210. Showing Result

A battle also occurred between duo Gajeel & Levy vs duo Yomazu & Kawazu. Yomazu is a brown humanoid goat while Kawazu is a humanoid chicken. Both of them are the strongest lesser members of Grimoire Heart, so they are just below Seven Kin of Purgatory.

They always work together because they serve under Capricorn. That's why they chased Gajeel & Levy together on Capricorn's order. It's also because they are not strong enough to fight the 2 Fairy Tail Mages alone.

One of Ben's clones also watches this battle because he knows that Gajeel & Levy are exhausted from the exam. They faced his main body, after all, and fought until they were totally exhausted. So they might run out of magic power in this battle.

It's also a chance to see whether these 2 have grown or not. Ben has given them a lot of advice in the first exam and it will be good if they can apply them now. So the clone watches as the battle starts and he immediately sees that the 2 have grown up a little.

Gajeel who usually will attack head-on right of the bat now uses his magic to check the enemies' abilities. He uses his Iron Dragon's Roar to attack the 2 enemies by moving his roar attack sideways.

It hits Yomazu first and he blocks it using a Solid Script just like Levy. But Yomazu's solid script uses Japanese Kanji instead of the alphabet, which is named Orient Solid Script. He makes a shield to block Gajeel's roar attack and it is strong enough to block it without getting clear damage.

The roar attack moves to Kawazu who opens his beak and spits a lot of big eggs on the ground in front of him. The eggs break and yolks come out of them, creating a wall. But the yolk can't defend against the roar attack so Kawazu flies up to avoid it.

Now Gajeel & Levy has little understanding of the enemies' powers. Yomazu should be stronger than Kawazu, but the latter has better movements because he can fly. They still need to see more and make the best strategy though, but this is good enough.

After facing Ben in the first exam, they finally understand the importance of knowing their enemy's power even if it's just for a little. So now they will test a few more things before they make a strategy and go all out.

Gajeel decides to attack Yomazu while Levy will attack Kawazu. They will try to use minimum magic power while forcing their enemies to show their cards. It is difficult, but they need to try it first because it's the best thing to do with their current magic power.

Both of them split and they rush to attack their targets. Gajeel rushes toward Yomazu while covering his skin with iron scales. Yomazu also gets ready and holds his katana on his left side.

Then when Gajeel gets close to him, Yomazu moves forward and flashes past Gajeel. He has unsheathed and slashed Gajeel's body at a high speed before sheathing his katana again. It is an iai technique that creates a dark wave in its trail.

This technique will cut through everything it passes and surely will cut Gajeel's iron scales. But to Yomazu's surprise, Gajeel doesn't get cut and still standing with a grin on his face. When he looks at Gajeel's body, Yomazu sees an iron plate attached to Gajeel's body.

There is a slash mark on the iron plate, meaning his attack was hitting the iron plate. His slash wasn't strong enough to cut through it and touched Gajeel. That's why Gajeel is fine and now grinning smugly.

"You are fast, but Ben is a lot faster than you. After seeing his speed, there's no way I will not be able to see your speed. It's like comparing a lion's speed with a snail," says Gajeel as he retracts the iron plate.

"So there's someone like that among you, huh? Well, it doesn't matter. The higher-ups will take care of him while I take care of you," says Yomazu.

"Gehehe, taking care of him? I'm not sure if any one of you can handle that guy. He is beyond ridiculous, after all. And you can also dream about defeating me," says Gajeel before he rushes at Yomazu again and starts a direct battle.

On another hand, Levy's fight with Kawazu also finally starts. Kawazu attacks first while flying as Levy approaches him. He shoots multiple eggs at Levy and she makes a strong fire attack to burn the eggs to ash.

But Kawazu already shoots the 2nd wave of attack, passing through the burnt eggs. The eggs then break before reaching Levy and the yolks turn into fists that rain down on Levy. Kawazu smirks triumphantly only to get his face stiffens when seeing Levy is fine.

Levy has made a thick earth wall to protect her from the yolk fists. She has prepared the earth wall even before she made the fire attack. This is the result of her exam with Ben, which is to prepare something else just in case the first plan fails.

"I made this wall reflexively because I always need to think steps further when I fought Ben. Hehe, the exam with him has taught me a lot of things," says Levy as she dispels the earth wall.

She has more confidence now although she still hasn't found a way to take Kawazu down. A flying opponent is very troublesome because they can move freely. Furthermore, Kawazu uses long-range attacks, making it more difficult for Levy.

Meanwhile, Gajeel is fighting Yomazu using his Iron Dragon Sword. He transforms his right hand into a sword with rotating blades. Gajeel keeps attacking Yomazu relentlessly and doesn't let Yomazu takes a break.

He knows that Yomazu can use Orient Solid script, so he keeps attacking Yomazu to prevent the brown goatman from using it. Now Yomazu can only fight Gajeel using his sword and Gajeel start to dominate the battle.

After facing the super fast Ben in the first exam, fighting Yomazu is just like a child's play. Also, Gajeel's close combat skills have been polished in the first exam and get better. Now his attacks are faster and stronger.

He keeps pushing Yomazu while evading the latter's attacks instead of blocking them. The battle keeps staying in Gajeel's favor until eventually, he defeats Yomazu using another Iron Dragon Sword in his left hand after parrying Yomazu's sword.

Levy also finally finds a way to face the flying Kawazu. She writes 5 TORNADO letters and throws them to encircle Kawazu. Then 5 whirlwinds appear around Kawazu who still flies in the air.

The 5 tornadoes cause a big disturbance in the air and make Kawazu unable to control his flight. He gets stirred up in the middle of the 5 tornadoes and gets thrown here and there. He tries to resist but all his attempts are futile.

Levy hasn't finished yet though as she writes a big LIGHTNING letter. He throws it into the middle of the 5 tornadoes and activates it. The letter turns into multiple lightning strikes that shot everywhere.

Kawazu who is thrown around in the turbulence gets hit by multiple lightning currents although not all of them hit him. But the ones that hit him give him a lot of damage and his muscles tensed up because of the electricity so he can't move his wings temporarily.

The tornadoes almost disappear right after the lightning strikes get executed. Kawazu hasn't defeated completely, so Levy makes another attack. She writes HAMMER and throws it at the falling Kawazu who can't fly temporarily.

The letter turns its shape into a giant hammer and it hits Kawazu from above very hard. Kawazu falls at a very high speed and crashes onto the ground very hard. He almost gets unconscious by that attack and finally really turns unconscious when Levy hits him a few more times using the giant hammer.

Ben's clone smiles happily seeing Gajeel & Levy use his main body's advice and their experience when fighting him immediately. They have grown and become better than when they faced him in the first exam. The current victory is something they deserve.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 245 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 256 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)