256. Wedding

"Mira, hurry up, we can't be late," calls Ben as he combs his hair.

"Wait a minute, I'm almost done," says Mira from inside her room.

After a while, Mira finally comes out of the room and they go out of the house. Ben, Mira, & Bella are coming out of their house wearing pretty suits & dresses. The suit & dresses have red as their main color and black accents in some locations.

The 3 of them also wear accessories like flowers, watches, hair pins, etc. Mira also put on better makeup today and she also puts some on Bella. They all are dressing themselves a lot more than usual because there is an important event today.

Today, Alzack & Bisca are getting married so they need to dress well. It is a week after Ben returned from Magic Council HQ in Era. Everyone in the guild has been preparing for this since then and now is the wedding date.

Ben, Mira, & Bella go to the cathedral immediately even though it's still early in the morning. As the Guild Master, Ben can't be late when his Guild's members are getting married. This wedding is also a kind of guild event, after all.

When the 3 arrive in front of the cathedral, they can see decorations everywhere. Everyone has worked hard in these last few days to make all of these, after all. They all are very excited to have their members getting married.

The 3 get inside the cathedral but they separate and go to different rooms. Ben goes to meet with Alzack while Mira & Bella go to meet Bisca. They are checking and making sure everything goes well before it starts.

Ben gets inside a room where the groom is getting prepared. There are some people inside who help Alzack prepare himself or just accompany him. Alzack himself is walking back & forth while fidgetting nervously.

"What's wrong, Al? You want to pee?" asks Ben while smirking.

"N-No, I'm just too nervous. What if I mess up later and Bisca hates me," says Alzack worriedly.

"Come on, just relax. It won't happen so don't worry," says Macao, trying to calm Alzack.

"B-But...," says Alzack unsurely.

Ben sighs and grabs Alzack's shoulder, "Your shoulder is very stiff, you are very nervous, huh? I'm sure I will also be nervous if I were in your situation. I don't know if it will help but I have a way to remove your nervousness. Do you want to try it?"

Alzack smiles happily, "Alright, let's try it."

Ben also smiles and he suddenly pinches Alzack's waist. Alzack screams in pain as he tries to release himself from Ben's pinch but it doesn't work. After a while, Ben finally releases his pinch, and Alzack rubs the spot while tearing up.

"See? Your trembling has gone," says Ben.

"It sure is, but now it really hurts," says Alzack.

"Well, the pain will take over the nervousness, so it's not that bad, right? It's just a small price compared to making Bisca happy, isn't it? At least for today, you need to be the one who takes the lead. Bisca was the one who proposed, so today, you need to man up for her. This is your day. You are the main character today, you understand?" asks Ben firmly.

Alzack gets a realization and his expression gets serious as he replies, "Yes, sir!"

"Good, now let's make this the best day in your life," says Ben.

The men then leave the room to get ready because the ceremony will start soon. Alzack is still a little nervous but he is far better than before and he doesn't tremble anymore. The wedding will proceed smoothly as long as he can keep his composure.

After a while, the ceremony finally starts. Many people attend this wedding. There aren't just Fairy Tail Mages but many townfolks also come. They have lived on Magnolia for years so they surely know a lot of people.

The wedding ceremony proceeds smoothly and finishes without a hitch. If there is an unexpected situation, then it would be when Mira caught the flower bouquet that Bisca threw. Everyone is looking at Ben with teasing eyes after that, making him uncomfortable.

After the ceremony, they hold a wedding party in front of the guild. It's a public event so anyone can join it. The Mages have prepared a big stage there, decorated with flowers & other pretty items. There are many tables filled with food & drinks too.

The Guild is sponsoring this party so it becomes quite big. Ben decided to do this because he wanted to show the public that Fairy Tail has come back after having a difficult time. The 3 months mourning period that the guild members have agreed on has passed so they can be more open now.

The public was still under the assumption that Fairy Tail was still grieving their loss, after all. So this wedding is a good chance to show them that Fairy Tail has returned. Ben hopes their job quests will increase again after this.

For the party, they've invited some performers like musicians & dancers. They also have some Mages perform on the stage, showing off their magic. For normal people, a magic show is always entertaining no matter how bad it is.

Ben & Mira also perform on the stage although it's not a magic show. They are singing with Ben's students playing the instruments & Bella dancing in front of them. The songs were Ben's ideas which were songs from Earth.

They sing 'All of Me' by John Legend, 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran, and 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perry. Ben wasn't a musician and never learn music. He is just a normal man who likes to listen to some songs, so he doesn't actually know how to play them.

But he has the invincible AI Chip that can even make the song compositions from his memories. He just needs to follow AI Chip's instructions and it all goes well. The others like those songs so they are very excited to play them.

As for singing, well, there is a magic spell that can help him. This spell is from sound magic and it works like autotune. Ben actually can sing decently but he still uses the spell because he isn't that confident in his singing skill.

Regardless, everyone enjoys their performance. The songs are fresh and good, making them all dance happily. Ben & Mira's chemistry while singing and Bella's cute dance also melt people's hearts.

Al & Bisca also dance on the stage while Ben & Mira sing. This is their party, so they need to enjoy this to the fullest. Ben & Mira also just sing even though they want to dance too. But they hold themselves because this is Al & Bisca's day so they shouldn't take all the attention.

The wedding party ends in the afternoon and everyone is satisfied with it. It has been a long time since Magnolia holds a big event like this. No one in the town has the heart to do it after what happened to Fairy Tail.

The guild is a big benefactor to the town & the people for years. That's why the tragedy that fell upon Fairy Tail is also a tragedy for Magnolia. Sure, the town can still run without Fairy Tail but if something unexpected happens, then it might be destroyed without Fairy Tail's protection.

After the party ends, Ben gives Alzack a special gift. He has booked a VIP room in a luxury hotel for the newlywed couple. It is Ben's personal gift for them because they've been helping him a lot since he became the Guild Master, especially Bisca.

"What's wrong, Mira?" asks Ben while looking at Mira who seems to be daydreaming after they go home.

"Ah!? No, it's nothing," says Mira flusteredly.

Ben pats her head and smiles, "Don't worry, I will make our wedding bigger than this."

"Eh?! T-That's...," Mira blushes and can't continue her words.

Ben doesn't say it directly but he basically says that they will marry in the future. Mira is happy that he has thought about that and that night she gives him a lot of care.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 291 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 302 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)