396. Warning

A day after his disappearance, Ben suddenly appears in an unexpected way. He appears in every town in Alvarez and even the surrounding countries in Alakitasia. Massive screens suddenly appear above those towns, so everyone there can see them.

It even appears on Vistarion, so Zeref and the Spriggans can see it. Mest was spreading the broadcast devices in every town yesterday when Ben was fighting the Spriggans. As for the one in Vistarion, he installed it himself.

Ben is currently in his hideout that looks like a TV studio while facing cameras. He looks like a news anchor with his suit, slick hair, and the news studio setup. Even the background is similar to modern Earth news studio.

"Morning, people of Alvarez and the surrounding countries," says Ben, gathering everyone's attention.

"This is Ben Cooper talking, I am a Mage from Ishgar who come here as a response to Alvarez's declaration of war. This broadcast is a warning to every citizen of this Empire and the surrounding countries. If you don't want to get caught up in this war and become a victim, then I advise you to leave immediately. I have attacked Vistarion to show you what kind of destruction this war can cause," says Ben while showing pictures of Vistarion's current state.

"I've attacked this place alone yesterday and caused such destruction even against your strongest forces, the Spriggans. This will just get bigger, so you better get away because even your Spriggans and Emperor can't protect you from this war's effect."

"3 days, that's the time I will give you to leave before I launch another attack. If you are still here, then don't blame me if you die in this war. As for you Zeref and Spriggans, you better prepare for my next attack. And if you are thinking of finding me, you better stop, you will never succeed," says Ben before closing the broadcast.

It's a brief broadcast, but the impact is big, especially because Ben showed the state of Vistarion. Most people don't know Ben, but if he could destroy half of Vistarion alone, that means he is as strong or even stronger than their Spriggans.

As much as they trust their Generals, the normal people are still afraid of death. They don't have enough power to protect themselves against even normal Mage. So they don't know how they will survive when a Mage of Ben's level starts his attack.

People are panicking after Ben's announcement of war. They want to escape as far as possible as soon as possible. The soldiers try to stop them because as a military nation, even the citizens are obligated to protect their Empire.

But then Zeref sends an order to let anyone who wishes to leave. They don't need to assist the people, just letting everyone does what they want. He wants his soldiers to just focus on preparing for the war because this won't be easy even if they just fight against one man.

In the next 3 days, many people flee to other nations. Some stay in their homes because they trust their Emperor & Spriggans. While some stay because they don't think they will be safe even in other places.

Then after 3 days, Ben really starts his attack on Alvarez. He attacks Vistarion again which is filled with soldiers now. Millions of soldiers who are mostly Mages are gathering in Vistarion to fight against Ben.

Unlike in his first attack 4 days ago, Ben is walking toward Vistarion. He walks alone without any rush toward Vistarion's West Gate which is guarded by August, Brandish, and Bloodman. Then as soon as Ben appears there, August calls the other Spriggans to move their troops here.

"How high do you think our chance is?" asks Brandish to August.

"Very slim, just like what His Majesty said. It will be even slimmer if Acnologia really appears as predicted. We must follow that plan well to win this war, that's the only way," says August.