246. Baiting

"I have assigned a ship & its crew to send you to the Leviathan's location, so please wait here for a bit," says Riccardio after they reached the port.

"Was that how the previous Mages went?" asks Ben.

"Yes, a ship took them there and they fought as the ship backed off to a distance. The ship & its crew are always in danger but that's the only way, and the crew members are all ready to die for this mission. 2 ships have been destroyed before and some people died," says Riccardio.

"Hmm, the only way, huh? Surely we'll need guidance to reach the location because we don't know it. But putting people at risk isn't my hobby and I have a better & safer way," says Ben.

"Safer?! How?" asks Riccardio interestedly.

Ben takes out Light Runner, surprising Riccardio who takes some steps back.

"Isn't it a Magic Vehicle? What do you plan to do with this? It is used on land, after all," says Riccardio.

"Well, just see," says Ben while activating Light Runner's mechanism from outside.

The car suddenly starts to transform and becomes a boat. Its wheels become propellers that will push the ship and there are 2 long floats on the sides. This is the boat mode of Light Runner that was last used before the S-Class exam.

"This will be enough to take us there. It can move well on the sea and it's also fast. It is also very safe with many defense mechanisms that can defend against even high-ranking Mages' attacks. But we don't know the location and can't navigate on the sea, so we will need a navigator from your side," says Ben.

"Then I will assign someone to guide you. I am very grateful that I don't need to send many people and put them at high risk," says Riccardio before leaving.

Ben prepares the Light Runner boat while waiting for Riccardio. He teaches Mira the control of the boat mode which she hasn't learned. Mira will control the boat while Ben is fighting the Shark Leviathan.

He actually has taught Mira to drive the car and she learned it fast. It's not too different from the old Magic Vehicle model and she has learned that. So she just needed to adapt a little to all the mechanisms that Ben installed.

His purpose in teaching Mira is because he will need Mira to drive in the future. They can switch when they have a long journey and save their energy. They often travel together, so something like this is necessary.

"Sorry for the wait," says Riccardio from a distance while running.

After some time, Riccardio finally returns with a young man. He will be the one who guides Ben's group to the job location. This young man is the ship's navigator, Ando.

They talk briefly just for the introduction, then they immediately leave the port. Ando sits in the back while Ben sits in the front passenger's seat with Bella. Mira is the one who controls the boat now because Ben asks her to.

The water near the port is calmer than the open sea. So it will be good for Mira to start driving from here. The waves will get bigger the further they go so she can adapt from the calmer water near the land.

They sail smoothly without much problem. Mira gets the grasp of the boat's handling really fast and now can almost control eat perfectly. It's not too different from driving the car mode except for the terrain that they pass.

4 hours later, they finally reach the Shark Leviathan's location. At least that's what Ando tells them but there's no sign of the Leviathan here. Still, Ben & Mira are putting up their guard because something dangerous can happen.