Book 2 ~ Chapter 4

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

It was the next day, I was walking to Mako and Bolin's apartment while carrying a book to help with the investigation. I got it from one of the officers in the police station this morning before I went here. I stopped walking when I reached a red building. Mako told me he lived on the third floor, so I made my way inside. I went up the stairs, and approached the door at the end of the hall. I was about to knock, but it was suddenly opened by Korra. I was shocked to see her so suddenly, but then again, Mako's her boyfriend.

"Korra?" I said in surprise, but she stomped away in anger.

"You're the one who's like this!" Mako shouted, as I stepped in.

Mako was sitting on the couch, and I glanced at Korra, but she had already gone.

"Did I come at a bad time?" I asked, as I closed the door.

"No, Korra's just giving me a headache right now," Mako said, as he crossed his arms.

"Well, we can work on the investigation later then," I said, as I was about to walk to the door.

"No, It's alright, I just need a little break before we start," Mako said, as he got up from his couch.

Mako went to his small kitchen, while I took a seat on his yellow couch. I took off the swords from my back and placed it on the table beside the couch. It was a nice apartment, and I was glad that Mako and Bolin finally had a place of their own. Mako came back with two glasses of dragonfruit juice. He sat down on the couch right next to me.

"What did you and Korra fight about?" I asked, Mako sighed.

"She was complaining about President Raiko mot giving her help against the North, and I tried to talk to her about it, but then she got mad that I was taking their side. Seriously, why does their have to be sides," Mako explained, with an annoyed tone.

"Well, for one, Korra shouldn't be taking a side and you're right about that," I said, as I took a sip of the juice.

"What should I do, Lei? I don't know what to say to her anymore," Mako sighed, as I put down my glass on the coffee table.

"What you've been telling her so far is alright Mako, it's Korra's choice if she wants to take in what you're saying," I said, Mako sighed.

"Enough about Korra and I, how was the trip back to the Fire Nation?" Mako asked, as I fixed myself into a more comfortable position on the couch.

"Well, it was a relaxing week, until I had to spend my last day there going around every inch of the Fire Nation," I said, Mako raised his eyebrows.

"That must've been tiring," Mako commented.

"It was, but that day wasn't all boring since, I got to chase a few criminals," I said, Mako chuckled.

"What's the book for?" Mako asked, pointing at the book on my lap.

"Oh, I thought this would help with the investigation," I said, as I handed it over to Mako.

"Its a list of all the registered criminals, their names and which gang they're in. We could maybe find the guy we so last night here," I added, as he went through the pages.

"Great job, Lei," Mako complimented.

He adjusted his position and put the book in between us, so we could scan the book together. We looked through the pages for a while, and we still couldn't find the guy. The door suddenly opened revealing Bolin.