Book 1 ~ Chapter 20

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Sato Cars drove fast as they passed by us, I smiled widely as they passed by. Asami took us all here after swimming. Once I saw the Sato Mobiles, Korra and I immediately grew curious and excited. We were all sitting on the stands watching as Sato Mobiles were driving fast on the race track. As the cars drove past by again, my smile became wider.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Asami said.

"Way cooler than a makeover," Korra commented.

"This is where future industries test the Sato Mobiles, ever been behind the wheel?" Asami asked.

"I rode a lot on my moped in the Fire Nation, but nothing I've rode is as fast as Kaya," I said.

"The only thing I know how to drive is a polar bear dog," Korra said.

"Want me to take you for a spin?" Asami asked. I immediately turned to her in excitement.

"Let's do it!" Korra said.

"Can I have a ride of my own?" I asked. Asami smiled.

"Sure, someone else can ride with you," Asami said. I smiled widely.

"I'll ride with you," Mako volunteered. I nodded.

A few moments later, I was sitting on the drivers seat of a Sato Mobile. Mako was sitting behind me, with a buckled seat belt. He made a thumbs up, telling me he's ready. I look over to my left, to see Asami and Korra. Asami had the driver's seat while Korra was at the back. Asami winked at me, while I smirked. I am a very very VERY competitive person. I fastened my goggles on, and I held the steering wheel tightly. A shot was fired, and as an instinct, I stepped on the gas pedal abruptly. The sato mobile started moving, and so did Asami's. They were ahead of us but not for long. I pressed harder on the gas pedal, and we sped up. We were able to catch up to Asami and Korra, and we were now head to head. There was a turn coming up, and I drifted to easily make the turn. The drift gave me a head start, and I was right in front of Asami and Korra.

"Yeah!!" Mako shouted in excitement from behind me.

Although, I wasn't ahead for long. Asami drove to my side and we were side by side once more. It was just a few meters until the finish line. It was neck and neck between Asami and I. We ended up crossing the finishing line together. Asami drove in front of us, after, to lead us to the pitstop. I stopped the sato mobile right behind Asami's. I got out of the Sato mobile and so did Mako. Asami got out and was currently talking to Korra, I'm glad they were actually getting along together.

"What a thrill!" I said. He smiled.

"Enjoyed yourself, did you?" Mako chuckled.

"A part of me really wants to do another round," I said. He laughed.

Mako and I walked up to Korra and Asami. Asami turned to me.

"What a race! Is there anything you can't do, Lei?" Asami complimented. I smiled.

"How about you? That last trick was pretty awesome," I complimented.

"Sometimes you have to improvise a bit," Asami smiled.

"We have to do that again sometime," Asami added. I nodded.

"Maybe next time, I'll beat you," I teased, Asami rolled her eyes.

Asami wasn't that bad of a person. She's perfect, not to mention, she's pretty and rich. I see why Mako likes her. She seems like a good friend too, hopefully we stay friends. After the race, all of us headed up to the mansion. As soon as we arrived, Bolin burst through the door in a hurry holding his bladder all the way to the bathroom.

"Is there another bathroom I could use?" Korra chuckled. Asami nodded.

"We have a ladies powder room upstairs, first door on your right," Asami said.

"Thanks," Korra said before heading up the stairs.

Asami took us to a small living room on the same floor. I saw couch and immediately plopped myself down on it. I sigh heavily, I was really tired from everything today, but it was fun. Asami and Mako took a seat on the opposite couch, while Mako had his arm around Asami.

"I've been meaning to ask you, Lei, who was that guy you were on a date with when you missed our lunch?" Asami asked curiously. I looked at the both of them and could see Mako was interested as well.

"It wasn't a date, I just had lunch with my cousin. I wanted to ask him about how the fire nation has been," I explained.

"Oh, well, have you dated anyone before?" Asami asked.

"Yeah, I dated someone when I was 16 but I don't talk about him a lot," I said softly.

"Why?" Mako asked. I looked at him with a sad expression.

"He, um, died, during an attack on the palace when I was 16," I stuttered.

The room became quiet, and I became immediately uncomfortable. Asami stood up and sat down beside me to my left. She gave a me a soft expression, and wrapped one arm around my shoulders, and the other holding my left arm.

"I'm sorry that I brought it up," Asami said softly. I smiled lightly.

"It's alright, it's been a long time, I've gotten over it," I said softly. Asami smiled.

Suddenly, the door opened revealing Korra, who seemed to be bothered by something. What has she done now? She can't go to the bathroom by herself?

"Um, Lei, could I speak to you for a moment," Korra asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Sure," I replied, and stood up.

I smiled at Asami before standing up to leave, and she smiled back. I was right, she will be a nice friend. Korra led me out the door, and into the main room.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"I overheard Mr. Sato talking on the phone," Korra said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Overheard? Or Eavesdropped?" I asked, with crossed arms.

"He sounded suspicious, he was talking about how great that cabbage corp. shut down and that they'll be ready to strike by the end of the week," Korra explained.

"Do you think Mr. Sato is working with the equalists?" Korra added. If this was true, it would mean very bad things to Asami, and I felt bad since she just became closer as friends.

"This is a pretty big accusation, Korra, but it does make sense, where else would the equalists be getting their advanced technology, maybe we should discuss this with Tenzin," I said. Korra nodded.

"Let's go," Korra said, but before she could turn the door knob, Asami spoke up.

"Leaving already? But I thought—," Asami got cut off.

"I'm sorry I just remembered we're supposed to Air-sit— I mean, baby-bend— I mean, babysit the airbender kids," Korra stuttered.

"See you later!" Korra shouted, as she barged through the doors, and I followed her.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 9, 2019