Q&A

Happy One Year Anniversary guys! Here are some of the questions you submitted!

What inspired you to write this book?

When I first watched Avatar, I was really young to understand most of it. Last year, I was binge watching some old cartoons and Avatar happened to be one of them. After I finished Avatar: The Last Airbender, I moved onto to the Legend of Korra series. While I was watching it, I really liked the idea of the modernized world of Avatar, that is one of the things that inspired me. So, when I finished watching all the seasons, I just immediately thought of my own character in that series. I never thought I would publish it, but I really enjoy writing so I thought I would give it a shot. Funny thing, I thought of the entire plot while taking a shower. I remember spending 20 minutes in the shower just thinking of what to write. So after a long period of brainstorming, I started writing the first chapter and I posted it.

Will you be writing another LOK or ATLA book after this one's finished? Or writing about a totally different fandom?

After finishing this book, I will be writing another ATLA book that is basically Zuko x OC, however, that book will be published after I'm done writing another book. The next book I would be writing about will be about the Harry Potter fandom. So, it's a Draco Malfoy fanfiction that I have been wanting to write and publish for quite a while. So, if some of you are interested in Harry Potter, please wait for the book I have in store hehe. It's called "Stay with Me, Always,"

I wonder if Lei's headaches are normal or meant to turn out being something more in the future?

Okay, I've been reading a lot of comments about this. These headaches aren't normal for Lei and she does struggle with them after three years. I just want to make it clear that Lei hasn't used her lightning bending for three years because of her condition, more about it will be explained in the future chapters. The headaches don't really turn out as something more as the book progresses, but it will give Lei a sense of change after. That's all I can say.

Who's your favorite character at the Avatar Legend of Korra, and why?

This was a tough question since I never really thought about it. I would say that Suyin Beifong is my favorite from the LOK series, because she was able to prove to her family she could do so much more, and she did when she built Zaofu, which I think is a very cool place to live in. She also does whatever it takes to protect her family and even make sure someone is never left out, since I think, she felt that way when she was young. I kinda relate to her in a way, because I always try to prove to my family that I can do so much as a person so young.

How old is Lei?

Lei is the same age as Mako, but a few months younger, which makes her older than Korra and Bolin. Here age in the following books:

Book 1: 18 years old
Book 2 & 3: 19 years old
Book 4 : 22 years old
Book 5: 23 years old

Is our dear Lei gonna get more powerful?

Powerful with Wisdom 🙌🏻😂

Is Lei going to turn just like her grandmother at some point in the story?

Maybe, Maybe not.

Is Chang a partial reason for Lei's headaches or is it just PTSD after what happened with the Red Lotus?

PTSD. Chang has absolutely nothing to do with her headaches.

Is there gonna be a Zuko book?

Yes, I will write a Zuko book but it won't be posted right away after this book.

Why did you decide on having Lei be Azula's granddaughter?

I've always admired Azula, a lot of people see her as a bad person, and that's understandable. But, she's mentally unstable because of how she grew up. At that point, I kinda felt bad for her. After the comics, no one really knew what happened to her so I decided to give her a happy ending by creating a character that will reshape Azula's image from the world.

How would you describe Lei and Mako's relationship?

Mako and Lei's relationship is a trustworthy and affectionate kind of relationship. Most of their relationship was built on trust, that's why I wanted them to become good friends first, so that they could learn to trust each other. As the book progresses, you can tell that they start to care about each other in many ways, especially the little things they do for each other.

If there are some questions I missed out, I'll edit this chapter and answer them here, so if you have more just comment on the One Year Anniversary part. Thank you and I hope I answered your questions. Chapter will be posted after this!

PUBLISHED: April 24, 2020