318. MPF

With Erza killing all monsters in Pandemonium, the other contestants don't have any monsters to fight anymore. So the organizer decides to make another game to decide the rank. They will decide the rank by measuring their attacks' magic power.

The organizer places a tool made of a big lacrima ball. It will measure their attacks' magic power named Magic Power Finder or MPF. The Mages will attack it and it will measure the magic power of their spells.

Milliana of Mermaid Heel goes first and she scores 365 points. It's a good score based on Lahar, a Magic Council officer who joins as a commentator. That score is as high as a Squad Captain of Magic Council's Rune Knights.

Nobarly of Quatro Cerberus comes up next and scores 125 points. Hibiki of Blue Pegasus comes up next and scores a whopping 95 points. Next, Glock of Scarmiglione scores 58 points, which makes Hibiki a little happy.

That happiness is short as Orga of Sabertooth scores 3825 points using his Lightning God Slayer Magic. It shocks the crowd and Lahar comments that he never saw a score that high. Getting a score higher than 1000 is very difficult, after all.

But the one who comes up next is Jura who walks forward and says, "Such a high score. Then I think I need to be serious too. Well, I can only be serious considering who comes up after me." He says that while peeking at Ben who is still playing with his Nikora.

Everyone sweatdrops at that sight and Jura just sighs because Ben is still not taking this seriously at all. Jura then uses the same Magic that he used on Ben during their battle before getting defeated. His attack surprises everyone as he scores 9362 points.

It might be lower if his magic didn't get improved by Ben. But it might just be lower by around 1000 points at most. It would still defeat the other contestants though. Still, Jura isn't happy about it because the one who will come up next is Ben.

Ben walks forward and puts Dio, his yellow Nikora in front of him. "Hey, do you want to try attacking it, Little Guy?"

"Pyu?" asks Dio confusedly.

"Come on, it will be fine. Raise your hands to the front," says Ben.

Dio is still confused, but he still raises his hands in front of him toward the MPF. Everyone then gets speechless when they see a small golden magic circle appears in front of the Nikora. It rotates before forming a small golden ball the size of a golf ball.

Ben is the one who makes it though, but Dio seems very excited and his eyes are glittering. Then he says "Pyu!" which no one understands what he means. But maybe it means "Fire!" because the golden ball suddenly flies toward the MPF device.

It flies slowly though as if a kindergartener is the one who throws it. But when it hits the MPF, it doesn't look like a kindergartener attack. The small golden ball creates a massive explosion that shocks everyone and even makes Dio flies back, so Ben catches him.

Dio is in shock as he watches the explosion, just like the crowd. The MPF then shows a surprising number of 9363 points. It's just 1 point higher than Jura's attack which makes everyone even quieter now.

For untrained eyes, it seems like Ben gets that number by luck, and his attack was as strong as Jura's. But the experienced Mages know that Ben purposedly made his attack to get that number. Jura is smiling bitterly at that feat because it feels like Ben is playing around.

Although he knows that to get such a precise number is utterly difficult. He needed to gauge Jura's attack power precisely using his sense, which shows how monstrous his magic sense is. Then he needed to make an attack that was just a bit stronger than Jura's attack which shows how monstrous his magic control is.