Book 2 ~ Chapter 14

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

After seeing Varrick in prison, we headed for his battleship where we found all of Asami's stolen stuff. Before we took off, I picked up Kaya from Air Temple Islang who looked relieved to see me. After bringing Kaya to the ship, Mako and I were later briefed about what had happened to Jinora in the spirit world. I went to visit her while Kya was healing her, as she lay still in the tub of water.

It was the next day, Korra was training with her airbending against a straw dummy, while Tenzin wa instructing her. Kaya and Naga were laying down on the deck right next to each other, while Mako and I stood there watching Korra airbend. She was giving hard air kicks at the dummy who only moved slightly, then moved back to its original position. Bolin suddenly appeared into view and made his way over to us wearing another ridiculous outfit.

"What's with the coat? And where'd you get a piece of pie?" Mako asked curiously.

"It's a Varrick ship, you never know what you're gonna find. There's a whole deck with fun house mirrors, and of course, there is also the cat hater deck," Bolin said, as he showed his ripped pants.

"I miss that guy, he always knew how to make a long trip interesting," Bolin sighed.

"So, have you told Korra about how you guys broke up and that you were dating Asami while she was gone?" Bolin asked, I immediately looked at Mako.

"You still haven't told her?!" I said pointedly, as I smacked his arm.

"Would you keep it down, I haven't found the right moment yet," Mako shrugged, as he rubbed his arm.

"Ohh, Mako. A wise man once told me that giving bad news to a girlfriend was like pulling off a blood sucking leech. You just have to pull it fast to get it over with," Bolin stated, as he put his arm around Mako.

"Who told you that?" I asked, Bolin smiled.

"I hate it when you listen to me," Mako said, I raised my eyebrows.

"You said it?" I chuckled, Mako put his head down in embarrassment.

"Fine, I'll tell her," Mako said.

I put my attention back to Korra's training as her hits became stronger against the dummy.

"Unalaq will be waiting for you. You will need all of you Avatar strength to stop him," Tenzin shouted.

"I'm going to close the spirit portal, lock Vaatu in for the next 10,000 years, and make Unalaq wish he'd never been born!" Korra shouted angrily, before throwing a fire punch directly at the dummy's face.

The dummy's face landed next to Mako's feet, all burnt and straw spewing out of it. I smirked and looked at Mako.

"See that? This is what you'll look like after telling Korra," I whispered to his ear, He glared at me.

"Not helping," Mako said, I chuckled.

Korra started walking up to us. Mako grabbed the dummy's head and handed it to her.

"Thanks, Mako," Korra said before turning away. I looked at Mako pointedly. He sighed.

"Um...." Mako trailed off, Korra turned around.

"Is there something you wanted to say?" Korra asked,  Bolin and I waited for him to respond.

"Nope, nothing," Mako said, as he held his chin. Korra walked away and made her way over to Tenzin.

"Like a leech you said?" I teased, Mako glared at me before walking away.

Bolin and I followed behind him, as the whole group started gathering up near the end of the front deck. It looked like Tenzin and Bumi were having a heated discussion until three of us arrived. Suddenly, Asami started walking into the group as well.