292. Maniac

A lot of identical Beetle Etherious suddenly appear from deep inside the dungeon. Ben can even sense that their magical power is the same. It's as if they are actually one individual, not many like this.

"Don't tell me they have the same power as the ones we defeated before," says Mira while smiling bitterly.

"I think they are, so it will be quite annoying, but it will be easy too because they will have the same weaknesses," says Ben.

"Still, their number is a big problem. There might be thousands of them," says Mira.

"There are just around 350 Beetles or so in that group. This room is too small to accommodate 1000 of them, it is still a problem though. But there might be more behind this group too. Still, I'm more than happy to play around with them. It's like I'm fighting against myself, at a lower level," says Ben while grinning excitedly.

"Maniac," says Mira tiredly.

"You can rest while I fight them," says Ben.

"Alright, please put a barrier around me so they won't attack me," says Mira.

Ben nods and puts a barrier using enchantments around Mira. The barrier is strong enough to block one full-powered attack from Ben, so it should be safe. Ben makes a barrier of this scale so he can go all out in his fight.

"Now, let's dance, bugs!" says Ben while covering his hands & feet with Sun Devil Slayer's red solar element.

The Beetles copy his magic but their solar energy is weaker than Ben's because they themselves are weaker. Ben grins as he rushes toward the Beetle Etheriouses. He clenches his fists as he jumps to the Beetle colony. They also make the same attack as him in a packed formation.

*BOOM*

Both sides' attacks hit each other and creates a big explosion that blew away many Beetles. Ben's attack is still far stronger than these bugs. He kills tens of Beetles with just that one attack. Then he gets ready again because the Beetles are rushing to him without any care for their dead comrades.

The Beetles surround Ben and half of them fly to attack from the air. These Beetles even start to use different spells from the Mages that they've fought in the past. It becomes more interesting and Ben really enjoys this fight now.

He rushes at them and attacks them with his solar energy punches or kicks. The Beetles are using many kinds of attacks, but none of them can land any hit at Ben. He is just too fast because he uses his Light Element to increase his speed.

Each of Ben's attacks is enough to destroy the Beetles' bodies. He would be bored if he could win with just one attack. But there are so many of them that he can keep attacking as they keep coming toward him.

Ben punches a Beetle's chest and destroys it, but another Beetle has appeared behind him. It attacks him from behind and some Beetles also sent attacks from other sides. He grins because he has sensed them and he takes care of them by swiping his solar energy-covered hand in a spear shape to cut them in half.

Then he jumps to avoid another attack from a Beetle. He lands on that Beetle's shoulder and grabs its jaw from above before ripping its head from its body. Ben keeps grinning throughout the battle as green blood splattered on his body.

"Sigh, he's like a kid, playing with bugs and all," says Mira while watching the battle.

The battle goes on for almost half a day because more Beetles keep coming after Ben defeated the previous bunches. Their corpses are stacked in the room, so Ben needs to burn them all with his magic. There are around 5000 Beetles that Ben has fought just now, making him wonder where they came from.