219. Futile Struggle

After getting blasted to the ground, Ben attacks Acnologia again. He flies very fast like a laser toward Acnologia's stomach. Ben kicks with both of his legs as strong as he can but it only pushes Acnologia's stomach a little.

"Damn!" curses Ben as he teleports to avoid Acnologia's slap.

He teleports to Acnologia's back, between the wings. Then he casts a spell immediately before Acnologia can react. A massive red magic circle appears under Ben's feet, on top of Acnologia's back.

"Secret Dragon Slayer Art! 3rd Hell: Heat World!" chants Ben.

The massive magic circle turns into a massive red sphere of heat energy. It is very hot and causes the surrounding area's temperature to rise. The sphere itself has a temperature of 6000 degrees Celcius.

Ben uses it because now he can manipulate Heat better after he received Smog's power. As a Heat Dragon, Smog's power compliments Ben's Heat power too. So now his strongest element is Heat, that's why he uses it now.

He intends to burn Acnologia's body with this heat. This temperature is a little higher than Sun's surface temperature. Normal living beings will immediately die under such heat, but Acnologia isn't normal.

This Heat sphere is still a magic spell and strong magic resistance can defend it. Acnologia's magic resistance and physical durability are beyond ridiculous. This level of power isn't enough to damage his body.

Even though this spell is very strong and hot, it is not strong enough to be used against Acnologia. The heat affects him, but an effect caused by a magic spell can be defended with magic too. That's what Acnologia does, using his strong magic to defend against Ben's spell.

Acnologia covers his wings with magic power then he flaps them strongly. A strong magic tornado appears and destroys the heating sphere from inside. Ben is also forced to get away to avoid Acnologia's attack.

The Black Dragon has destroyed Ben's Heat World easily even though that is one of Ben's strongest spells. He doesn't have a winning chance from the beginning, but now even his survival & escape chances seem to disappear slowly.

Ben can't give up though because his sisters, girlfriend, and friends will die if he fails. He needs to repel Acnologia and makes the Black Dragon leave no matter what. The problem is that Ben doesn't know that his action actually makes Acnologia more interested in him.

While Ben thinks of a way to attack Acnologia again, some magic spells suddenly hit Acnologia's body. They don't affect him, of course, but they surprise Ben because the spells came from his guildmates below.

The Fairy Tail Mages can't just see Ben fight by himself. So they try to help him fight even if it's just a little. This is not only Ben's fight, after all, but it's also their fight too. They need to fight for themselves if they want to survive.

Mira suddenly appears beside Ben with her Satan Soul: Sitri form. She flies beside Ben and tells him that she'll also fight. Her power is far lower than Ben's current power, but that's not a reason to not fight.

"We need to fight for ourselves if we want to survive, right?" asks Mira.

Ben sighs and says, "Just don't die. Make sure to pull out if you think you can't go on."

Ben knows he can't stop them, so the best thing to do is to let them fight but make sure to not let them die. Mira nods and they get ready to fight again. The Mages below also get ready to fight and attack from their spot.

Some of them can fly like Ben & Mira, but none of them are confident they can be fast enough to avoid Acnologia's attack while flying. Mira can fly very fast, so she is confident that she can avoid Acnologia's attacks.