Book 1 ~ Chapter 16

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

The fire ferrets had another game tonight, only it was the semi finals. If they win, they get into the finals and they'll be against the Wolf bats. I headed to the Arena and decided to wait for Asami, since Mako told me she'd be watching as well. After a while, I see Asami walking up to me, and I smiled at her.

"Hey, Lei," Asami greeted.

"Hi Asami," I replied.

"Wanna head in?" Asami asked. I nodded.

We entered the Arena and made our way to the seats we sat in before. I sat beside Asami and it looked like the match was about to start.

"So, how are you?" Asami asked.

"I've been doing better," I sighed.

"I've actually been meaning to ask you something," Asami said. I looked at her.

"About what?" I asked.

"About the time you had a date, when you missed the lunch with Mako and I," Asami said.

"It wasn't a date, I just has lunch with my cousin," I said.

"Oh? Mako told me you went on a date, he seemed pretty upset about it when he told me," Asami said, and suddenly the bell rang.

The Semi Finals were here and the Fire ferrets were against the Buzzard Wasps. The commentator said that it would be a challenging match. I hoped with all my heart that they would win.

Round one started, and it looks like the fire ferrets had a bad start. In less than a minute, Mako, Bolin, and Korra were knocked out, and Buzzard Wasps won first round. Second Round started, and it was still not looking good for them. They weren't working as a team, and it saddened me. Mako suddenly was knocked out, while Bolin and Korra were knocked over to zone 3. They were trying to fend off the opponents, but the bell rang and they were saved by the bell. Before Round 3, they looked like they were conversing. Round three began, and Bolin was hit on the shoulder by the earthbender. Mako comes to his aid, but only to be knocked into the water. Bolin is knocked off as well. It was just Korra left and it made me even more nervous. Korra was amazing, she was dodging every attack just like she did in her very first match. She kept throwing attacks until one opponent was in each zone. They were all lined up, and Korra launched a beautiful knock out sending all of them into the water in one move. Asami and I jumped in joy for the Fire Ferrets. They're in the championships!

The two of us made our way to the locker rooms. Asami bursted into the room first in excitement,

"Congrats, guys!" Asami said as she wrapped her arms around Mako.

"Especially you Korra! I've never seen a Hat Trick like that!" Asami added. Korra smiled.

"Actually, without you, we wouldn't have been able to compete, so thank you," Korra said. I smiled at her remark.

"Congrats, guys, I'm proud of all of you," I said softly. Korra immediately turned around at the sound of my voice.

"Lei!" Korra exclaimed and embraced me.

"I'm sorry, I know I made a stupid decision, but I'm trying to fix it by myself," Korra said. I smiled.

"Well, if everyone is done with the thanks and congratulations, I need some medical attention over here," Bolin said impatiently.

"Oh! Let me help!" Korra said, she touched his shoulder and he winced in pain.

"Ouch! Haven't you hurt me enough woman!" Bolin exclaimed.

"Relax, I'm a healer, Katara taught me," Korra said as she bended the water next to Bolin.

She bended the water onto Bolin's shoulder and it made a glow.

"Oh! Oh...That's the stuff," Bolin felt soothed by the water.

Suddenly the bell rang, indicating that the next match was already over.

"The match is already done? That fast?" Korra said in disbelief.

I looked at the arena, and everyone was cheering for the Wolf Bats. The other team didn't look so good, injured and carried out of the arena. The Wolf Bats take this game seriously, and if the Fire Ferrets want to win, they've got to give everything they've got.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 4, 2019