327. Dragon Graveyard

Gajeel leads the 1st Generation Dragon Slayers to Domus Flau's underground room where he fell before. It's quite deep and not many people have entered this place. Even Ben never went here as he never bothered to do it.

Lucy, Gray, & the Exceeds also join them because they are curious. The other guild members aren't too interested in this, so they stay behind. Ben's kids wanted to join, but Mira stopped them because it was their time to sleep.

Sometime later, they finally arrive, and to their surprise, there are many Dragon Bones here. Natsu wonders if their Dragon parents are here too. But Gajeel thinks it's impossible because these Dragons seem to have died a long time ago.

Ben doesn't join their conversations and just walks around with Bella. Unlike them, he never met his Dragon, so he doesn't have any attachment, and never has a reason to find Escanor. Also, he knew from Quorra that Escanor has died, and nothing was left from the Sun Dragon.

He checks the Dragon bones and touches them one by one. Others will think that he is just curious, but Ben is actually trying to feel the Dragons' left-over magic. They've died hundreds of years ago, but Dragons are strong magical creatures, so there should be magic residue in their bones.

His assumption is correct as he can feel slight magic power in the bones. Their magic power is very weak, but he can at least tell their types of magic. It doesn't seem much, but by feeling Dragons' magic power, he can understand more of Dragon Slayer Magic.

As he goes around, he suddenly feels the surrounding's magic power increase. He looks at the source and sees Wendy uses a spell to call a Dragon's soul. It's a spell named Milky Way that was given by Grandeeney through Porlyusica who is the Sky Dragon's Edolas counterpart.

The Dragon soul that Wendy called is a Dragon with a greenish color.  Ben sees the Dragon soul trying to intimidate the others, but he doesn't do anything. He just stays in the dark and watches as he knows everything will be fine.

This Dragon soul can't do anything to them because it doesn't have any power, unlike Atlas Flame. This Dragon is also called by Wendy using a spell to simply has a conversation. So Ben stays behind to observe this Dragon Soul.

The Dragon introduced himself as Zirconis, the Emerald Dragon. He has a rather irritating personality, especially toward humans. Zirconis was a Dragon who went into war against humans in the era of Dragons, so he hates humans.

He also looks down on humans and even tries to eat Wendy who calls him. Natsu & co are startled by it and tries to attack him. Zirconis also tries to attack them, but none of them can touch each other.

Ben just sighs because he knew this would happen. The Dragon was just playing with them who don't know that his spirit can't touch physical matters like living beings. But even if they can't touch each other, Ben still can feel the power inside Zirconis's soul, which can give him valuable data.

Ben just watches as Zirconis teases the others before finally teaching them history. It's basically the same as what Ben heard from Smog the Heat Dragon. Zirconis tells them about the war between humans & Dragons, then how some Dragons support humans, making the Dragons split.

Then he also tells them about Acnologia, a man who became a Dragon after killing numerous Dragons in the past. All Dragons that were buried in this place were killed by Acnologia. Acnologia became the Dragon King and then Dragon King Festival was created, which now becomes Grand Magic Games.

Not long after telling that story, Zirconis's soul vanishes and returns to the spirit world. The Dragon Slayers mull over the information they've just got. They wonder if they will become Dragons too. Ben never told this to them because they will be too worried about it.