360. Recover

A week after the wars against Tartaros & Acnologia, Ben finally opens his eyes. He finds himself in a familiar room he hasn't visited for 7 years. It's the special treatment room in Porlyusica's house that looks like a small dome greenhouse.

Ben looks around and sees an IV drip being used on him. Then on his right, he sees a  white-haired woman sleeping with her head on the bed. He smiles and looks around again, but no one else is there now.

So Ben checks his body now and everything has returned to normal except for his left hand. He has lost his left hand completely, but it doesn't make him mad or regret his choice. His & his friends' lives are worth more than a mere left hand.

Other than the missing left hand, his body is fine if his still skinny body isn't counted. His ripped skin has been fully healed because of his great vitality and self-healing power. Too bad that his self-healing power isn't regeneration, so he can't regrow his left hand.

That's not a problem though because now Ben's biggest concern is the Dragonization. He checks the Evil Dragon God Lacrima immediately to see if there's any change. He can't remember it well, but the 5 Dragons did something before he lost consciousness.

'Hmm? The shape doesn't change, but it looks a little bigger and shines brighter now. It also feels.... alive,' thinks Ben while looking at the lacrima's reflection in his mindscape.

[Sun Evil Dragon God lacrima has been perfected as a result of a magic transfer by 5 Dragons. All 5 Dragons have transferred their last magic power, soul, and life forces to stop the Dragonization process. The risk of transformation into the 3 magical creatures has been removed completely too as the result of the perfected lacrima and their souls' transfers that strengthened your soul and made it adapt to your 3 types of Slayer Magic completely.]

Ben closes his eyes because he wants to thank them, but he can't. Those Dragons have left this world completely now. So he can only say his gratitude to them in his mind because they've saved his life.

[Another change has been detected too.]

Quorra's voice breaks the silence and Ben asks, 'What change?'

[The Dragon Soul Technique that was used by the Dragons has another side effect on you because of everything you've done to remove the seed's effects. The lacrima is now connected to your soul because the Dragons made it to be a real part of your body instead of just an object put inside. It is like an organ to you now and it feels alive because your soul is also in it just like your other organs.]

'What the hell?! So it wasn't a part of me before even though I made it using my Dragon Seed?' asks Ben in his mind.

Rather than having a lacrima as a new organ, he is more surprised by the fact that the lacrima he made using the seed was considered an external object in his body.

'Will it cause any problem?' asks Ben.

[Not enough data to make any conclusion. But there is not any negative effect so far.]

'What about benefit?' asks Ben again.

[You should be able to use all Force modes a lot easier and get better power boosts. However, it is predicted that the side effect after using any Force mode will be more severe.]

'Such side effect is not a problem if it means I can defeat much stronger opponents,' thinks Ben before leaving his mindscape.

Ben's mind has returned to the real world and he opens his eyes again. It seems he was in his mindscape for too long because there are some people in the room now. Mira is awake too and she is holding their children.