220. End of Fairies

Acnologia prepares a Dragon's Roar after hitting Ben, Mira, & Bella. The Fairy Tail Mages who are in despair know Acnologia is going to attack them but they have lost their will to fight after seeing the 3 Mages get hit by Acnologia's strong attack.

Their emotions are in turmoil but Wendy, Carla, Elfman, and Lisanna have the worst condition. Those 3 are their family but they could only watch as the 3 of them received that attack. They can only look at the sky with blank expressions as teats flowing from their eyes now.

Makarov & Gildarts are very sad too, but they can compose themselves. They have gone through many things for years and even decades of their lives as Mages. So even if they are very sad, they still can think rationally.

"Everyone, wake up! This hasn't ended yet, we still need to fight," says Makarov.

"Master is right, we shouldn't give up yet. Ben & Mira are stronger than you all, I know this very well. They still have a chance to survive that. So we need to survive too and help them," says Gildarts.

"R-really?" asks Wendy hopefully.

"Yeah. At the very least, their chance of survival is higher than any of you here. So let's work together and leave this place alive. If we are dead, then no one can help those 3," says Gildarts.

"Elfman, Lisanna, Wendy, Carla, you guys are treasured by Ben & Mira. What will they say if they see you giving up now after they worked hard to protect you? Even Bella will be angry if they see you give up," says Makarov.

Erza is the first to recover and she says, "That's right. Let's not give up too fast and believe in them. Ben & Mira are strong so they will be fine. They also protected Bella, so she will be fine too."

The young Mages agree with Erza and finally get ahold of themselves. Wendy & Carla has been with Ben for years so they know how strong he is. They are sure that he will be fine. Elfman & Lisanna also think the same, that's what they believe.

They all then gather and hold each other's hands to channel their magic power. Acnologia's attack is very strong so they need to face it together. They channel their magic power to create a strong defense.

Right when the Mages do that, Acnologia has finished his preparation. Bright bluish energy is formed in his mouth, ready to be shot anytime. He doesn't waste time and shoots a massive energy beam from his mouth toward the Fairy Tail Mages.

*BOOM*

A massive explosion is created from Acnologia's attack. It engulfs the whole of Tenrou Island and even the sea around it. The shockwave is so strong that it pushes the seawater and creates big waves.

The explosion disappears after a moment and the result is very shocking. Tenrou Island has disappeared and a giant hole is formed in the sea. The fate of everyone on the island isn't known, but the chance of their escape is almost nill.

Acnologia gazes as the seawater fills the giant hole again before he leaves. There's nothing left there and he is satisfied with the destruction that he created. He is someone who loves to destroy things, after all.

On a rather far location, some ships can be seen floating on the sea. They are Magic Council's ships that came as reinforcement after the first fleet get destroyed by Azuma. All of them saw the Fairies' battles against Acnologia but they didn't dare to get closer.

They could feel Acnologia's massive power and know that they aren't his match. So they didn't get closer and just called their HQ to ask for help. Even though they wanted to destroy Fairy Tail, they never intended to kill the guild members. They just wanted to make the guild get disbanded.

The HQ accept their request and prepares Etherion to attack Acnologia. But it will take time to prepare especially after it gets closed since Jellal & Ultear's plot. They just hoped that the Fairies can hold on until it was ready but that didn't happen.

Ben's power & battle against Acnologia really surprised the Council members. But they get even more surprised to see Ben's attacks didn't work on Acnologia. His power in the previous Dragon Force has made him one of the strongest Mage in Ishgar, after all.

But Acnologia still defeated him easily and even destroyed Tenrou Island where Makarov & Gildarts were presented. Now Acnologia has left, so there's no use to shoot Etherion again because they don't know where Acnologia has gone to.

But at least, they know where Ben, Mira, & Bella are after getting hit by Acnologia. The 3 of them were shot at one of the Council's ships. A trail of destruction can be seen from the front side to the inner back lower cabin.

The ship almost gets split in half but it doesn't because the 3's movement gets stopped before it happens. But the destruction is very big already and the ship has started to sink. They need to evacuate soon before the ship sinks.

Mest or also known as Doranbolt, a Council member who infiltrated the S-Class exam come to the destroyed ship. He follows the trail of destruction together with Lahar a Council officer and some men.

They arrive at the end of the trail and the sight makes them shocked. At the end of the trail is a man with a bloody appearance. His whole body is covered by blood and bits of destroyed metal are sticking to his body.

It is Ben who is unconscious but his eyes are open and he still has an intimidating gaze, as if telling no one to get closer. He is still holding the unconscious Mira & Bella in front of him even with his broken hands. Both of them only have a few scratches on their skin, very contrast with his appearance.

Lahar widens his eyes and says, "What a man, he still protects them even with his condition. It seems he used all his remaining magic power to protect them instead of himself. His remaining magic power must've been low, so he can only protect them. Also, the defense power will be higher if he just used it for these 2."

Doranbolt's eyes are shaking as he approaches Ben & the girls. But suddenly Lahar stops him and forbids anyone from touching the 3. He tells them that they can't carelessly move these 3, especially Ben because it might worsen his condition when he's already dying.

"We need professionals to do this and our medic personnel isn't good enough. His life force is also very weak and I won't be able to sense it if I'm not this close. It will be bad if we do something wrong because it might kill him," says Lahar.

"THEN WHAT SHOULD WE DO? WE CAN'T LET THEM BE OR THEY WILL DIE," says Doranbolt angrily while holding Lahar's collar.

"Calm down! We need to move them along with the things around them. Let's cut these parts and carefully carry them," says Lahar.

Doranbolt calms down and immediately orders their men to do as Lahar said. They move fast and carefully as they cut the parts around the 3. Then they use magic to carefully lift the 3 & the parts before leaving the ship.

Doranbolt then uses a ship to return to the mainland while Lahar stays behind to search for survivors. There might be survivors, after all, because Ben & co could survive Acnologia's attack. But even those 3 can die if they aren't treated soon.

Doranbolt & his men move fast to the mainland while some medic personnel tries to examine Ben & co's condition. It is worse than they thought, especially for Ben. They tell Doranbolt that no one in Magic Council is skilled enough to treat Ben.

It makes Doranbolt frustrated because he can't let them die. He feels very guilty after everything he did and that he couldn't even help them fight Acnologia. So he needs to at least help Ben & co to survive this.

He racks his brain and finally, he remembers something. "Let's go to Magnolia. That person should be able to help them. Prepare the small airship fast! Please make us arrive in time."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 255 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 266 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)