392. Invasion

Ben's disappearance causes a big stir in the whole Ishgar. But it doesn't happen immediately and will take time before people realize that he really has gone. His wife knew what he would do, after all, and decided to help him.

Currently, Ben is floating in the sky while looking down at a big city that has a massive castle made of some tall buildings that look like skyscrapers. They are not as tall as Ben's Dragoram Tower, but they are very tall for this world's standard.

The city also has many big buildings with different architectural styles from Ishgar. It's because this city isn't in Ishgar. This is Vistarion, the capital of the Alvarez Empire. There are many individuals with magic power here, so Ben knows they are preparing for their invasion to Ishgar.

"They have gathered their power here, huh? Well, that's good then, you don't need to spend your energy going to Ishgar. So you should be on your full power now, Alvarez. Take this and show me how strong you are," mumbles Ben before a massive golden magic circle appear right under the cloud.

Everyone in the city senses the change in atmosphere and looks up at the sky. Their eyes are widened when they see a massive golden dragon coming out of the golden magic circle in the sky. It is a dragon made of golden solar energy that spreads heat so hot that the soldiers' clothes, buildings' paints, and other things start to melt.

Some individuals are standing on top of the very tall castle while looking at the massive golden dragon. They are the Spriggan 12 of Alvarez that already has full members again after Ben killed Jacob & Serena. The Spriggans are looking at the solar energy dragon with serious expressions now.

"He really came here alone, just like what the Emperor said," says a green-haired girl named Brandish.

"He would come if he really wanted to protect Ishgar. If the war happens in Ishgar, then even if they win, they will still get a lot of loss and destruction," says August.

"His coming here isn't the main issue here. He is coming alone to the enemy's base while they are at full power, just what was he thinking about?" asks Ajeel.

"That just shows how confident he is. You should've realized it by now just from the power of that thing," says Irene.

"That massive golden fireball really feels strong. But with the 12 of us here, that won't be a problem," says Invel.

"Yeah, the 12 of us. That means 1 or 2 of us can't stop that thing," says August.

"That's not what I mean, we-," Invel can't continue what he wants to say because Ben finally starts his attack.

Ben is floating right below the golden dragon while crossing his arms. He looks at the city for a while to lament about the casualties that will be caused by his attack. But this is a war. His attack might kill innocent people, but if he doesn't do it, then his people and family will be the victims.

He finally steeled his heart after a while and simply chanted, "Dragon Dive!"

Ben doesn't shout or raise his voice, but everyone hears it clearly. His voice echoes in the sky and it makes the soldiers tremble unknowingly. They tremble even more when they see what happens in the sky right now.

The golden solar dragon explodes and creates numerous sharp projectiles that fall toward the city. Ben is looking at the 12 Spriggans who are looking at the falling projectiles. They aren't panicking although they look worried.

Then he sees Irene suddenly stabs her staff into the floor. The area around her glows red before a massive reddish dome covers the whole city. She has made an enchantment to protect this city after Zeref told her that Ben might come here and ordered her to make it.