, while Mako took my hand again and dragged me along with him to hall on the left. Mako took us to the gym.

"Go hide," He whispered.

I hid myself behind one of the crates, that was beside a couple of wood pieces. I saw Korra hide under a table, while Mako hid at the end of the room. I kept quiet until I heard the door open. I heard footsteps as they walked around the room. I tried to keep my breathing still but I couldn't. Suddenly, I heard Korra squirm and I turned to see Amon bloodbending her into the air. I try to think of something quick, and I see piles of wood. I take one of them and run from my hiding spot, and throw it to Amon, but he dodges it. He bloodbends me into the air, and I squirm.

"Let them go," Mako shouted, as he continuously kept throwing fire punches at him.

Amon dodges the attacks, and bloodbends Mako as well. After a few moments, he drops us on the floor. I was being bloodbended again, and I saw Amon making his way over to Korra, and place his finger on her forehead.

"No!" I cried.

"Korra!" Mako shouted.

Korra eyes shot open, and her breathing became unsteady. Once Amon let go of her, she fell to the floor once her bending was taken away.

"I told you I would destroy you,"

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 25, 2019