308. Preliminaries

The Fairy Tail Mages go to a hotel that Ben has booked to rest before the tournament begins. The Event Organizer has prepared a sleeping quarter for every guild, but that is just for the ones that participate. So Ben booked a whole hotel for the other guild members, he has money, after all. This is the power of wealth.

The tournament will start at midnight with the preliminary round as the start. It's still noon now, so Ben takes his family to go around the Royal Capital. He asks his sisters & in-laws, but they refuse and say that he should enjoy the time with his wife & children.

Ben does as they say and walk around the Royal Capital with Mira, Ariel, & Gabriel. Many people recognize them as Fairy Tail Mages and talk about them. But they talk with low voices behind their backs because they don't dare to do it openly.

Still, even with low voices, Ben can hear them clearly with his sensitive ears. He ignores them though because he doesn't care about their trash talk. The best way to shut them up is by showing the result.

Besides, he doesn't want to show something bad to his children by getting angry over trivial things. Getting angry over something like this will be a bad example for his children. He just wants to enjoy his family time too, so there's no need to do something meaningless.

They go around the town and see many things that are new to the children. Well, almost everything is new for 3 y.o kids, so it is exciting for them. They finish their tour when the kids fall asleep and it's almost dark already.

On their way back, they come across someone unexpected. They meet with Sabertooth's Guild Master, Jiemma Orland, in the middle of the street. Ben & Mira just look at him for a moment before walking past him without saying anything.

"Sabertooth is the best Guild, and it will remain that way," says Jiemma all of a sudden.

Ben stops for a moment and says, "Well, if that's what you believed in."

"Tomorrow, Fairy Tail will be destroyed. So enjoy your last happy day," says Jiemma arrogantly.

Ben just smirks hearing that, "I don't know about you, but we always enjoy our days that are full of happiness. You better say those words to yourself. You look like the most unhappy old man in the world, after all."

Without saying another word, Ben leaves Jiemma there. It's too troublesome for them to talk with Jiemma. They just need to wait for the Grand Magic Games to start and prove what they have there.

At night, a few hours before the tournament starts, Fairy Tail holds a meeting. Makarov wants to announce the ones who will participate in this tournament. Everyone is thinking that Makarov will send the S-Class Mages, but he isn't.

"The ones who will participate are Erza Scarlett, Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, Gajeel Redfox, and Lucy Heartfilia. Wendy Marvel will be the reserve member," says Makarov.

Everyone is surprised that the only S-Class Mage in the group is Erza. They all questioned why Makarov doesn't send all the S-Class Mages. So Makarov tells them that he & the S-Classes think that this group is the most ideal.

Ben then also adds, "You guys are strong and we believe that you have the best chance to win. Also, weren't you guys the ones who kept talking about joining this tournament? We are just giving you a chance to shine."

Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, & Erza are giggling shyly when they hear that. But Lucy doesn't think the same, "I-I never said I wanted to join the tournament though. Ca-Can I refuse?"

"You can't, it's the Master's order," says Ben.

"R-right," says Lucy dejectedly.

Wendy is the only one who doesn't react because she can see that something is strange from Ben's expression. She has known him for the longest time, so she knows if he does something. Ben realizes this, so he blinks an eye at Wendy as a signal for her to not say anything.