391. Mighty Wendy

A few days after Ben stopped the 3 Alvarez ships, Wendy's team finally returns. They have succeeded at their job spectacularly. Not only they retrieved the artifact, they even eliminated all the mutated magical creatures that caused the Magic Guild's destruction.

Their strategy was to defeat a few creatures at a time, so it took them a few days to finish even though it was effective. The 4 of them are very satisfied because they have improved a lot in the last few days.

Wendy has stabilized her Dragon Force too even though it still only gives her a 70% boost. The only problem left is her amount of magic power that is too low. But Ben already thought of that and now Wendy is ready for it.

Ben & Wendy are in their old village now because Ben thinks it's the best place to do this plan. No one will disturb them here and they haven't returned here for a rather long time. Besides, this plan needs an item that currently is being kept in Ben's lab near this village.

"Are you ready?" asks Ben.

"Yes," says Wendy firmly.

Bella, Carla, Sherria, Mira, Ariel, & Gabriel are watching from afar. They see Ben takes out a bluish-white lacrima crystal ball. They don't know what it is but it looks very valuable and expensive.

"This is Sky Dragon Lacrima that I made using your magic power as its base. I actually made one already in the past, but I gave it to future Lucy for future Wendy. You couldn't use it at that time anyway, so I gave it to her and made a new one for you. Now you are ready for this because you have unlocked your Dragon Force," says Ben.

Wendy is in awe by the Dragon Lacrima and so are the others.

But Wendy has a question, "Why do I need to activate Dragon Force before having the Dragon Lacrima? Sting-san & Rogue-san installed them before activating their Dragon Force."

"Yeah, they did it way earlier than even me. But you surely realize the difference in power between their Dragon Force & mine, right? Well, maybe it's just because I'm too great, so let's forget it. The main reason is I don't want you to depend on this like them in the past. You can only depend on your own power, this is just a tool to help you, not your real power. I'm sure you understand this," says Ben.

Wendy nods and Sherria is also nodding a few times on the side. She also wants to achieve it, the God Force that Ben showed her once. So she is watching this process intensely to learn one or two things from them.

Ben then installs the Sky Dragon Lacrima into Wendy's body using some runes to help the process and make the lacrima integrates with her body perfectly. To maximize the effect of the Sky Dragon Lacrima on Wendy's power, Ben needs to install it properly.

Sting's & Rogue's Dragon Lacrimas were not installed properly. Even Serena's Dragon Lacrimas couldn't release their full potential because he didn't use the best procedure. Their Dragon Lacrimas are not a part of their bodies, they're just attachments.

Meanwhile, Ben's procedure will make the Dragon Lacrima a part of the user's body. He did this procedure to Romeo once using the Fire God Slayer Lacrima. He wanted to use it on himself too, but he found a better way that would also eliminate his Devil-Dragon-God Seed, so he made the Lacrima directly in his body.

Now, he uses the procedure on Wendy and he isn't worried because it's already been tested before. Also, he has strong faith in his power, knowledge, and experience. So he knows it will succeed and Wendy will reach a new level.

The procedure is long and it takes almost 5 hours to finish. Those who watch are getting sleepy and the twins even slept already. They only see Ben sitting crosslegged behind Wendy and putting his hands on her back all the time, but it's actually a very complicated procedure because he needs to make sure everything is correct, so it takes a long time to finish.

Then when everything is finished, the spectators are excited. They want to know what has changed in Wendy, but they don't see any change. Well, there is no physical change, after all, and even her magic doesn't change much, yet.

In the procedure, Ben is using a lot of Wendy's magic power to integrate the Dragon Lacrima perfectly. That's why her Magic Power still looks the same as before because she spent a lot and get a lot. Besides, her new Dragon Lacrima hasn't taken its full effect because it has just integrated into her body, so there isn't any visible change now.

The next day though, everyone is shocked by Wendy's massive change. She tries to activate her Dragon Force and it's very different from how it was. Even those who aren't sensitive to magic power can feel how strong her current Dragon Force is.

"Hmm, I think you can defeat Erza or Laxus now," says Mira while smiling.

"Th-that's," says Wendy with a rather panicked tone.

"She's right, you have a chance to defeat them in your normal form. But in this form, you will even have a chance to defeat Gildarts. You just need to polish your skills because power isn't a problem anymore," says Ben seriously.

Wendy scratches her head and laughs shyly because of their compliments. On another hand, Sherria is surprised to hear Mira & Ben said that. She knows Wendy has gotten much stronger now, but not to such an extent.

"M-MASTER BEN! PLEASE TEACH ME TOO," shouts Sherria excitedly.

Ben looks at her and says, "I don't mind, but will that old woman allow it?"

"I-I will persuade her," says Sherria.

"Hmm, even if you succeed, can you follow my teaching without complaining?" asks Ben again.

"Ugh, t-that's," says Sherria while looking away guiltily.

Ben has trained her for a few days because she wanted to see Wendy's training and tried it. But it was too hard for her and she kept complaining until she gave up.

"I-I have more resolution now," says Sherria firmly.

"Fine, but you need permission from that old woman first," says Ben.

Sherria nods happily before she starts celebrating it with Bella. Both of them have gotten much closer in their previous job. Ben smiles seeing them and tells everyone it's time to go back to Magnolia.

They return and all Fairy Tail Mages have the same reaction as the ones who went to Cait Shelter village. Everyone is stunned by Wendy's power after perfecting her Dragon Force. Her magic power is on par with the S-Class Mages now, so of course, they are surprised.

The hot bloods like Natsu and Gajeel immediately want to challenge her. She is not sure, but she accepts it after Ben told her to accept it. Wendy fights against Natsu first and the battle ends briefly and unexpectedly.

Natsu lost in a short time with an overwhelming gap in power. Wendy hasn't even used her Dragon Force yet, but she still defeated Natsu just in a few moves. Gajeel also gets the same result and so is Gray who comes up after him.

Her basic power has increased a lot after receiving the Dragon Lacrima. In the past, Wendy's main problem was her raw power, not her skills. Now it has been solved, so she can use her skills better.

Well, how could her skill be bad if she was trained by the best Mage in Ishgar since she was a kid? If she didn't dislike battle so much, she would become an S-Class already. But even with her dislike of battle, she still can reach this level, so her potential is very great.

Ben looks very proud of her sister and now all his worries seem to have disappeared. He can finally execute his real plan to save and protect his loved ones. Then the next day, Ben disappears without any news.
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 426. Surprising Appearance (Fairy Tail: Sun Eater)
2. Chapter 437. To Marineford (Transcended as Lord Buggy)
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)