239. Victory

Now, there are only 3 candidates on the stage including Ben. He could just throw them out of the stage using his reverse gravity before. But he can't do that because he needs to show off his power.

This competition aims to find the strongest among these 4. So the only way to show it is by using his strong & flashy spells. If he just needs to defeat the 3, then he jas a lot of ways but that won't be eyecatching.

That's the difference between real battles and competition like this. In battles, he just needs to win using anything he has. But in this kind of competition, he needs to show off his power, and impress the judges.

He has shown his ability to defeat one of his opponents easily. Now he needs to use flashy skills to impress the audience more. And what's more flashy than one of his elemental modes, the Light Mode.

Ben covers his whole body using his Sun Dragon's Light Magic. His body becomes bright yellow and radiates strong & bright light. It makes everyone there closes their eyes a little because he has become too bright.

Sure, this is not his strongest elemental mode which is the Solar Mode. But he doesn't need to use that against these 2 opponents. Besides, he always needs to hide his best skills as trump cards for the future.

Well, maybe the Council already knows that he can use Solar Mode. But it's always better to use his best skills less frequently. They might just know that he has it without knowing its power.

"What a bright light," comments the green-haired man while covering his eyes using his hands.

"Well, sorry for that. Let me dim it down a little or you won't be able to see anything. Fighting weakened enemies aren't that fun," says Ben as the light dims slowly.

Well, it's not really dimming, but he just reduces its spreading. He is still very bright but the light doesn't spread too much and just gathers around him. It will be impossible for natural light, but it's possible for magical light, magic sure is mysterious.

"Now, you don't have any more reason for your defeat," says Ben smugly.

"You can say that after you win, boy," says the woman.

Roots suddenly come out of the floor beneath Ben and grab his feet. The woman has moved her roots under the floor when everyone was distracted by Ben's bright light. It proves that she is smart because she can use a good chance while the other one can't.

But her plan will work if it's not used on Ben who can control his magic versatilely. He just needs to create a spinning sharp light blade under his feet. The spinning light blade cuts the roots easily and releases Ben.

It makes the woman surprised, but she calms down fast because she has another plan. After Ben cuts the roots, she raises her hands rather high. Then suddenly, many gigantic roots come out of the ground around Ben.

"Her magic is really good. It is not as strong as Azuma's Great Tree Arc, but her mastery over this magic has surpassed Azuma. Really, any magic has the potential to be very strong, be they lost, ancient, or just normal magic," ponders Ben.

But Ben doesn't have time to be amazed by the woman's magic. The roots are moving to attack him like whips so he moves to evade them. They are very fast, agile, and can move however the woman wants without restriction.

Ben then creates a light sword instead of taking out his sword from his storage mark. He wants to hide the storage mark too like some of his skills. Besides, he doesn't need his Pendragon sword to fight against these roots.

"Sun Dragon's Light Saber!" chants Ben.

Ben's lightsaber is thin & rather long with bright yellow color. It looks like a stick instead of a sword, just like Light Saber from Star Wars. But it is very sharp despite its unassuming appearance.

After creating the Light Saber, Ben moves around at a very high speed to cut the roots. Just in one slash, he can cut multiple roots because his slash keeps generating slash energy. He can cut all the roots in a short time.

However, when he looks back, the cut roots have grown again. They even multiplied and they attack him again. Ben moves back but he gets pushed by a strong wind from behind that pushes him forward. The green-haired man has joined the fight too.

Ben cuts the roots again because he gets pushed by the wind toward them. He moves his hands very fast and cuts all the roots in front of him. Then he propels himself to the side by shooting his light magic from his hand.

He lands on the floor and immediately flashes to the woman. His Light Mode makes him able to move at a very high speed. So he can reach the woman's position in an instant, surprising the woman.

Ben sends a punch at the woman's stomach which gets protected by a thick wood armor. The Light punch hits the wood armor and it gets destroyed instantly. It is hard but not hard enough to defend against Ben's Light punch.

The woman gets flung back very fast and hits the barrier. She coughs some blood before falling to the floor. She is still conscious and can even stand again even after such an attack, truly a tenacious woman.

Ben wants to move and attack her again, but suddenly she gets hit by a strong wind attack that makes her lose consciousness. The green-haired man who didn't make many movements before suddenly attack the weakened woman.

"What? You have something to say?" asks the green-haired man because Ben is staring at him.

"Yeah, you are stupid," says Ben before he suddenly appears in front of the man.

The man widens his eyes as Ben's right foot is in front of his face already. His face then gets kicked by Ben's super fast Light kick. He gets flung to the side and crashes on the floor, then he rolls until he reaches the corner of the arena.

He coughs and spits some blood before he looks at Ben who has stood beside him. Ben is looking down on him like some trash that doesn't worth his time. The man is trembling a little because he can feel Ben's power just from that one kick.

Then the man asks, "What is it? Are you angry that I attacked that woman? I don't know that you are so chivalrous."

"Why do you think I care about that? The reason I said that you are stupid is because you are weaker than her. But you choose to remove her instead of working together with her. If you do that, then you might be able to give me some fight. Now you won't have any chance and I won't waste my time on a weakling," says Ben.

The man now gets angry so he gets up fast and extends his hands forward, forming a white magic circle in front of him. "Damn you! Take this! Great-"

*BAM*

The man can't finish his chants because Ben punches the magic circle, destroying it. His punch doesn't stop and moves past through the man's extended hands. Then it hits the man's face very hard that the man's nose caves in before it flings the man to the barrier.

The man falls unconscious as he hits the barrier and falls outside the arena. Now, the only contestant who still stands is Ben. The other 3 have fallen unconscious while Ben doesn't even have a scratch on him, proving that he is far stronger than the other 3.

The Wizard Saints are looking at him with interest because they know he is stronger than what was shown in this competition. But the 2 top ranks don't show any reaction before they cut off the connections of their communication lacrimas.

Ben doesn't care about any of that and he asks, "So, what should we do now?"
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 274 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 285 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)