263. Title Match

Ellie has won the tournament and receives quite a lot of money. She is happy about that but she is happier by the chance to challenge a Wizard Saint for the title. 3 days after the final, the title match finally come.

Ellie hasn't announced who she'll challenge for the title match. It's not because she wants to delay it, she just follows the rule. Ben made this rule to make the title match more interesting because the chosen Wizard Saint won't have any time to prepare.

People even bet on who will she choose and Ben has the highest odds with Jura being 2nd. Ellie finally chooses a Wizard Saint that she will fight just before the match. Surprisingly, she doesn't choose Ben or Jura, and it makes Ben very disappointed.

'Damn, I proposed this tournament so I can fight someone strong but she doesn't choose me, goddammit. She doesn't choose Jura either but the man who became a Wizard Saint after I refused this position in the past,' thinks Ben.

Ben ponders why Ellie chooses this guy out of all Wizard Saints. He checks their official data and finds out that both of them are from the same Nation. They are from The Land of Isvan which is located far from Fiore.

"Hmm, they are from the same Nation so they might've met before. Sigh, maybe she has a grudge against him or something. Well, whatever," says Ben.

The Wizard Saint that gets chosen doesn't have any choice but to come to Fiore. He uses the Council's teleportation device which takes some minutes to get activated. The teleportation is connected to the device that Fiore's Council branch set in the Royal Capital.

After waiting for some time, the man finally arrives at the arena. Ben's guess seems to be right because Ellie shows a sign of hostility toward the man. The man, Mike, also seems to be hostile toward Ellie.

Ben doesn't really care though because it's not his problem. He just wants this to end soon now that he doesn't get challenged. At least he gets good data throughout this tournament so it's not that bad for him.

'Too bad though, no one uses Law. I really need it right now but the data from all Libraries that I've explored is limited. The data is enough but I'll reach my goal faster if I have more data,' thinks Ben regretfully.

Anyway, the match starts soon and it's more intense than the final. Mike uses Lost Magic, Art of Paint. This magic allows him to turn everything he draws into real things as long as he has sufficient Magic Power.

'It's similar to Arc of Embodiment but Art of Paint needs a picture drawn by its user. This is not a good magic for those who can't draw,' thinks Ben.

While he is disappointed that he can't fight in the title match, Ben is very curious about Art of Paint. It's a powerful magic that can create everything as long as the user can draw it and has sufficient magic power, after all.

Mike can draw really fast using a magical pen to draw in the air. He draws magical beasts and also some magic attacks of different elements. All his creations are very powerful, much stronger than what Rustyrose made.

'This guy is levels above Rustyrose in magic power nor imagination. That Rustyrose guy is not so smart at using his overpower magic. But this guy is smarter at using his magic. Still, it's not enough to defeat Ellie who has grown a lot in this tournament,' thinks Ben.

Ellie cuts everything that Mike made easily. She could even cut space in the final match against Matt. So cutting some beasts and magic attacks is easy for the current her.

The problem is she can't land a hit on Mike because he flies around on a very fast white wyvern that he created. He flies around while drawing beasts and elemental attacks. It seems his specialties are beasts and elements.

Ellie can't fly so she can't chase Mike. She can only attack from the ground using ling range Cut Magic attacks. But her attacks aren't fast so Mike can dodge them by riding his fast wyvern.

The battle gets into a stalemate with both of them unable to land any attack. All of Mike's attacks have been destroyed by Ellie's Cut Magic. Even when Mike created strong beasts and magic attacks, she could destroy them rather easily.

Their battle keeps going on like that for an hour, making the audience bored. But then something incredible happens. Ellie suddenly stops moving and attacking, making everyone confuses.

Mike's beasts and magic attacks are coming toward Ellie, but she just stands in her position. She sheaths her sword and then spreads her arms while pouring magic power into her arms. A moment later, she claps her hands and a shocking scene happens.

Countless sharp magical slashes appear all over the arena, literally everywhere. They appear from right above the ground to the upper boundary of the barrier that Ben made. After they appear, the slashes fly around, cutting everything in their paths.

Of course, Mike & his magic get slashed too without any room to dodge. In an instant, the battle turns around, and Mike who was leading the battle suddenly loses. Ellie has cut Mike into several parts, rendering him unable to fight anymore.

Everyone is confused about what happened, including Ben. He knew that Ellie has something up her sleeve but he doesn't know how she did this attack. His knowledge of Cut Magic is limited to what he saw in this tournament, after all.

'It must be her ultimate spell. But the fact that she didn't use it earlier means that it needs time and preparations to activate. Whatever, I will try to learn what she used in the future. For now, let's finish this tournament. Too bad that I can't find the magic that I looked for. But I still get valuable data,' thinks Ben.

Jura announces the winner and asks the other Wizard Saints about the result. No one object to it and they agree to appoint Ellie as the new Wizard Saint, replacing Mike. Ellie is stronger, so she has the right to be the Wizard Saint instead of Mike.

Mike will surely hold a grudge, but it's not their problem. He can try to take his position again next year if he wants. That is if he can surpass the growth of the other Wizard Saints.

With Mike's loss, the other Wizard Saints will get alerted. They'll realize that their positions can be taken from them through this tournament. So they will train and improve themselves in the next 1 year to prepare for the next tournament.

Ben is satisfied with this result because he knows that a tragedy like what happened on Tenrou Island can happen again. He doesn't know when Acnologia will appear again so he needs strong allies to help him before he becomes strong enough to face Acnologia.

'I need to surpass even Serena if I want to face Acnologia by myself. That bastard is super strong. I'm not sure that even the combination of all 10 Wizard Saints' power will be enough to defeat him.'

'Also, if AI Chip's analysis is correct, then he will be immune to all Magic except Dragon Slayer Magic. When he attacked, only me, Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, and Laxus could damage him albeit slightly. Maybe God Slayer Magic can injure him too because it's of higher rank.'

'So among all Wizard Saints, only Serena & I can fight him. But Serena's personality is known to be shit, so I don't want to work together with him. That's why I will just improve myself to an unimaginable height so I can fight Acnologia by myself. But it will take time so I need the others to be strong in that period,' thinks Ben.

Ben's goal is difficult to accomplish but he will do everything he can to reach it. This is just a step of many steps that he'll take. As for the other steps, he is preparing them all and he swears that he'll succeed.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 298 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 309 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)