359. Last Meeting

This is not Ben's first time meeting Grandeeney, that's why he said that it's been a while. The first time he met her was when he & Wendy were still in Cait Shelter. Ben was trying to understand Wendy's Sky Dragon Slayer Magic to help her improve it.

After Ben finished his 1-year journey and become an S-Class in Cait Shelter, he met Grandeeney. It was just a coincidence though because at that time, Ben just wanted to guide Wendy on training to raise her magic power which needed him to use his magic power in Wendy's body to help her feel it.

Then suddenly, Grandeeney pulled his mind to a place she used to stay in Wendy's body. Of course, it was a surprise for Ben, but he wasn't too surprised because he has met another Dragon soul before, it's Smog the Heat Dragon.

His first meeting with Grandeeney was short and she didn't talk much too. She just introduced herself, saying that she is grateful to him, asking him to take care of Wendy, talk a little about Dragon Seed, and gave him some knowledge of Sky Dragon Slayer Magic so he would be able to help Wendy.

That was his first and last meeting with Grandeeney before this day. Now, the Grandeeney that he sees isn't just a soul, but a real Dragon. She has left Wendy's body and come here, which means that Wendy won't need her care anymore and the Dragon Seed problem has been solved.

"It seems your plan didn't work well, boy," says Grandeeney with a rather sad tone.

"Yeah, but I fail not because it's a wrong method, it's just incomplete. I just need the last step, but I missed it to do something more important," says Ben.

Grandeeney smiles and says, "I'm glad that you haven't changed at all. You always care of those you cherish and will do your best for them even though you can be cruel to your enemies. But I know you are a kind person in nature."

"Did you come here just to say that? You better use your last energy to talk and spend time with Wendy," says Ben.

"No, you are the one who will spend your time with Wendy. I will disappear soon, but you still have a long time ahead of you. So you should be the one who stays by Wendy's side. You are her brother, aren't you? I have talked with Wendy and it was enough. She has grown very well thanks to you, so I won't be worried about her anymore as long as you're still here. That's why I won't let you leave her, boy. Your task hasn't finished yet," says Grandeeney.

"Well, that's nice for you to say all of that. But I can't stop this Dragonization process," says Ben.

"Then we'll help you, you are not alone," says Grandeeney.

"Huh? How will you stop it?" asks Ben.

"You will know it soon. HEY, BOYS! HURRY UP AND FINISH YOUR BATTLE! WE HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO DO," shouts Grandeeney to the 4 male Dragons in the air.

They want to say that they've done their best already, but they don't dare to say it. If there's a Dragon they never wanted to mess with, then it will be Grandeeney. She really knows how to mess with them and she knows a lot of their secrets which makes them unable to do anything to her.

The male Dragons then continue their battle as Grandeeney uses her magic to halt Ben's Dragonization process. She also heals the other Mages' injuries while taking care of Ben. Her healing magic mastery is on a whole different level from Wendy's.

The battle in the sky continues and the 4 Dragons are starting to push Acnologia back. They've received some buffs from Grandeeney which make them stronger. Acnologia is getting overwhelmed slowly and starting to move back.

"Igneel, we need to finish this now or we won't have any power left to help the boy," says Weisslogia.

"Alright, let's go all-out on this attack," says Igneel before taking a deep breath.

The other 3 Dragons also take a deep breath and so is Acnologia who also sucks a lot of magic power in the air. The 4 Dragons then shoot their Dragons' Roars at the same time as Acnologia. 4 massive magic blasts clashing against a more massive magic blast.

They clash and the shockwave created is very strong. The Mages below almost fly because of it, but Grandeeney blocks the shockwave that hits them. The Dragons' Roars are canceling each other after a while and Acnologia smirks when it happens.

But that smirk turns into a surprise when he sees Igneel suddenly appears in front of him. Igneel tries to bite & hit his body, but Acnologia moves to the right reflexively. He even uses his left hand which is coated by his magic to attack Igneel back.

As a result, Igneel bites & rips Acnologia's left hand. But Acnologia also destroys Igneel's entire left arm using his destructive magic. Both of them received significant injuries, but Igneel's injury is worse because he lost an entire arm while Acnologia only lost half of it.

Acnologia is angry and he really wants to continue this battle until everything is destroyed. But he knows he won't win against all 5 Dragons with his current condition. So he chooses to retreat after roaring and cursing them.

No one chases him though because it will be futile. They aren't in their best condition, so they won't be able to chase him. Besides, they have something more important to do now, saving Ben from Dragonization, or he will be the 2nd Acnologia.

The 4 Dragons land on the ground and Igneel drops Acnologia's ripped left hand which has turned into a human hand because Acnologia was originally a human. His skin is dark, even darker than Ben and it looks like a normal human hand.

"Why are you keeping that hand?" asks Metalicana.

"Well, I thought it could be used on someone," says Igneel while looking at Ben.

"He isn't a puzzle, so you can't just attach a hand to replace the one he lost," says Skiadrum.

"No, it can be done on me, I am unique, after all. And even if it can't, I will find a use for it. Gray, freeze & store it," says Ben while still lying down.

Gray nods and does what Ben asks while the other 4 Dragon Slayers are approaching their Dragon Parents. Of course, these 4 want to know where their foster parents have gone and what happened to them. So it becomes a Q&A session that won't last too long, so Ben just lies below Grandeeney without saying anything.

The Dragons have different backstories with their children. But the reason why they disappeared was the same. They enter their childrens' bodies to stop their Dragon Seed's Dragonization effect. Ben who doesn't receive that treatment has struggled a lot because of it and now he is starting to turn into a Dragon.

They all want to talk more, but their time is limited because they will disappear soon. All 5 of them have gotten their soul taken by Acnologia and was in half-dead states. Living in their foster childrens' bodies has prolonged their lives, but they've reached their limits already.

So before they disappeared, they will do one more thing to make their lives more useful. The 5 of them suddenly turn into streaks of light and enter Ben's body. Ben can feel his body getting hotter and instead of a soothing sensation, he feels crazy pain.

He screams because of the pain and makes his saddened friends worried. They don't know what to do, but then they see the golden scales on Ben's body start to disappear. The draconian features that appeared also return to normal slowly.

More blood comes out of Ben's mouth, 1 nose, and destroyed left hand. But the blood is very dark and almost looks black instead of red. It keeps coming out, so he gets even thinner than before, and it finally stops after all the draconian features disappeared completely and he returned to normal again.

Ben lost consciousness immediately after everything ends. His friends almost thought that he has died, but they are relieved that he is still alive even though he has gotten so weak. Then they all become gloomy and sit around Ben. Too many things were happening that night, after all.
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 394 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 405 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)