301. Parenting

Ariel & Gabriel Cooper, Ben & Mira's twin daughter & son have been born. To celebrate his children's birth, Ben throws a big party in the guild a day after their birth. He was planning to throw it in his house, but the others asked him to do it in the guild because they are more used to doing it in the guild.

Ben is playing around with everyone while Mira just sits on a comfortable couch with their babies. But the rowdy party will disturb the babies, so Ben puts a soundproof barrier around the babies. They are now sleeping calmly even though everyone is making a loud noise.

But the babies still wake up every once in a while because of hunger. Mira needs to breastfeed them almost every 2 hours. Bisca has given Mira a cloth to cover her breast & baby that she used when Asuka still needed to be breastfed.

The party will go on until midnight, but Ben & Mira go home before it gets dark. She needs to rest and the babies need many things to be taken care of. They need to take a bath, have their poop cleaned, etc.

The Coopers then sleep with the babies sleep on the same baby box that is big enough for the 2 of them. It is placed right beside Ben & Mira's bed, so they'll be able to do something immediately when the babies need something.

That something comes faster than they thought it would. Not even an hour has passed since they slept, Gabriel suddenly cries. His cry wakes his sister and she also cries, waking up Ben & Mira immediately.

Both of them are hungry, so Mira breastfeeds them together. Ben checks their diapers and luckily they are clean. After the babies are full, they fall asleep immediately, so Ben & Mira can sleep again.

However, just an hour later, they cry again. Ariel is the one who cries first, followed by her brother. She pooed and it makes her feel uncomfortable, so she woke up and cries. Ben cleans her poo while Mira calms Gabriel who just cries because of her sister's cry.

The hellish night continues with the twin waking up almost every hour. Sometimes they just wake up for no reason and start crying. When one of them wakes up g cries, the other will also wake up & cry because of surprise, so Ben & Mira need to calm them down.

It makes Ben & Mira lose a lot of their sleeping time. In the morning, they look very tired even though it's just the 2nd night since the twin was born. The 1st night wasn't this intense, so both of them weren't ready yet.

The other family members show up and they don't look good either. The twin's cries were so loud that they can be heard from all over the house. Even the maids who sleep in their bedrooms located at the back could hear it.

Everyone in that house couldn't sleep well because of the babies cries. The only ones who look happy that morning are the babies. They are looking around curiously while Ben carries them in his arm.

"Where's nee-chan?" asks Elfman with dark skin under his eyes.

"Sleeping. We need more sleep, but someone needs to take care of the babies, so we will take turns," says Ben tiredly too.

"I didn't know that babies can cry that much," says Elfman.

"Granny & Bisca have told us that the babies can cry every hour or even less than an hour. We thought it would be easy because we were used to not sleeping for days when doing jobs. But it's actually more tiring than we thought. The emotional fatigue is bigger than the physical fatigue," says Ben.

"It sure is. Lisanna & the others even need to sleep again after they eat some sandwiches," says Elfman.

"I will place a soundproof barrier to make you all sleep comfortably from now on. So please take care of the babies in the morning while Mira & I catch up on our sleep," says Ben.

"What if they're hungry?" asks Elfman.

"Mira will put her breastmilk in baby bottles and we will put them in the refrigerator. You just need to warm them up using the warming enchantment that I'll place on the bottles. If you need help, ask our oldest maid, Maria. She has some children who have become adults, so she knows what to do," says Ben.

"Uhm, why don't you & nee-chan hire a babysitter? You have a lot of money, after all," asks Elfman.

"We have thought about it, but we want to raise our children ourselves even if it's hard. Also, it is a good chance for you to learn how to raise children. You will have yours eventually, so this is a good learning chance," says Ben.

"That will still be a few years," says Elfman.

"No matter how long it is, you still need to learn. Or do you want Evergreen to raise your children by herself?" asks Ben.

"W-why are you bringing Evergreen to this?" asks Elfman flusteredly.

The babies suddenly cry, so Ben calms them down and checks what they need. He doesn't answer Elfman's question because the babies are his priority. The babies are hungry, so Ben takes 2 bottles from the refrigerator and warms them up using his magic before giving them to his babies.

That day, Ben & Mira just stay in their home to take care of their babies. They only take the babies out to their yards & garden every once in a while. Both of them are still learning to take care of their babies, so they don't dare to walk around the town yet in case their babies need something.

Porlyusica comes every day to check on the babies. Ben has installed teleportation doors that connect her house with his house. He asks her to come every day through the door to check on the babies and teach him & Mira about babysitting. He will pick her up if she doesn't come, so she can only come every day as he requested.

Ben & Mira's super tiring nights continue for a long time. They start to get used to it after 2 weeks, but it still makes them tired. But at least, they can walk around the town with their babies after 2 weeks, so they can get some nice changes of air.

None of them take any job too since their babies were born. They've agreed to not take any job for 3 months for Ben. As for Mira, she won't take any job until the babies can eat baby food, so it will take a rather long time.

Besides, Mira still needs to train first before taking any job. She has stopped training since her pregnancy entered its last trimester, or since it was 6 months old. It's not a full stop, she still did light exercises, but her skills have surely gotten a little rusty because of that.

When the babies become 1 month old, they start trying to flip. Ben, Mira, and their family are very excited to know who will be the first to flip over. Then a week later, they get a winner, it's Ariel who flips first, and the next day, Gabriel also does it.

Ben gets very happy seeing his babies' achievement that he throws a party at the guild. He keeps bragging about it to his guildmates and even the townfolks. It makes people call him the Idiot Doting Dad, but he doesn't mind it.

Ariel & Gabriel grow faster than normal babies. They can even sit at 3 months old and starts crawling shortly after that, while other babies can only do it at around 5 or 6 months. Ben also brags about that and keeps calling his babies genius.

But those genius babies are also the ones who make him 'dead'. They start to talk at 3 months & 2 weeks old, and their first word is the same, it's Mama. That's not a big deal and Ben tried to make them say Papa. However, they never do it even after a week.

Instead, they say 'Nana' while pointing at Lisanna, and 'Lala' while pointing at either Carla or Bella. He is their father and always stays with them, but they call their aunts first before him. He becomes 'dead' since that day which scares everyone.

It only ends when the babies finally say Papa after 2 weeks. He brags again about that and annoys everyone. But they still prefer this than the 'dead' Ben. Ben's days seem perfect from that day until he suddenly gets a job from the Council.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 336 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 347 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)