Book 2 ~ Chapter 17

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I woke up with a start and sat up immediately. I looked around my surroundings and found myself in a small pool of river water. Next to me was Korra, Mako, and Bolin, who also woke up. I looked behind me and saw Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi. Kya must have healed us using the spirit water, because I suddenly felt all my energy back.

"Thank goodness, you're all okay," Tenzin breathed, as we got up.

"Did you find Jinora?" Korra asked, as I stepped out of the pool of water.

"I was able to rescue her soul but she wasn't ready to return to her body yet. She sensed the world was in grave danger," Tenzin explained.

"She was right," Korra said softly, I looked at her.

"Were you able to stop Unalaq and Vaatu?" Tenzin asked, as Korra sat on a rock.

"No, they fused then Vaatu ripped Raava right out of me and destroyed her. Vaatu won," Korra said weakly, I sighed.

"No, I'm too young to live through ten thousand years of darkness. Korra, can't you talk to one of your past lives or something?" Bolin pleaded.

"When Vaatu destroyed Raava, he destroyed my connection to my other past lives too," Korra said.

"If that's true, then---," Tenzin got cut off.

"The cycle is over, I'm the last Avatar. I'm so sorry, Tenzin," Korra cried, as she started tearing up.

"The other Avatars may not be able to help you anymore, but perhaps I can," Tenzin said, as he approached Korra's side.

"No one can help me now," Korra said softly.

"I know I haven't been the best mentor to you, but I realized that it was because I had a lot of spiritual growth to do myself. There may still be a way for you to stop Vaatu," Tenzin said.

"How?" Korra asked curiously.

"Let go of your attachment to who you think you are and connect with your inner spirit," Tenzin replied.

"Didn't you here anything I said? Raava is gone. I'm not connected to a spirit anymore," Korra said.

"I'm not talking about Raava. Raava is not who you are. Come with me, I need to show you something," Tenzin said, before walking away.

Korra and the rest of the group followed slowly behind Tenzin, as he grew closer to the tree in the center. Korra walked ahead of us and stood right next to Tenzin.

"Why are you showing me Vaatu's prison?" Korra asked curiously.

"Because this tree had a history, long before it held Vaatu. This is the tree of time. The legend says that its roots binds the spirit and physical worlds together," Tenzin explained.

"And you think this tree can help me somehow?" Korra asked.

"Yes, I have read that long ago that the ancients would meditate beneath this tree and connect with great cosmic energy of the universe," Tenzin explained, as he led Korra to the bark of the tree.

After a few moments, Tenzin came towards the group by himself, leaving Korra inside the tree.

"How is she?" I asked, Tenzin smiled.

"She'll be fine but she needs to time to meditate," Tenzin replied, I nodded as I glanced at the tree.

I sat down on a nearby rock, resting all my bones and muscles after the events that have happened so far. Mako sat next to me, breathing heavily.