Book 2 ~ Chapter 13

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I've been in this cell for who knows how long. It supposed to be the premiere of Bolin's film right now. I sat on the floor, with my back against the wall and my legs flat on the ground. I kept playing with blue fire in my hands to keep myself away from boredom. I wasn't sleepy at all either, so it was hard to keep myself occupied. After a few moments, I heard footsteps from the outside of the cell door. Keys started rustling, as it unlocked the door to my cell. I stood up immediately and was greeted by a friendly face.

"Bolin?" I said, as I looked at him.

I scanned him and he looked like himself again without all those fancy clothes or weird outfits.

"Hey, Lei!" Bolin exclaimed.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion. Why aren't the guards shutting the door? Many questions filled my head. But before I could ask or say anything, Mako showed up on the door frame. I approached them slowly.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

"Beifong is letting us go, Lei," Mako replied, I smiled widely.

"Oh, thank the spirits, I was dying of boredom in there," I chuckled, as I went out of the cell.

Mako chuckled and pulled me into an embrace, I hugged him back as well. It was sort of an accomplishment for the both of us, now that truth had probably gotten out. I was just happy that everything was alright now. Bolin and I were walking on the opposite sides of Mako. We were heading down a corridor, and when we turned right, we were greeted by many faces we hadn't seen in a long time. They were all clapping once Mako and I entered the room. I smiled when I got a look at some of them, like Tenzin and his siblings. However, my smile vanished when I saw Korra behind them, who I was really surprised to see, but I was still mad at her after what happened the last time we met, so I avoided her gaze.

"Good job, Mako, you too, Lei. Both of you will make great detectives," Lin commended, I smiled proudly.

"But Chief, there aren't any detective openings," Gung stated.

"Actually, there are two openings now," Lin said, as she crossed her arms. Gung and Lu exchanged looks of disappointment. Lin turned to me.

"Lei, I know I gave you a temporary job, but how about a permanent one?" Lin asked, I smiled.

"I would be honored, Chief," I said, as I bowed my head.

Suddenly, Korra came running up to Mako and I. She ran at me first, hugging me tightly with her arms wrapped around my sides. While my arms were sticking out in shock, refusing to hug her back. My eyes widened at what she was doing, does she think I forgive her after saying all those things to me. She pulled away from me and smiled at me. I gave her an odd look before she shifted to Mako. I was even more shocked by what she did next, she kissed Mako briefly, who was left struck as well. Bolin and I exchanged confused looks as we watched the couple.

"Mako, I missed you so much!" Korra said excitedly. I glanced at Asami, who didn't seemed thrilled by the situation.

"Umm, I forgot to tell you, Korra's back..." Bolin said awkwardly, as he put his arms around Mako and I.

"Yeah, thanks for the new information, Bo," I said sarcastically.

"Korra, Hey, I missed you too. You're not still mad at me?" Mako asked awkwardly. Korra raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I be mad?" Korra said innocently, I narrowed my eyes at her, strangely confused with the situation happening before me.

"Well, we had that fight before you left," Mako replied slowly.