Book 1 ~ Chapter 30

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Tahno and I were walking through an underground tunnel. He was leading me to where Korra was. It made sense, the edge of Republic City are large pipes, they must've went through them to avoid being spotted by equalists.

"Where exactly does this tunnel lead to?" I asked.

"A resistance camp, I've been taking people here to protect them from the equalists. It was Korra's idea," Tahno replied.

"How are they?" I asked. Tahno looked at me.

"You mean Korra and her friends? They've been hanging around here since the attack," Tahno replied.

"Actually, I was surprised to see you up there. I thought you were still captured," Tahno added.

"I had to escape that hell hole, sometime," I said.

"Did he take away your bending?" Tahno asked, and I felt my heart break.

"Yeah, he did," I said softly. Tahno put his hand on my shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright, Lei, everything will be fine once you get used to it," Tahno said.

"Before, you said you've been through every healer in the city, and nothing worked?" I said softly.

"Yeah, I tried everything," Tahno sighed. I raised my eyebrows.

"Not everything," I said, Tahno raised an eyebrow.

"Katara, she's the best healer in the world, she has to help us," I said with hope in my voice.

"And if it doesn't work?" Tahno asked. I frowned.

"Then, I wasted half of my life on training to be someone I can no longer be," I replied softly.

We continued walking through the tunnel, until we reached an open area filled with tents. This must be the Resistance camp. I looked around, from where I was standing, and couldn't see Korra and the others.

"Korra and her friends are at the end of the Resistance Camp, I need to go, I still need to do my job up there," Tahno said. I turned to him.

"Thank you, Tahno," I said, he smiled lightly, and went back down the tunnel.

Suddenly, everyone's eyes were on me. I forgot that they know what I look like. I walked slowly into the camp, with Kaya walking by my side. After a few moments, everyone crowded around me, just staring at me.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
MAKOs POV

Ever since the attack, we've been staying in this underground camp, planning out our attack. Korra and I were walking down the tunnel. We just came from a rally, disguised in equalist clothes. We were on our way back to the Resistance Camp.

"Can you believe Hiroshi? 'The avatar's on the run' I'm not running from anyone," Korra said annoyed.

"I'm gonna go up there, and knock some sense into them, then they'll know what hit em," Korra said, as she turned around but I stopped her.

"Relax, General Iroh is coming back with an entire fleet of battleships, then Amon will be the one running," I said.

"I hate this whole patience, I can't wait any longer. I just wanna get Lei back," Korra said.

"I miss her too, Korra, but we can't do anything against Amon without the United Forces," I said softly. She sighed.

We continued our way back to the camp. I saw Asami and Bolin sitting together with Pabu. They saw us coming, and they approached us.