224. Healing

"No, we can't take him outside. He needs this rune formation to stabilize his condition," says Porlyusica after Mira asked to take Ben outside.

"Grandma, you know that Ben is a Sun Dragon Slayer, right?" asks Mira.

"I know. So what? Doesn't that just mean he can eat Sun's elements? He is unconscious right now, so he can't eat anything," says Porlyusica.

"No, it's not just that. I don't know if other Dragon Slayers have this trait, but Ben can absorb solar energy even without eating it. He just needs to bask himself in sunlight to absorb its energy. The absorption rate is very low compared to when he eats it, but it's still quite fast," says Mira.

"Sunlight heals," says Bella to remind Mira.

"Yeah, Ben has told me about that. In the past when he was still far weaker than now, Ben was injured badly after fighting a demon. He was getting treated in a hospital. It was then that he found out about this ability. During the day, his wounds recovered fast and at night they recovered very slowly. He assumed that it was because of the sunlight that shone through the windows," says Mira.

Porlyusica thinks about it for a while before she sighs and agrees. She has done her best to heal Ben but his condition doesn't improve much. She almost give up because nothing she did work and it tired her.

Now Mira & Bella told her that there is a way to heal Ben. So she decides to give it a shot and see if it will work. She doesn't have another way, after all. If sunlight can heal Ben, then she needs to use it.

"Alright, but we'll take him inside immediately if it doesn't work," says Porlyusica.

Mira nods and then they take Ben outside using a stretcher. They move him slowly and carefully as they go to the backyard. They put the stretcher down where the sunlight shines brightly and they move aside.

Porlyusica watches intensely to see any change in Ben's condition. Mira & Bella also watch with anticipation. They all hope that it will work even though Porlyusica is a bit skeptical about it.

Very slowly, they see Ben's skin color gets better and starts to return to normal. The solar energy that Ben absorbed isn't much and can only heal him that fast with his current condition. It is a very slow process but it's very fast compared to his progress these days.

Porlyusica is very surprised to see that it really works. She never thought that sunlight can be the best medicine for someone. But she also knows that it only works for Ben. Still, she wants to try researching it to find out if it can be used to heal others.

While Ben is basking in sunlight, the 3 talk to each other. Well, it's not really a talk, but Mira & Bella pouring their emotions. Porlyusica just listens to them without interrupting them.

She knows that they just need someone by their side who will listen to them now. Losing those who are close to you isn't an easy thing to accept for anyone. Even the evilest person can cry if they lose their loved ones.

They stay like that until the day ends. As the day darkens, the sunlight disappears. Ben won't get any solar energy again today, so they take him inside. They take him to his room that has rune formation again.

"Taking him outside & inside every day doesn't seem good. I think we need to make the sunlight enters his room rather than take him outside," says Porlyusica.

"But he won't get the sunlight all day if we do that. Even if we make some windows on the wall, this room will only get sunlight during the morning when the sun is still in the east. It won't enter after that because the rooms above and on the west will block it," says Mira.

"I never say that we will use this room. We will make a room made of glasses on top of this tree," says Porlyusica.

Mira is surprised while Bella is confused because she can't imagine it.

"How will we build it?" asks Mira.

"I don't know. Just ask those guys in the guild and they will think about it. At least this will make them have something to do. Those guys haven't done anything useful these days, after all," says Porlyusica scornfully.

Mira just laughs wryly because she can imagine them just drinking in the guild all day without doing any work. But she also knows that they are very shocked by this incident and aren't in the mood to do any work.

The next day, Porlyusica calls the Mages in the guild and tells them about the plan to build the glass room for Ben. She doesn't ask them but orders them, so they don't have any right to refuse. Well, they won't refuse because it's for Ben's recovery, but they don't know how to build it.

Ben's 11 disciples tell the others that they will find a way and immediately go for it. They go to every craftsman in Magnolia to find the one who can make it. As for the fee, everyone in the guild agrees to use the guild's fund, so they don't need to worry.

But it's not easy to find a craftsman who can do it because it is quite difficult to build the room on a tree. The 11 of them need to go around all day before they can find someone who can do it. It's an old man who has almost retired from his job as a builder.

The old man starts to work the next day with his 2 sons. Their job is good and fast even though the location is difficult. They need to build the glass room high above the tree so that sunlight will shine on it all day.

The hardest part is actually to make the strong pillars that will hold the glass room above. This is the thing that other craftsmen can't make. But the old man & his sons can build it in less than a day, they are really good.

They finally finish just in 3 days even though there are only 3 of them. The glass room is shaped like a dome with 1 main pillar and 4 other pillars to support it. There are stairs with a roof to connect the room with the treehouse.

The Mages immediately take Ben to the glass room. Porlyusica has built a rune formation to stabilize Ben's condition during the night. He still needs it because he is still very weak even though he has improved in these last 3 days.

Now, they can only wait for Ben to recover with the help of solar energy. Porlyusica predicts that he will recover in 2 or 3 months at most with his current healing speed. It can even be faster or slower because she doesn't fully know how this healing works.

"You sure he will recover, right?" asks Macao.

"He will. So do some work and stop lazying around like what you've done these days!" says Porlyusica while chasing them away with her broom.

The Mages run back to Magnolia because of the broom attack. They are relieved after knowing that Ben will recover. But they still don't know if they'll do any work soon. They've become very lazy after they don't do anything for days.

In the treehouse, Porlyusica is preparing Mira's & Bella's medicine. They still aren't fully recovered and still need medicine now. She takes the medicine to the new glass room where Mira & Bella are. They always stay by Ben's side these days.

Mira & Bella help Porlyusica to take care of Ben even if it's just a little. They take care of his daily need like cleaning his body or changing clothes. His metabolism has started to return to normal, so he needs extra care while he hasn't woken up.

Both of them keep doing it every day while Porlyusica keeps checking Ben's progress. He starts to improve faster as his condition gets better. Then, a month since he stayed in the glass room, Ben opens his eyes.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 259 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 270 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)