240. Demands

Ben's victory doesn't really make the Magic Council happy. Sure, now they'll have a strong Wizard Saint, but they know they can't control Ben just like Makarov. With Ben becoming a Wizard Saint, Fairy Tail's power won't reduce.

The Magic Council has planned to destroy Fairy Tail by sending Doranbolt to infiltrate Fairy Tail. They never planned to kill anyone in Fairy Tail so what happened on Tenrou Island was truly a tragedy. But they are also quite happy that Fairy Tail gets weakened by that.

However, if Ben becomes a Wizard Saint, Fairy Tail will maintain its power. Even if it's lowered, it won't be dropping too much. Just having a Wizard Saint in a guild is an assurance of that guild's prestige.

"So, what do you think, gentlemen? I've won against all 3 other candidates, so I assume I am the most qualified of all of us here. Too bad that these 3 are too weak even though you've selected them carefully," says Ben while looking at the Council officials with a smirk.

Yajima who sits among the Council officials sighs seeing Ben's behavior. He can just stay quiet and let this event move smoothly. But he chooses to open his mouth and irritates the officials by saying that their choices were bad.

Gran Doma who gets pissed finally says, "Ben Cooper, don't get too full of yourself! You aren't a Wizard Saint yet so you better behave nicely. We are the ones who can decide whether you become a Wizard Saint or not."

"Oho? You won't make me a Wizard Saint now even though I've won the competition that you've set? I don't know the Council is such a liar," says Ben.

An official stands and lashes out, "ABSURD! THE CHAIRMAN JUST WARNS YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE SUCH A BAD BEHAVIOUR. YOU SHOULD REFLECT ON IT INSTEAD OF ACCUSING US. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WE ARE A LIAR ANYWAY?"

"How can I say that? Well, maybe because you've lied to us, to everyone on Ishgar," says Ben with a sharp expression.

Gran Doma asks, "What do you mean?"

"After what happened on Tenrou Island, you spread the news about it. Most of the contents were true, except for the part where you said that you came too late there. How could people who have been there from the beginning be late, right?" asks Ben as he throws a lacrima ball onto Jura.

Jura catches it and without asking, he activates it by flowing his magic into it. Then, above the lacrima ball, a big screen appears. Everyone's attention moves onto the screen which shows something that they've never thought about before.

The screen shows what Doranbolt did on Fairy Tail from before & during the S-Class exam. Ben has gathered his, his clones', Mira's, & Bella's memories about Doranbolt who disguised himself as Mest.

Everything that they've seen nor heard from Doranbolt has been recorded. It includes his confession as a Magic Council member and also his mission in Fairy Tail. He even says about Zeref, surprising those who don't know that Zeref was involved in that incident.

Then the screen shows that the Council's first fleet gets destroyed by Azuma in an instant. Then it shows when the Fairies were fighting against Grimoire Heart and struggling against Acnologia. They did those all by themselves without any help from Magic Council.

The Council members who have come after the first fleet get destroyed were just watching the battle from afar without providing any help. They just watched even though they could reach the island anytime and help the Fairies fighting Grimoire Heart or even Acnologia.

Although it can be understood that they won't have any chance even if they helped the fight against Acnologia, they should still help. At the very least, they needed to help the Fairies escape or attacked from afar. But they just watched without doing anything.

Ben has an angry face as he looks at the Council and says, "You have made some mistakes there. First, you infiltrated our guild and get involved in our internal affair. I don't need to say what's wrong with that because it's already against the rules that you've set yourselves."

The Wizard Saints now also have rather angry expressions as they look at the Council officials. The Magic Council is forbidden from getting involved in Magic Guilds' internal affairs. But they have sent someone to infiltrate Fairy Tail, violating their rules.

Now those who come from Magic Guilds start to think that maybe the Council has sent people to infiltrate their guilds too. Their trust in the Council has plummeted instantly. Trust is difficult to gain but very easy to destroy.

It's bad enough, but Ben hasn't had enough, "2nd, you didn't help with anything even though the enemies were threats to Ishgar. Maybe you won't have any chance against Acnologia, but if it was against Grimoire Heart, you should be strong enough. 3rd, the worst of all. You hide the fact and lie to everyone on Ishgar. I wonder what will happen if I tell this to every Kingdom and Legal Guild. Or maybe, I should make this public."

The Magic Council officials now become the center of attention. They gulp their saliva and clench their fists while gritting their teeth. The officials never thought that Ben has prepared all of this and shown it to everyone here.

However, they are lucky that Ben doesn't just publicize it. If Ben wants, he can just spread it all over Ishgar and the Council will be destroyed. Ben still needs many things from the Council, so he can't just destroy them.

The Council officials except Yajima are looking at Ben with hostility. They are being played by such a young Mage from a Guild that almost gets destroyed. Now they are put in a very difficult situation.

They want to say that the proof is fake but the witnesses here are high-ranking Wizards. The Wizard Saints surely can tell the difference between the fake & real one. Besides, it is too detailed to be a fake.

The Council can't do anything now, so Gran Doma asks Ben, "What do you want?"

Ben smirks and says, "Now we are talking. 1st, make me a Wizard Saint. 2nd, stop meddling in Fairy Tail's or other Legal Guilds' internal affairs. 3rd, 'apologize' to us. 4th, make this competition a yearly event. 5th, I haven't thought about it so I will ask you in the future."

The Council officials have surprised expressions on their faces. They are surprised that Ben's demands are actually reasonable. The 4th makes them confused while the 5th makes them rather pissed though, but those are still reasonable.

"What do you mean by making this competition yearly?" asks Yajima.

"I mean that every year, those who think themselves are strong enough will compete to be a Wizard Saint. They will compete among themselves first until we got a few, let's say 4 strongest candidates. These 4 will be allowed to challenge any Wizard Saint from rank 5 to 10. Challenging the 4 Gods of Ishgar will be too much, after all," says Ben.

"Why do you want to hold such a competition?" asks Jura.

"To find strong Mages and fight them. We never know, maybe there are hidden dragons somewhere out there, stronger than us. Besides, aren't you guys bored because there aren't many who can challenge you?" asks Ben.

Jura doesn't really mind it but some of the Wizard Saints agree with Ben. They all know they need to fight strong opponents to get stronger. But such opponents are difficult to find at their level.

The Wizard Saints agree with it, so the Council can only agree too. They also agree with the other demands because they need to save their faces. With all his demands granted, Ben smirks happily because his plan can start now.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 275 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 286 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)