Book 1 ~ Chapter 29

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

They took me aboard one of the equalist air ships. I was standing, with chains in my hands, and two equalists guarding my back. I was taken to the same room as Amon, and Asami's father. Amon was looking out onto Republic City. I heard explosions, that sounded like they were coming from the City.

"I have been dreaming of this day for so long," Hiroshi said, as we hovered over the city.

"Yes, the time has come for the equalists to claim Republic City," Amon said.

Hiroshi went to telescope, and looked through it.

"Looks like Tenzin was able to escape again. I can't stand seeing Asami fight side by side with benders," Hiroshi sneered.

"Well, someone has to," I commented, Hiroshi glared at me.

"We will capture them before long, and you will have your daughter back," Amon said. Hiroshi smirked.

"We have arrived at our destination," one of the equalists said.

I looked out the window, and I widened my eyes when I saw that we were right above Air Temple Island.

Pema

She was probably with the airbender kids, but I don't know if the White Lotus soldiers could take them. I glanced out the window, and saw that they shot a long wire, that attached to the ground of Air Temple Island. Equalists started swinging down to the Island using it as a zipline. I was witnessing everything that was happening, all from a window.

I saw Lin standing in the middle of the courtyard, with equalists right in front of her. She used her metal wire as a whip to attack the equalists. Sadly, she was knocked down. I thought they were gonna get her, until Ikki appeared and blew them all away with their airbending. Meelo and Jinora suddenly came to Lin's aid as well, but she looked like she was shouting at them. The airbender kids succesfully knocked out all of the equalist, right on time as the White Lotus soldiers came to their aid.

Then, I saw Korra and everyone else arrived. Tenzin and his family went on Oogie, and flew off, to who knows where leaving Korra and the rest on the island. Two other airships arrived but they want after Oogie. I looked to my right and saw another airship arrive. They needed to get out of there, all of them. I looked Amon, and he was witnessing the whole thing as well. The two equalists were still guarding my sides. I looked around and couldn't see any kind of weapon I could use against them. I was stuck.

I looked at the window again, equalists were going down to the island from the other airship. The White Lotus soldiers held the equalists off, which was enough time for Korra and the rest to escape on Naga. Then an idea hit me.

Kaya. She must still be on the island, cause that's the last place I left her. If I could get down there, and call for her, she'll come.

The equalist were able to seige Air Temple Island. They were probably going to make it a new base of operations. The equalists started pushing me and ushering me forward, which probably meant they were gonna put me in a cell again.

They escorted me all the way to the courtyard. I glanced to the right, and saw the bisen keep door open. That was where Kaya and Naga would sleep, and that was the last place I left her in. I took it as a chance, and I whistled as loudly as I could. Nothing came. The equalist pushed me harder. Suddenly, I heard something running at us from behind. I turn around and see Kaya. I smirk and kick one of the equalists. Kaya jumped on the other equalist, knocking them out. Kaya used her sharp claws to break the chains. Once I was free, I hugged Kaya.

"Good girl," I said happily, as I soothed her.

We hid the knocked out equalists in the bisen keep, to give us more time to escape. I was about to leave the bisen keep when I saw a very long pitch fork. I picked it up, and removed the metal pointy end. I twirl it around and it became a bo. A bo, was basically a wooden long stick, which is used as a weapon. I used to use these to spar with Iroh, before in the Fire Nation. I took it with me, for defense. I held it tightly, I missed my firebending.

"Come on, girl, we need to get to Korra," I said.

We needed a way to get out of the island. Kaya and I hastily and carefully made our way to the docks. We were hiding behind a few bushes. There were a few speedboats, big enough to hold Kaya and I. There were a few equalists on the dock, so I had to do this quick. I whistled softly to Kaya, and she attacked first. I ran at them, and hit them with the bo. I spinned my bo, and I hit two equalists, knocking them out. I immediately boarded one of the speed boats, and whistled for Kaya. She boarded the boat, which caused it to rock a bit. Once we were on the boat, I started the engine and the boat moved fast. It moved across the lake at a fast speed.

I started thinking of places where Korra and the others could've gone. If they rode off Naga, Korra would've most likely used her water bending to cross the lake, since she did it before. But where would they go after?

I stopped the boat when we reached the other side. Everyone was still in a panic due to all the explosions. Equalists were roaming the streets, electrocuting any exposed bender. I immediately hid behind an alley, while Kaya followed me as well. I had to find out where Korra was. Suddenly, 5 equalists came behind me. They got hold of Kaya and electrocuted her, causing her to fall to the ground.

"Kaya!" I shouted, as I went to her.

The equalists were standing a few meters away from me. It was five against one, but it wasn't a problem for me. I ran forward, and hit the first equalist with the tip of my bo. Then, two equalists came at me, and I spinned my bo, hitting them both at the same time. There were two left, only, they had electric rods. I ran at them and hit the first one to the ground, but the second one was able to electrocute me. I yelled in pain and fell to the ground. I thought I was gonna get captured again, until the second equalist suddenly fell to the ground. I looked up to see Tahno.

"Tahno?" I said, he helped me stand up.

"Hey, Lei, you alright?" Tahno asked.

"I'm fine, thank you," I said, and I turned to Kaya and went to her.

She had just woken up from being knocked out. She licked me, and I giggled. I went back to Tahno, maybe he had some helpful information.

"Tahno, do you know a place where we could lay low?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, I'll bring you there, I've been taking in some resistance into the place," Tahno said.

"Take me there, please," I said.

"I will, because Korra's down there as well," Tahno said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Down there?" I repeated. He smiled lightly.

"Just follow me," Tahno said, as he opened a man hole that lead to the sewers. I followed him, since it would lead me to Korra and the others.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
IROH II's POV

I was on a boat, with a fleet of my United Forces. I was the General of the United Forces. I was staring onto the vast ocean, until I was interrupted by one of my soldiers.

"General, I just received a message from the Avatar. She says Amon and his forces have gained control of the city, and he has captured Princess Lei," the soldier said. I widened my eyes at the mention of Lei.

"How do you want to respond?" the soldier asked. I glared at the view of the ocean. If Amon has captured Lei, I needed to go to Republic City right away.

"Tell her we'll arrive in three days time, and that I look forward to winning this war, together," I said, as we set course for Republic City.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 16, 2019