357. Against The King

Ben's battle against Acnologia continues and it becomes a real spectacle now. They are exchanging attack after attack that shakes their surroundings. The power boost that Ben gets has increased his chance against Acnologia.

Acnologia has difficulties trying to hit Ben who moves around so fast. None of his magical or physical attacks hit Ben because he can't match Ben's speed. He can sense Ben's magic power, but he can't follow Ben's movements that look like flashes to him.

On another hand, Ben has difficulties dealing damage on Acnologia. His attacks always land on the Black Dragon, but he can't deal enough damage. Acnologia's magic resistance is very high, so even Ben's strong attacks don't give significant damage to Acnologia.

But instead of increasing his power, Ben is reducing it now. He just focuses on attacking as much and as fast as possible. Ben is trying to find Acnologia's weaknesses using these weak attacks.

He is throwing baseball-sized sun balls while moving around Acnologia. The sun balls explode upon contact and they are strong enough to gravely injure most Mages. But for Acnologia, they are just annoying attacks.

Even so, he still gets damaged no matter how small it is. The damage isn't significant, but he still receives it. Also, as he receives more attacks, the damage is stacking and it gives Ben the opportunity to find his weaknesses.

While the clash goes on, 2 individuals arrive on the cube below the battle of the 2 monsters. Gajeel & Lily arrive after they stupidly joined the airship on its way to Magnolia. They didn't realize that the other Dragon Slayers stayed behind, so they went back and have just arrived.

"SALAMANDER, HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE ME THERE? YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME IF YOU WERE STAYING," shouts Gajeel angrily, but no one answers him.

"Oi, are you okay?" asks Gajeel worriedly.

"...zing," says Natsu weakly.

"Huh? What are you-?" asks Gajeel.

"Amazing, he is very different from the last time we saw him. How could a human has that much power?" asks Sting.

"Is that power even possible to achieve?" asks Rogue too.

"It is possible, that's what Ben always said. If you want to know, then ask him. He will teach you everything you need to become that strong. But I'll tell you first that so far, no one can follow his way to get strong. Everyone gave up in a rather short time. Even Erza could only last for a month. All of us could only do the training that has been toned down many times," says Gray while still watching the fight in the sky.

"You will think that you'd die every time you train, since the first day," says Gajeel who now also watches the fight.

"That much?" asks Sting in surprise.

"Yeah, that much. Anyway, why're you guys just watching and not helping him instead?" asks Gajeel.

"Do you think we can even get into that?" asks Gray.

Gajeel looks for a moment before saying, "No, we will just disrupt him."

"That's right. But we need to stay vigilant all the time. Ben said that he isn't confident he could protect us, so we need to protect ourselves," says Gray.

"What about the fight? Has he said anything about his winning chance?" asks Gajeel.

"No, but from his expression, he isn't confident to win this battle," says Gray with a serious expression.

"That's not unexpected. Then we need to be ready to help anytime," says Gajeel.

They continue to watch the battle that can crush them anytime if they enter the fray.