255. Searching Data

With the Fire God Slayer Magic Book in his hands, Ben can finally start his research to create Sun God Slayer Magic. AI Chip has scanned the book but he still reads it himself. Understanding the book by himself is also important, after all.

The first step in the research is by comparing the Fire God Slayer Magic with Ben's Sun Dragon's & Devil Slayer's fire magic. His fire magic is different from Fire Dragon & Devil Slayer but it is still fire so the principle is the same.

The purpose of comparing them is to find the characteristics of God Slayer Magic. If they know the characteristics, they will know how to make it. By using the characteristics that they find, Ben & AI Chip can make Sun God Slayer Magic from Sun Dragon & Devil Slayer Magic.

All those steps seem easy but it's actually very difficult and time-consuming. With AI Chip's help, the work will finish faster but it still won't finish in an instant. Well, creating new magic can take years so it's normal actually.

But with AI Chip's help, those years will be reduced to months at most. AI Chip has a lot of data and super-fast computing ability that will make the research much faster. Ben even doesn't need to actively participate and works on other things.

"Hmm, it will be good if I can get other types of God Slayer Magic. But they are not candies that I can get just because I want them. Wait! Maybe I should check the Council. Even if they don't have God Slayer Magic books, they should have good magic books. I need to read more magic types too if I want to dispel the magic on Tenrou Island," ponders Ben.

Ben doesn't go to Magic Council's branch by himself, he sends a clone to go there. His Clone Magic has reached high mastery that it won't get dispelled no matter how far apart he & his clones are. They will get weakened as they go further though and still get destroyed if they receive too much damage.

Still, it's not a problem to send a clone because the job is not fighting. The clone's job is just to go there and set up a teleportation door for Ben to cross. He received a residence there after he became a Wizard Saint so he will set up the door in that building.

While the clone is on its way to the Magic Council branch, Ben enjoys his time in Magnolia. He does his job as a Guild Master, checking the airship, working on the God Slayer Magic, nurturing their young Mages, and having fun with Bella & Mira.

2 days later, the teleportation door finally is set on his Wizard Saint residence. He immediately goes there and goes to the Council building. He asks for permission to use the Council's library and get it easily.

The library is actually in Magic Council's HQ in Era. It will take a long time to go there but Ben can go there in an instant using the Council's teleportation device. As a Wizard Saint, Ben can use it freely.

He immediately goes to the library and starts to read the books there. To make it faster, Ben makes clones and they all use the best Gale-Force Reading Glasses. Their reading speed is very fast and makes other people's jaws drop.

The number of books here is less than the ones in Magic Library. But it has books from other continents, Nations, and newly created Magic. Surely there aren't too many of them but they are enough to make Ben very excited.

However, there are still many books that Ben has read in Magic Library or other places, so he skips them. Still, from the list of books in this library, they don't seem to have any God Slayer Magic book. Well, something like that won't be placed in a library that can be accessed by other people.

'If someone has a God Slayer Magic Book, I'm sure they will keep it for themselves. They might try to learn it themselves or teach it to their disciples. Hmm, the ones that might have it must be high-ranking people. It's a gamble but I think I will spy on those people,' thinks Ben.

When the night comes, Ben leaves the library and goes to his residence in Era. Wizard Saints have a residence in each Council's branch in every Nation. Their residences in Era are even bigger than the ones on the branches because it is used more often.

Ben sets up a teleportation door too in this residence. Then he makes 7 clones and sends them to spy on the high-ranking officers. He doesn't spy on the 4 Gods of Ishgar though because it is too dangerous.

Besides, he doesn't know where they are because their whereabouts are confidential. He also doubts that he can spy on them with his current abilities. If they find out about his spying, then Fairy Tail might be put in danger.

So for now, Ben will just go for the high-ranking officials of the Magic Council. They are also Mages and have sufficient power. But they are still lacking compared to Wizard Saints in terms of power so it won't be hard to spy on them.

For the next days, Ben keeps his routine to read in the library while spying on the Council's high-ranking officials. His clones use transformation magic to become small creatures like rats & bugs to make their job easier.

At night, Ben will return to Magnolia through his teleportation door and spends his night with Mira. They still need to hide their nightly activity from Bella though. It is very difficult because Bella always wants to sleep with them.

Luckily, they can hide it smoothly and never get caught by her. So their days went by normally without many problems. The guild also works nicely and everyone keeps getting stronger, making their job completion ratio increase.

After more than 3 months, Ben finally finishes reading the books in the Magic Council's library. It would be much faster if he used his clones to help. But they were on espionage missions and couldn't help him read, so he read alone.

Ben is happy that he finishes reading the books in the library. But he still can't find anyone who has information about God Slayer Magic. He gets some interesting info like someone's cheating on his wife though.

"Sigh, I guess I'll give up. AI Chip has started to build the Sun God Slayer Magic after finding the characteristics last month. I hope it will be fine with all the new data we get from the library. The airship parts will also finish soon so I can't keep dwelling on this. We will also have a big event next week so I need to prepare for it," says Ben as he goes back to his residence.

Ben wants to recall his clones but suddenly one of them calls him first. His tired expression turns into an excited one in an instant. The clone tells him that someone has the book of Wind God Slayer Magic.

After knowing it, Ben immediately makes a plan. He executed his plan at night and infiltrate his target's place. His target is the current Chairman of Magic Council, Gran Doma. Ben doesn't know where the old man gets the book but he is thankful for it.

Ben transforms into a cockroach and infiltrates Gran Doma's house. He breaks through many defense systems without any problem and none of them get activated. AI Chip's ability is very useful at times like this.

He finds the book in a secret case after searching it for hours. Ben immediately scans it using AI Chip and returns it to its place after he finished. He doesn't steal it because he only needs the data inside the book.

Besides, even if he steals it, he can't teach it to anyone because then they will know that he is the one who stole the book and he will be a wanted man. It's too much trouble just for getting the data inside the book so he doesn't steal it.

Ben smiles as he leaves Gran Doma's place, 'Nice, now the creation of Sun God Slayer Magic will run smoother.'
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 290 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 301 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)