376. The Sisters

The Grand Magic Games finally started and the format is the same as last year. Each day will start with an event, followed by a battle round. It's a fun format, after all, so they don't change it. They just change the game events to make the tournaments more interesting.

The organizer announces the 1st event's name without explaining it as usual. Bullseye is the name of the 1st event. Just from the name, everyone can guess that it's a game of targets and they need to hit some targets.

They are right because, in this game, each team's representative needs to hit targets that will appea r randomly in the arena. All teams will participate at the same time and compete to get the highest number of target hits. Their ranks will determine their points later.

All 8 teams send their representative and Fairy Tail sends Bella. Ben doesn't participate in the team's decision at all as he is now joining the commentator to comment at the games. All team decisions are made by Wendy as Captain.

"It seems Wendy has the same thinking as me," says Ben while smirking when he sees Bella enters the arena while drinking milk.

"Oh? What do you mean by that?" asks Chapati, the commentator.

"Well, you'll see it soon. I can't reveal a team's secret, after all. But I'm also quite interested in other teams' representatives. I know some of them, so I can say that this will be quite interesting," says Ben.

"Wow, our strongest Mage just said that this will be an interesting match, so it seems we can look forward to it," says Chapati.

Chapati then tells everyone the rules which are quite simple. Magical targets will appear randomly in the arena and when one gets destroyed, another one will appear in a different location. Hitting a target will give them 1 point, so they need to accumulate a lot.

However, they aren't allowed to hit other participants or they'll lose 5 points for each hit. It will be very tricky because they all will keep moving around, so they might hit other participants who run around. And there is a possibility that other participants will try to get hit on purpose to reduce other teams' points.

After the rules are announced, they finally start the game. Many bluish magic plates appear in the arena, they are the targets. They appear from near the ground to high in the sky. The targets just appear all over the place that is still protected by the barrier dome.

But just as when the Mages try to attack the targets, they start moving around at quite a high speed. This is the real challenge of this game because hitting unmoving targets is easy, but targets that move randomly at quite high speed are difficult.

Some participants start panicking while some stay calm and observe the situation first to get a better understanding. Bella is one of the calm participants. She is so calm that she just focuses on finishing her milk rather than trying to observe the targets.

When she finishes her milk, some Mages have already gotten points by hitting the targets. Then she calmly flies quite high in the center position. She looks around and nods confidently before her hands suddenly glow.

Bella then chants with a cute voice, "Requip: Double Gatling!"

A pair of red metallic hand Gatlings appear on Bella's hands. They are her favorite weapons and she always used them. Ben also kept upgrading them and making more, so now Bella has a lot of Gatling guns with different uses.

But she hasn't done yet, she still has a card to reveal. Bella suddenly makes 2 clones of herself that also have the same Gatling Guns. She and her clones are floating midair back-to-back. They raise their hands and are ready to shoot their Gatling Guns.

"Bang!" says Bella cutely.

*RATATATATATA*

The 6-hand Gatling Guns shoot numerous magic bullets. Bella only aims at those in the air to avoid hitting her opponents by mistake. No one else in this event can fly, so she can shoot randomly and will still hit the targets without hitting other people even if she misses.

Her points increase rapidly and she takes the 1st spot in an instant because she's the only one who can shoot that fast. No one else can shoot their magic that rapidly even though they also use Gun Magic. Furthermore, Bella's aiming is good despite using Gatling Guns that have strong recoils.

The others immediately try to hit more targets and some of them are panicking because they are left behind. But those who panicked ended up hitting other participants and lost points. They wanted to get more points, but panicking makes them lose more instead.

In the end, Bella gets the highest point after shooting most targets. She gets hit a few times though by the panicking Mages. But she is fine because none of them use lethal attacks. Also, her real body only gets hit once, her 2 clones took more hits than her, so she is fine.

Bella gets 132 points, and Rufus from Sabertooth gets 86. He could get more if not for Bella. Lyon from Lamia Scale gets 53, Eve from Blue Pegasus gets 5, Nobarly from Quatro Cerberus gets 3, Millianna from Mermaid Heel gets 1 point, Glock from Scarmiglione gets -14 points, while Mirk from Orochi's Fin gets -32 points.

Eve, Nobarly, Millianna, Dora, and Mirk were the ones panicking before. That's why their points are very low compared to the other 3 because they hit the other Mages too often. Mirk from Orochi's Fin especially targetting Lyon.

Orochi's Fin and Lamia Scale are rivals, so Mirk tried to disturb Lyon. He just aimed the targets near Lyon to disturb the Ice Mage. However, he hit Lyon too often because he was panicking to get more points. Luckily, Lyon could protect himself with his Ice Magic, so he could keep attacking the targets while Mirk lost more points.

"Sir Ben, was this the result you were predicting?" asks Chapati after announcing the team points.

"Honestly, no. I thought that Rufus would get more points than my sister. His magic is more suitable for this game and he has a lot of experience. But he made too many mistakes, which was surprising. The ones who were panicking must've affected him and Lyon too, that's why they couldn't get more points. But hey, I am happy to see my sister gets the 1st place," says Ben.

Ben has predicted that Bella would hit a lot and gets a high rank even though she wouldn't get 1st place. But the spectators never thought that she would even get many points. So they are very surprised by the result now.

"Oho, it seems that their mental conditions have affected this game's results. Anyway, with this, we've finally got the 1st game's team points," says Chapati.

Fairy Tail.             : 10 points
Sabertooth            : 8 points
Lamia Scale         : 6 points
Blue Pegasus       : 4 points
Quatro Cerberus  : 3 points
Mermaid Heel      : 2 points
Scarmiglione        : 1 point
Orochi's Fin           : 0 point

Things just get better because, in the battle round, Fairy Tail gets another 10 points through Carla. She is facing Arian from Scarmiglione and wins after a rather long match. Her opponent is strong, but she overcame it with her good strategy.

Arian uses Wire Magic that controls metal wires to attack or defend. It's a stronger version of String Magic, but it uses more magic power. Carla who couldn't find a way to attack decided to deplete Arian's magic power to a rather low level.

She taunted Arian to use more magic power while she reserve hers. It worked well because Arian is very hot-headed and Carla is really good at making this type of people angry because there are many of them in Fairy Tail. So her strategy worked, but she needs time to finish it.

It doesn't matter because she has proved that Fairy Tail doesn't play around in this tournament. Bella & Carla, the sisters have given full points to Fairy Tail on the 1st day. They've just repeated what Fairy Tail B made last year. It's a very good sign.
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 411 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 422 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)