230. New Duty

On his first day as the Guild Master, Ben just stays in his office. He reads through every document in the office to know everything he needs to do. It is necessary because he doesn't have someone to guide him as the previous Master has 'disappeared'.

Ben makes 7 clones and gives each one of them the best Gale-Force Reading Glasses. He made these glasses himself by copying the ones sold on the market. But he has modified them to match his magic power and reduce the strain on his eyes.

Ben himself also uses the glasses and scans the documents using AI Chip. AI Chip's scanning speed is very high that it can scan a page in a second. Combined with the glasses, Ben can finish a thick book in just a few seconds.

If his clones can use AI Chip, then it will be a lot faster. Too bad that they can't because only he can use AI Chip, even his clones can't use it at all. It's because they aren't actually his other selves, just the magic that he made.

Still, with his clones helping him, Ben can finish reading all the documents in a day. AI Chip helps him sort all the documents and transfer the important information to him. Now he will know what he needs to do as the Guild Master.

"Hmm, the duties aren't too far off from what I thought. But to do my duties better, I will need to do some changes to the system. It seems I need to hire people to help me manage the guild's management," ponders Ben after seeing all the documents in his office.

These documents are too much for one person to handle. Besides, his job as a Guild Master isn't just taking care of documents. There are many neglected old documents too here, so Ben knows that Makarov didn't really take care of them.

But he won't neglect his job to take care of the documents. These documents are important, so they need to be taken care of. That's why he will hire professionals, but they also need to be loyal because these documents are important for the guild.

It will be difficult to find people like that but Ben knows where to find them. They are actually very close because they live in Magnolia. He has thought about it and these people are the most suitable ones.

"Our ex-Mages who has retired for various reasons. Most of them have loyalties and they are also experienced with how this guild worked, so it won't be too hard for them," says Ben while looking at the list of their retired Mages.

There are many Mages who have retired after being in their guild for years. They have various reasons like living peacefully with their families, old age, or even permanent injuries. Basically, most of them retired because they can't do dangerous jobs anymore.

"This job won't be dangerous so I hope they will accept it. Now I just need to make a list of who I'll hire based on some requirements," says Ben.

Ben wants to do it as soon as possible, but it's night already. So he decides to go home for now and resume his job tomorrow. Well, AI Chip still can make the list tonight, so there's no problem with going home.

When he comes out of his office, he finds that there aren't many people left there. Only some people who are drinking and some staff who are on night shift stay here. They greet Ben as he walks past them to go home.

"Hmm, we are also short on staff because many of them resigned after the Tenrou Island incident. That incident really has revealed many people's real faces. Well, it's good because I don't need to sort them," says Ben.

Ben arrives at his house after walking for some minutes. He goes home very late at night, so Mira & Bella have slept already. They know he was busy and will surely return late so they didn't wait for him and slept first.

He smiles and takes a bath first before going to sleep beside them. The 3 of them sleep on the same bed that night and nothing else happen, it's just a peaceful night with a slow snoring sound in their bedroom.

The next morning, they eat breakfast together again and Ben goes to train in their house's backyard. It has been a long time since he does his daily training. His body hasn't been well before so Porlyusica didn't allow him to train before.

Now he is allowed to train again but still with some restrictions. Ben is sure that he is 100% fine already, but Porlyusica insisted that he hasn't fully recovered yet. The old lady is worrying too much, so Ben just does as she said to reduce her worry.

Mira & Bella join his daily training because they also want to get stronger. Their miserable defeat on Tenrou Island has made them realize that they are extremely weak. They thought they are quite strong and they also don't need to worry about anything with Ben, Gildarts, & Master there.

But when Acnologia appeared, all their hopes just disappeared into thin air. No one of them stands any chances against the Black Dragon. Even the combined power of the S-Classes Mages & Makarov wasn't enough to save them from the Black Dragon's terror.

That's why the 3 of them are very determined to get stronger. They need to get a lot stronger so that they won't need to face the same tragedy again. There's no guarantee that they can be saved again if something this bad happens again.

They all are lucky now because no one actually gets killed. The ones on Tenrou Island are just being trapped in a spell and got hidden in a safe place. Ben, Mira, & Bella were also lucky that Acnologia didn't use more power or they'll surely get killed.

But if a similar thing happens in the future, they might not be so lucky and get annihilated instead. So to raise their survival chance, they need to get a lot stronger than before. That's why they need to train hard and be as strong as possible.

"Ben, when will you register your new position to the Magic Council?" asks Mira while they train their bodies under a strong gravity that Ben made.

"In a few days maybe. I still have some things to do before going there. The trip to the Council isn't just to register my position as a Guild Master, but also to make me a Wizard Saint. I've refused it once, so I think they won't just make me a Wizard Saint if I ask. I need to make sure that they'll accept me as a Wizard Saint, so I need to prepare for it," says Ben.

"How will you do it?" asks Mira.

"By gaining support from others. I will go to our guild's allies and ask them to support me," says Ben.

"Allies? Do you mean Blue Pegasus & Lamia Scales?" asks Mira.

"Yeah, we've made an alliance with them, after all. My visit is also to tell them that I've become the new Guild Master of Fairy Tail. They've helped us a lot in this crisis, so it's only right to tell them this news directly," says Ben.

"Then, I will go with you," says Mira.

"Bella too," says Bella hastily.

Ben smiles and says, "Sure, they must've been worried about you too. Let's show them that we are alright now."

Mira & Bella nod before they resume their training that morning. After the training, they take a short bath together. Bella doesn't care at all that Ben & Mira are bathing together. She is too innocent for it and she is just happy that she can take a bath together with them.

After the bath, they go to the guild together and Ben announces that he'll go to Blue Pegasus & Lamia Scales tomorrow. It might take a few days because he wants to discuss things with the 2 guilds.

So he will set up some rune formations to protect the guild while he & Mira are gone. Some idiots might try to do something while they are away, after all. He will teach them to control the defense formations before he leaves.

Ben is busy making the rune formations that day and teaches some of his Mages including 5 of his disciples to control it. These Mages will stay in the guild until he returns, they will be on guard duty. Then after preparing a few more things, Ben sets out the next day with Mira & Bella.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 265 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 276 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)