294. Curse of Sun Demon

The 10 Years Quest has been done perfectly and both Ben & Mira get their magic strengthened. They have returned to Magnolia after confirming the job completion with the Country of Deserto. Now they are resting in their home after having a far & long journey.

Ben is sitting on the couch while thinking deeply, so Mira asks, "What are you thinking about so seriously?"

"It's about my immunity to Curse. I didn't think too deeply about it before, but that old Etherious is right, this is strange," says Ben.

"Isn't that because you are a Devil Slayer? As a Devil Slayer, you should be immune to Demons' forms of attacks, including Curse, right?" asks Mira.

"That is possible, but it still doesn't feel right. My Sun Devil Slayer is Magic, not Curse. They originated from different sources, so I shouldn't be immune to Curse," says Ben.

"Hmm, you said you've learned Curse in the past, right? Maybe you get something from that," says Mira.

"I've learned it, but I still can't use it well to this day. So I doubt I get something from it," says Ben.

"Then, maybe your Sun Devil Slayer Magic is special," says Mira.

"Special, huh? Maybe that's true. The Sun Demon who used this magic could fight a Sun Dragon almost equally even though Devil Slayer Magic is supposedly weaker than Dragon Slayer Magic. But Midas the Sun Demon could injure Escanor, a Sun Dragon," says Ben before he widens his eyes in realization.

Ben suddenly stands up and runs to the training ground in his basement while thanking Mira for giving him a clue. Mira just sighs and then smiles because Ben has been troubled by this matter since they finished their job.

In the underground training ground, Ben makes a miniature Red Sun using his Sun Devil Slayer Magic. Then he asks A.I Chip to analyze it thoroughly using every data that they have now. They have a lot of data after getting a lot of knowledge in the last 4 years.

[Scanning Sun Devil Slayer Magic.]

The scan takes longer than Ben thought. A.I Chip only finishes after 5 minutes because it checks everything thoroughly using every data it has just like what Ben asked.

[Finding irregularity in host's Sun Devil Slayer Magic. Signs of Curse ability can be found in the host's magic.]

Ben widens his eyes, "What the!? Curse?"

[Yes, the power of Curse has been integrated into your Sun Devil Slayer Magic. The signs also have been found in the first data of Sun Devil Slayer Magic. However, the signs were very faint that they were undetected. The data in my memory storage was lacking at that time.]

"So you couldn't detect it because you didn't have enough data, but I've got this Curse power since I got my Sun Devil Slayer Magic?" asks Ben.

[Yes, although it was not developed yet at that time. After giving a deep check, I found an increase in the power of the Curse in your Sun Devil Slayer Magic. It was when you killed a lot of Etherious Demons in your 10 Years Quest. The cause was the strengthening of your Sun Devil Slayer Magic after you absorb the power of the Etherious Demons that you have slain. It was not only their magic power that you absorbed but also their Curse power.]

"So it's like that. Then, can I learn to use Curse now?" asks Ben curiously.

[There is no need for you to deliberately learn how to use it. By using your Sun Devil Slayer Magic, you have used your Curse power too. It has merged with your Sun Devil Slayer Magic completely.]

"Damn, that's convenient. Was it because Midas the Sun Demon has combined Curse to his magic?" asks Ben.

[Yes, it is assumed that he could damage Sun Dragon Escanor using his lower tier Sun Magic because of the Curse power. Sun Dragon Escanor didn't have immunity toward Curse, so he could get injured by Sun Demon Midas's attacks.]