342. Burdens

Ben creates a pair of wide dark purple magic circles above & below Zirconis's body. Then Zirconis feels its body getting much heavier and it can't move. Ben is using his Gravity Magic to seal Zirconis's movements.

"You still have some uses left, so I won't kill you right now. Just stay still and it will be over in no time," says Ben before flying away.

Zirconis can't even talk back because the strong Gravity magic even prevents its mouth to move. But deep down, the Dragon is angry and frustrated that a human managed to defeat it. It wanted to fight till the end for its pride, but it can't move.

Ben has predicted that, that's why he used that Gravity Magic before leaving Zirconis. There are still 2 more Dragons that need to be taken care of. They are still very much fine, so he needs to defeat them too.

He targets the easier target first, the Scissor Runner that fights the Dragon Slayers. They fight it together and succeeded to inflict some damage on it. But they are still far from defeating the Dragon that already get injured by Ben's Countless Stars before.

"Laxus, time's up, leave this place, I'll take care of this," says Ben.

"Ben! We still can do it," says Gajeel rather desperately because he still wants to fight.

But Wendy left right after Ben asked. She never questioned her big brother when it comes to important things like this.

"No, you guys aren't ready yet. Leave! It's an order," says Ben while looking at them seriously.

Laxus is also quite bitter about the retreat order, but he knows that they won't win this battle. So he grabs Gajeel's back collar and leaves too. Sting, Rogue, & Cobra also leave after the other 3 Dragon Slayers left.

All 6 Dragon Slayers are feeling bitter right now because they are unable to defeat a single Dragon even though they fought it together. Even Sting & Rogue who claimed to have killed their Dragon Parents couldn't damage the Dragon that much.

But well, the fact that people don't know was that they didn't kill their Dragon Parents with their own power. They were simply helping their Dragon Parents kill themselves. So their Dragon Parents asked the 2 to kill them and enhanced their growth as Dragon Slayers.

Ben will laugh if he hears this because their growth isn't that great even after killing their Dragon Parents. They should at least be half as strong as a Dragon right now, but that's not the case. So it's either they remember it wrong, or their Dragon Parents did something to them.

But it doesn't matter now because defeating the remaining 2 Dragons is more important. Ben faces Scissor Runner that looks at him quite warily. It has seen 2 of its kin get defeated and one of them even died. So there's no way it won't be wary of Ben.

"Don't be scared. It makes Dragons look weak," says Ben.

Scissor Runner gets triggered by that and it roars at Ben before flying at high speed toward him. This Dragon is much faster than the other Dragons here. But it is still slower than Ben who can evade its fast claw attack easily.

When Ben evades, Scissor Runner turns around agilely and aims its scissor at him. A pair of sharp purple energy blades come out of the scissor blades. They look like curved scissors and fly at a very fast speed toward Ben.

Ben is surprised at the blades' speed which can catch him by surprise. This is the fastest attack that Ben ever faced in his life. He fails to evade the blades and gets hit by them which makes him get slammed to the ground.

The blades cut some buildings and also the ground. But Ben is standing on the ground with his arms crossed above his head. There's only a small cut on his forearms that gets healed in a short time.