268. Fairy Heart

"WHAT?! BEN IS THE CURRENT GUILD MASTER?"

The Tenrou Island group gets very surprised when they hear about it. But when they think about Ben's capability and compare it to the others, it really makes sense for them to choose Ben as the Guild Master.

They all then talk about what happened in these 3 years. But then Ben leaves with Makarov & Mavis because they have to talk about other things. Ben takes Makarov & Mavis to the underground room to show them something.

"This is the Anima room. I modified the Anima that I learned from Mystogan in Edolas and applied it here. All these small magic rune formations are the modified Animas. They take Ethernano from another parallel universe of our universe that has abundant Ethernano."

"I've also built rune formations on the guild building and the whole Magnolia town to keep the Ethernano that we take here. We also didn't waste the excess Ethernano. That device in the middle collects the excess Ethernano and creates Lacrima crystal using it," says Ben.

"No wonder I felt the atmosphere in the town & guild was very different. In mere 3 years, you have achieved many great feats that I couldn't achieve. Sigh, it seems I've become too old for this job," says Makarov.

Mavis looks around curiously while inspecting the Anima. "Such complex rune formations. I can't fully understand them, truly amazing."

Makarov gets surprised when he hears Mavis can't understand Ben's Anima. She has a vast knowledge of magic letters and runes so it's very surprising that she can't understand some rune formations.

Well, Ben & AI Chip made Anima's rune formation to be very complex so that no one else can steal it. There are fake runes inserted in the formation which don't have any function too. Their sole purpose is to confuse & fool others.

It seems that they can even fool Mavis, an expert in this field. These fakes look very real, after all, because they connect to the formation, and seem to have a function. The runes also overlapped with each other, making the formation even more difficult to decipher.

"How can the runes overlap with each other but still work? It should be impossible because their function will also overlap, so they won't work as they should be," says Mavis with eyes full of amazement.

Mavis looks at Ben with sparkling eyes, making Ben takes a step back. "I will teach you about it later, for now, I want to show you something else."

Ben goes to the inner wall and touches it before flowing his magic power onto it. Suddenly, circling lines that form into something like a maze glows on the wall. Then a door appears on the wall and it opens.

Makarov gets speechless while Mavis gets even more amazed. They pass the door with Ben carrying the stunned Makarov. This is the room where Mavis's body which is encased inside a crystal is located.

"So you really know about this place. I've had a hunch since you seem to recognize the First Master. But how did you find this place?" asks Makarov.

"I found it by a coincidence when I inspected the guild's building. I felt an empty space with a lot of Ethernano from here. Then I found the old door but I couldn't open it. So I used teleportation and it worked. That's why I replace the defense system of this room so now even teleportation can't be used to enter. But Master, what's all this?" asks Ben.

Makarov ponders for a moment before he asks, "What do you know about all of this?"

"Nothing except that this is the First Master's body and that this is a top-secret," says Ben.

"Alright, I will explain it to you because you are the Guild Master now, so you have the right to know," says Makarov.

"No, I will explain it," says Mavis.

Without waiting for a response, Mavis starts to talk, "This whole object is called as Fairy Heart, also known as Lumen Histoire. It is a source of infinite Magic Power, stemming from a combination of residual Magic Power left in my body due to Ankhseram's Curse and decades of failed experiments by Precht in an attempt to resurrect me."

Ben gets surprised when he hears Ankhseram's curse. He knows about it and how someone can get that curse.

"Did you learn Black Arts?" asks Ben.

"Yes, I tried to resurrect my dead friend, and received the curse because of that," says Mavis.

"So that's why you live as a spirit. Ankhseram's curse makes people immortal, after all. But being separated from your physical body means that you were dead, right? Precht tried to resurrect you, after all," says Ben.

"I don't want to talk about the details, but it happened," says Mavis.

Ben knows she doesn't want to talk about it so he doesn't pursue the matter further.

Makarov then continues, "I don't want to say this in front of the First Master, but you need to know about this. Lumen Histoire is Fairy Tail's 'strongest weapon' and those who know it will try to seize it."

"Ah, because it has infinite magic power," says Ben in realization.

"That's right. One of such people is my son, Laxus's father, Ivan Dreyar. He wants to use Lumen Histoire as a weapon," says Makarov.

"But why did he never attack us to take it?" asks Ben.

"He doesn't know the location, he just knows of its existence. From what I know, he is still amassing power to take Lumen Histoire from us," says Makarov.

Makarov then continues to explain about his son who has built a guild, Raven Tail. Ben gets surprised when Makarov says that he has planted a spy there. Gajeel is the one that Makarov sent as a double agent.

Making Gajeel a double agent is a good move because of his past as Phantom Lord's Mage. He has attacked and fought against Fairy Tail then gets defeated. So normally, he would have resentment toward Fairy Tail.

Ivan saw that as a chance and uses it but Makarov knew that Ivan would make that move and used it back. Having a double agent is risky but Ben chooses to believe Makarov's judgment and leave this matter to him.

"Wow, you are smarter than I thought," says Ben before Makarov punches him with a gigantic hand out of annoyance.

Ben crashes onto the wall but he returns immediately without any injury. "Well, you can't blame me to think like that. After the Tenrou Island incident, I found some spies on our guild. I rooted them and kept making sure that there's no spy here to this day."

"I let them in on purpose. They were fed by fake or just superficial information," says Makarov.

"Oh, that was a good strategy. Wisdom really comes with age," says Ben.

"It is, but young people always have fresh ideas that old people like me never thought of. The guild's development in these 3 years is all thanks to you. It must be very difficult, but you have led everyone to reach a new height. You are a great Guild Master, Ben," says Makarov while smiling.

"Of course, I am," says Ben while nodding narcistly.

Makarov sweatdrops while Mavis is giggling while nodding too. They talk more about the guild's development and Ben's vision for their future. The 2 old Masters give him advice regarding his ideas and their talk becomes a discussion about their guild's future in an instant.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 303 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 314 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)