Book 1 ~ Chapter 31

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

It was an early morning, it was mostly foggy the entire time. We were waiting for the United Forces, and I was hoping Iroh would be there. I had my bo at my back, since it was the only weapon I could use. We were at the end of the tunnel, that lead to the city. Mako was peeking through the corner to check if anyone was there.

"The coast is clear, come on," Mako said, as he took the lead.

We all followed him out of the tunnel, and up the stairs. Once we made it to the top, we crouched behind railings to avoid being spotted. We had the view of Air Temple Island, and the foggy ocean.

"Once the United Forces arrive, we need to help in any way we can," Korra said.

"They're here," Mako said, as he looked through binoculars.

There were a lot of ships. I've never really seen Iroh's fleet before. This would surely be enough to defeat Amon.

"Wait a second, where are the equalist airships," Korra asked.

"There aren't any mechatanks either," Mako said.

Suddenly, we heard an explosion, that came from the fleet. I immediately stood up, and saw that there were explosions coming from the water. I gripped onto the railing, and turned to Korra.

"Korra, please, you have to get General Iroh, please make sure he's alright for me," I said quickly, she nodded.

She jumped into the water, and used her water bending to get over to the fleets. Suddenly, there was a buzzing sound coming from the sky. We looked around but nothing is there. After a few moments, equalist planes flew from the city, and made their way to the fleet.

"Where does Hiroshi find the time to create these things!" Bolin exclaimed.

The fleet was heading straight for the battleships. All of them started dropping bombs, and some ships started exploding. I widened my eyes.

"Come on, Korra," I muttered.

I grabbed Bolin's binoculars and watched everything. Some of the bombs, went to the water, and others landed directly on the ship. Firebenders and earthbenders were trying to fend off the planes. Some of the airplanes have already fallen. Out of mowhere, Korra plunges out of the water with a water tornado holding her. She uses her waterbending to create ice spikes in the water, to destroy the low flying planes. The water tornado that was holding her, was broken by a plane, and she fell into the water. I looked around the ships to check for Iroh. Then I saw him on a tall platform, fending off the planes with his firebending. He was doing amazing, he was destroying plane after plane. Until, a plane headed straight for the tower he was in. He plane threw a bomb at the tower, and it exploded. I saw Iroh fall into the water. I became even more nervous when he wasn't resurfacing from the water. I was about to swim all the way there just to get him, but then I saw Korra holding him. I sighed in relief. Korra used her waterbending to come back to the shore, right in front of the tunnels. I ran down the stairs and went to them immediately.

"Iroh!" I shouted. He turned to me, with a surprised look.

"Lei! You're alright! I thought you were captured by Amon," He said, as I embraced him.

"I escaped and I'm so glad you're alright," I breathed out.

I pulled away from him, and he smiled. I looked at everyone else, who had confused expressions. Iroh still had his arm around my shoulder, for support. I looked at Korra and she looked curious. Asami and Bolin looked really confused. Mako looked angry, for some reason.