217. Acnologia

Ben & Makarov face Acnologia to give the others time to escape. Makarov attacked in the front and tanked Acnologia's attack in his giant form. Then Ben attacks Acnologia from afar using his long-ranged attacks.

Using his Sun Dragon Slayer Magic, Ben attacks Acnologia from the sides & behind. He also increases the gravity on Acnologia's body to the max. Currently, his limit is 70 times gravity, which has increased after he ate Bluenote's gravity magic.

This spell increases Acnologia's weight 70 times higher. However, Acnologia only gets affected a little and it doesn't really change anything. It's as if his weight just increased a little, not 70 times higher.

"His physical & magical power are very high. So this is a Dragon's power," says Ben while preparing a spell.

Ben creates a solar energy bomb in his right hand and throws it when Makarov holds Acnologia's head. He throws it on Acnologia's tail base and Makarov releases Acnologia to back off.

*BOOM*

Makarov backs off to avoid the explosion of the solar energy bomb. The bomb's explosion is big enough to engulf Acnologia's body and the area around him. If Makarov didn't release him, then the explosion will engulf the old man too.

"You must be kidding me!" says Ben with a surprised tone while looking at Acnologia.

When the explosion subsides, Ben looks at the tail base and there's no damage at all. There's not even a scratch on Acnologia's scales even though Ben used a lot of power in that attack. That bomb is enough to kill A-Class creatures instantly and gravely injured S-Class creatures.

But Acnologia doesn't take any damage, not even a scratch. His durability must be very high to receive that attack without any problem. Dragon Slayer Magic gives more damage to Dragons, so if Acnologia is fine, then it means his durability is very high.

Acnologia is looking at Ben with interest after receiving that attack. Then he moves toward Ben to attack but Makarov tackles him from the right. Ben snaps out of his trance and moves to the left then charges his Pendragon sword with Sun Dragon Slayer Magic's solar energy.

He swings the sword at Acnologia's stomach and creates a golden flying slash attack. The golden flame flies fast and hits Acnologia's stomach. But just like before, there's no damage inflicted on Acnologia's scales.

However, Ben doesn't stop and keeps attacking Acnologia. Makarov also does his best to hold the Black Dragon while Ben attacks. Their strategy seems to be doing quite well because Acnologia doesn't retaliate.

What they don't know is that Acnologia is playing around with them. They finally realize it when the Black Dragon suddenly pushes Makarov easily and puts his right leg on Makarov's body. He also swats Ben's attacks with his wings & tails as if they're nothing.

"Damn, I don't care if he was playing around if it could give us more time. But now he is bored so he will fight back. The ship shouldn't be too far yet, so he still can chase it easily. I can't let it happens," says Ben.

Acnologia raises his left front leg to attack Makarov who lies beneath him. Ben can't let it happen so he teleports on top of Makarov's giant chest. He extends his hands and a dark purple aura covers them.

"Almighty Push!" chants Ben.

Ben releases a strong pushing energy using his gravity magic. It pushes Acnologia from below but he only gets pushed a bit. Ben clicks his tongue, but then some different magic spells fly and hit Acnologia's right body, pushing him away to the left.

Makarov & Ben are surprised so they look at where the spells came from. They see the Mages who should've escaped coming back here. All of them returned and attack Acnologia together just now.