390. Trapped

3 Alvarez ships are getting closer to a coast on Fiore. Ben got the information about Alvarez's attempt to send some spies first, so he waited here. His informants are very reliable and their information is very accurate.

The 3 ships are moving fast toward Fiore and Ben is getting ready to move before he suddenly gets a call. He sighs deeply before picking up the call that comes from none other than Wolfheim who also waited near the coast with Draculos and Warrod.

"What is it, old man? I'm just about to start having fun," says Ben frustratedly.

"Having fun? What do you mean? Have they appeared?" asks Wolfheim confusedly.

"So you can't see them, huh? I guess their illusion is great, after all," says Ben while looking at the 3 ships.

The ships look very clear in Ben's eyes, but no one else can see them, even the old 3 Gods of Ishgar. It's because the ships are hidden from their sight by high-level illusion. Too bad though, their illusion utilizes Light Magic and no Light Magic can affect the current Ben, so he can see them clearly because Ben is immune to any kind of light alteration.

Ben closes the call and grins, "Well, this will be interesting. Especially if they don't expect any attack now."

Without waiting anymore, Ben flies toward the ships at a very high speed. He crashes onto the one in the middle almost in an instant after he flew. He is so fast that it looks like he teleports there, but the crash is proof that he actually flies instead of teleporting.

The ship is destroyed and everyone is alerted by the sudden crash. Many people on the middle ship are taken out by that crash because the impact was very powerful. Everyone then looks at the culprit who caused that. They look at Ben who stands above the destroyed ship warily.

"Is Zeref really sending you guys to infiltrate Ishgar under my watch? Damn, he's either looking down on me or trusting you too much. But no matter what the case is, I will stop you right here right now," says Ben while grinning.

"Y-YOU ARE... BEN COOPER, 'THE SUN EATER'. W-WHY ARE YOU HERE?" shouts a soldier panickedly.

"Oho? Sun Eater? Is that how you called me in Alvarez? That's a cool name, better than Ishgar's Sun's Child. I guess Zeref has a better naming sense than those old bastards in the council," says Ben while rubbing his chin while smiling after hearing such a cool name.

He is quite pissed though because his informants never told him about this. Maybe it's not that important for them, but it's absolutely important for Ben. Such a cool nickname should be used and spread, after all.

"Well, that's that, it won't change the fact that you all will either sleep in this cold sea forever or behind the cold bars in Ishgar. Don't be too easy though, I came here myself because I have high hopes for Alvarez's soldiers' power," says Ben while smirking.

"We won't disappoint you then," says a man before suddenly the sea freeze at high speed, trapping all the ships.

The ice spreads on the destroyed ship and even climbs Ben's feet until it covers his whole body. But Ben doesn't fight back and just grins as the ice keeps covering him. In the end, he is encased in thick ice while standing on the destroyed sea.

"I-is this it?" asks a soldier.

The man who made that ice shouts angrily, "DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN! WE ARE FACING ISHGAR'S STRONGEST MAGE THAT EVEN THE EMPEROR IS WORRIED OF. SO HURRY UP AND DO WHAT WE'VE PLANNED. MY MAGIC ISN'T AS STRONG AS OUR WINTER GENERAL, SO IT MIGHT BREAK ANYTIME."

All the soldiers scatter to do whatever it is they have planned. A man who stands beside the Ice Mage suddenly throws a lacrima ball at Ben. The lacrima ball breaks and many runes come out of it to stick on Ben's frozen body.