279. Visitation

Some days after Ben proposed to Mira, he goes to his old village. He takes Wendy, Bella, Carla, & the Straus siblings with him to see their old home. They go to a crystal monument with the shape of Cait Shelter guild mark on the plaza that Ben made some time ago which has the villagers' names written on it.

"Gramps, everyone, I'm back. I've finally saved Wendy & Carla after 3 years. I will still protect my sisters, just like what I've promised you," says Ben while putting a flower bouquet in front of the monument.

"Master, we've come back. Ben nii-san and Bella have worked hard to save us, to keep his promise. I'm sorry that I've made you worried. Ah, that's right, Carla & I have bought something for you. It's not what you usually drank, but it's still liquor. We couldn't buy it ourselves because we are too young to enter the store, so Ben nii-san bought it for us. But we use our own money that we got from finishing jobs," says Wendy.

"That's right, now we have our own savings from the money that we get ourselves, not what Ben gave," says Carla.

"Grandpa, Ben pop... poro... posro... umm," says Bella in confusion.

"Propose," says Carla, correcting Bella's words.

Bella smiles after being reminded and says, "Yeah, pororopos."

"Sigh, whatever," says Carla tiredly.

The others laugh before Ben talks again, "Just like what they said. I've proposed Mira, you've known her, right? We'll get married in a few months, so don't forget your blessing. It's a very big shame that you can't attend it but that's alright. I've received a lot from you so I can overlook this."

They laugh a little before Mira comes forward, "Everyone, I will take care of Ben and his sisters. I know that he is a reliable man, but he is also quite clumsy and vulnerable at times. That's why I will be his strength and cover his weaknesses, always support him anytime he needs it, and stay by his side as we grow old. He promised to protect his sisters, but no one promised to protect him, so I will do that," says Mira while bowing.

"Hey, we also promised to protect him," says Carla in protest.

"That's right, that's right," says Bella while nodding, supporting Carla.

"Carla, Bella, don't be rude," says Wendy.

"Fufufu, it's alright, I will protect all of you then. Also, if you want to protect him, then you need to get stronger. I also need to be stronger, but if we all get stronger, then we can combine our strength and protect him," says Mira.

Wendy & the cats look at each other before looking at Mira again and Carla says, "Hmm, I guess you're right. You're in the team now."

"Team!" says Bella happily as she jumps to hug Mira.

Wendy just giggles while Ben, Elfman, & Lisanna are getting speechless. They don't know what kind of drama that Mira & the kids did just now. They all have known each other for a long time and even live together, so it's really strange that they suddenly fight over a promise.

Well, it's not a problem so Ben leaves it at that and talks about a few more things. He reports what he & his sisters have done so far. They don't know if the messages will reach Roubaul & the villagers' spirits, but they just want to report all they've done, it's what they've always done in the past, after all.

After finishing their business in the village, they return to Magnolia. Things don't go as usual though because everyone is talking about Ben & Mira. The Fairy Tail Mages keep asking Ben about his plan for the wedding or what he'll do on his last day as a 'free man'.

"Ben, let me tell you something. Marriage is not the start of a happy life, it's just the entrance of hell," says a drunk Macao.

"Sigh, Macao, just because yours is hell doesn't mean that mine is one too. Just look at Al & Bisca, they are better now after getting married than when they weren't," says Ben before sipping his rum.