278. Surprise

Ben goes back to meet his guildmates who are preparing to return to Magnolia. They return after finishing their business here. The airship flies at a high speed and they arrive on Magnolia in an hour.
There's nothing happened and they all return to their home. The next day, everything goes as usual. Mages are gathering in the guild, taking jobs, training, or just lazying around somewhere.

But Ben isn't training or taking a job today, he goes on a date with Mira. He doesn't even take Bella with them because he just wants to be alone with Mira today. Bella is training with Carla, Wendy, Elfman, and Lisanna.

Ben & Mira walk around the bustling town. This town is very different than 3 years ago. It has developed so much since Ben became Fairy Tail's Guild Master. He has affected the town one way or another.

The Anima plan has affected the whole town because it increases the Ethernano there. It makes the environment a lot better than before. The air & water get fresher, the ground gets more fertile, and the plants, animals, & humans get a lot healthier.

But the biggest change that Ben made is his car company. It increases the town's income while providing them with more employment chances. Almost all the workers in Ben's company are the town locals, that's why the townfolks are happy because he gives them a job while they also put quests for Fairy Tail Mages.

Now, whenever Ben walks around the town, people will greet him happily. They call him Boss, Young Master, Sir Wizard, etc. Some people even still call him Guild Master even though he has retired from that position.

Mira also gets recognized as she is Ben's girlfriend. Many young ladies envy her but they know they can't replace her. Not only she is one of the prettiest women Mages, she has been with Ben for a long time too.

"This doesn't feel like a date at all. Not even the town Mayor will be watched and greeted like this when he walks around. They even give us free stuff and refuse our payment," says Ben.

Mira laughs a little and says, "But it feels nice, isn't it? We are like celebrities. Also, I like this situation because it means that people recognize our hard work."

"Yeah, but this is a date, it's supposed to be just us enjoying our time," says Ben tiredly.

"But we enjoy this, so there's nothing wrong," says Mira.

"Well, that's true, but that's not what I mean. Sigh, anyway, let's go to a restaurant, I am hungry. All their kindnesses are tiring me and making my stomach empty," says Ben.

Mira laughs as they walk to a restaurant. This is the restaurant that they used on their first date when Ben asked Mira to date him. They become regulars here after that because the menus here taste very good.

"Eh, isn't this the table that we used back then?" asks Mira, realizing that their table is the one they used on their first date.

"Ooh, what a coincidence. We never get this table again since that time even though we've come here many times," says Ben.

"Fufufu, it must be a good day," says Mira happily.

"I'm sure it is," says Ben.

They order some food & drinks before talking while waiting for the food to come. Then they eat after their food comes and they really enjoy their time. But suddenly, everything gets dark even though it's still day.

"What happens?" asks Mira with an alerted tone while looking around.

"Calm down, I think they're just closing the curtains and turning off the lamp," says Ben in the dark.

"Really? But why?" asks Mira confusedly.

"Because of this," says Ben while flicking his fingers.

Many dim light spots suddenly appear around them and the other tables have vanished. It looks like they are surrounded by fireflies and it's really beautiful. Mira tries to touch a light spot and she can feel that it's Ben's magic.

So she looks at Ben but he has disappeared from his spot. Then she sees him in the middle of the room with many 'fireflies' around him. The fireflies move and create a path between Ben & Mira while shoving her to move.

Mira smiles as she walks and when she arrives in front of him, Ben kneels. Many fireflies gather on his palm and then they disappear. But they are replaced by a small golden box and Ben opens it, showing the content to Mira.

"Mira, will you marry me?" asks Ben as a pair of silver rings shine inside the box.

Mira closes her mouth with her hands and tears flow down her cheeks. She sees Ben smiling widely before she nods while smiling too. Ben pulls her left hand and puts the smaller silver ring on her middle finger as it is an engagement ring.

She wants to hug him, but she knows she needs to do something first. So Mira takes the bigger ring and does the same to Ben. Only after doing it that Mira jumps to hug Ben tightly while crying happily.

Ben hugs her back and the curtains finally get opened. Many people are clapping while standing around the room. Ben's & Mira's siblings are there too, along with their Guild Mates because Ben has told them his plan.

He asked for their assistance and they were the ones who made this room darkened just now. The fireflies stuff was his magic though. He has prepared this scenario for a long time and this is the best thing that he could come up with.

"It wasn't that good but I hope you like this surprise," says Ben while still hugging Mira.

Mira sniffles while saying, "What do you mean it's not that good? It's the best that I can hope for."

"It's good that you like it," says Ben satisfiedly.

Everyone there congratulates the 2 of them for their engagement. These 2 have been lovebirds for a long time so they are happy that they've gone this far. Many things have happened to them and they can finally be happy for themselves.

They haven't lived for themselves after the Tenrou Island incident. They lived for their siblings & friends while pushing aside their happiness. Now, they can stop that and pursue their own happiness, so everyone who knows their struggle is genuinely happy.

"This is a happy day for many of us, but also a sad day for many girls who get their hearts broken," says Bisca playfully.

"Hmm? Why would they?" asks Ben confusedly.

"Don't act ignorant. I know you know that many girls out there like you. There are even fan clubs that fawn over you. 'The most handsome Wizard Saint', 'The strongest Mage with the most handsome face', etc. If you agreed to become a model back then, you will have more fans than now. Even the top models like the trimen from Blue Pegasus can't match your fame. Sigh, many girls will cry when this news spread," says Bisca.

"You're exaggerating," says Ben.

Ben knows he is quite famous, but not to the extent that Bisca talks about. Bisca sighs at his ignorance and points at the outside of the restaurant. Everyone looks at it and sees many girls are crying while looking at Ben.

It makes Ben speechless because he never knows that it will be this bad. He knows people, especially girls like him, but not to the extent that they'll cry over his engagement like this. The number of the girls is also beyond his expectation.

Ben doesn't say anything for a while before he finally speaks, "They won't kill me, right?"

"I don't know about that, girls can be crazy someti... most of the time," says Laxus with fear in his eyes while trembling.

Ben knows Laxus must've had some bad experience about this, so he doesn't say anything else. He just hopes that he will be fine until the wedding.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 313 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 324 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)