216. Incoming Calamity

Mira looks at Cana awkwardly and says, "C-Cana, I don't know that you like an older man."

"!? I'M NOT!" Cana snaps back.

"I-It's okay, Cana. Loving someone isn't a sin, age is just a number," says Mira.

"LIKE I SAID, I'M NOT! YOU'VE GOT THE WRONG IDEA. HE IS MY FATHER," shouts Cana.

"So you like that kind of play," says Ben.

"WE'RE NOT!" shouts Gildarts & Cana.

Cana then explains that she is Gildarts' biological daughter. But Gildarts himself didn't know that because Cana's mother left him when she was pregnant. He didn't know that she was pregnant, so he never know that he has a daughter.

Cana came to Fairy Tail after her mother passed away a few years ago. She came to find her father but she couldn't tell him the truth after knowing that he was a very strong mage. She thought that she needs to be strong too before telling Gildarts the truth.

"Was that why you put Lucy to sleep and left to find 1st Master's grave?" asks Ben with a serious expression.

"Yeah, I was desperate at that time because I thought I need to be an S-Class this year. But after I found the grave, I finally realized that I was being stupid," says Cana.

Ben clicks his tongue and says, "Tch, you sure are very stupid. I don't know why you thought that you need to be an S-Class just to be his daughter. But you must have your own reason and I won't meddle in it. The problem is that you left your comrade in that dangerous situation."

"How could Lucy protect herself if she is unconscious? And why did you think that we will make someone who left her comrade in danger an S-Class? Furthermore, the exam was being halted, so even if you found the grave, it won't make you pass. Sigh, this makes me crazy," says Ben while covering his pissed face.

Cana looks down and says, "Sorry."

"Ben, Cana has learned her lesson, so please forgive her," says Gildarts.

Again, Ben clicks his tongue and says, "Tch, you are not in a position to ask that. All of this was caused by you, so you are the one who needs to be blamed."

Ben starts to rant and scolds Gildarts who was very irresponsible that it made his wife leave him. Gildarts can't refute Ben's words and can only listen like a kid being scolded by his parents. He sits on his knees while Ben scolds him and the others giggle from the side.

Ben is a family man, so he is very concerned about this. He knows Cana must've felt very lonely for years because she could see her father but couldn't be with him. It reminds him of Wendy who often cried when she missed her dragon parent, Grandeeney.

After venting his emotion, Ben left the lake with Mira to give Cana & Gildarts time to talk. Ben & Mira walks while talking about their previous battles. They also talk about the continuation of this exam and who might be the S-Class Mage if it continues.

While they walk to the camp, Ben suddenly feels something strange. He looks to the left where he feels the source of the strange feeling. It comes from a very far location, but he can feel it coming here, it's a very evil and strong presence.

"What happens, Ben?" asks Mira.

"Something bad is coming here. I don't know what it is but I can feel that it's very bad. Let's return immediately," says Ben.

Ben teleports with Mira to the camp where the others stay. He meets with Makarov and tells the old man about his bad premonition. Laxus who listens to it tells Ben that he also felt it before, that is the reason why he came here.