303. Jarvis

*Bzzt* *Bzzt* Buzzing sounds are heard from the cube. Then suddenly, a robotic man's voice can be heard from the cube.

{Jarvis has been activated. Greeting, Master.}

(A.n: [...] is for AI Chip, {...} is for Jarvis.)

Ben is smiling while everyone else is surprised to suddenly hear a man's voice from the cube. They all are wondering what kind of thing Ben has created again.

"Jarvis, how is your connection with AI Chip?" asks Ben.

{Connection with main AI is stable. All needed data has been transferred. No problem is detected.}

"Good, now activate the home security system," says Ben.

{Activating home security system.}

Suddenly, all the fence walls around the house start to glow blue. It's not the walls themselves that glow, the invisible magic letters engraved on them are the ones that glow. No one except Ben knows that the fence walls have all those magic letters because he made them secretly.

Then, bright blue barriers come out of the fence walls. The barriers then merge forming a big and tall square dome that covers the whole area of the Cooper family's house. Then after glowing brightly for a few minutes, the square barrier dome disappears.

It doesn't really disappear though, it just turns invisible. The barrier itself is still there and will do its job as a barrier to protect the house. Ben has installed a lot of protection layers in the barrier, so it will protect the house & the people inside from many kinds of dangers.

"Jarvis, do a thorough scan over the house," says Ben.

{Command received. Initiating scan.}

Jarvis's cube suddenly blinks at a second interval with a sound effect too. Then Jarvis releases invisible magic power using one of the spells that Ben has installed in the cube. The magic power that spread around the house is very faint and only Ben can feel it because of his super strong senses.

It takes 5 minutes for Jarvis to finish the scan because he is very thorough. Also, this is his first scan, so everything is new, and it makes the scan slower. But 5 minutes isn't that long and Jarvis can detect anything in the house now.

{Detecting many unwanted forms of life. Checking database. Results: Rats, cockroaches, birds, worms, spiders.....}

Jarvis keeps listing the small lifeforms that are found around the house and even in the soil. Ben sighs and commands Jarvis to ignore the ones that aren't damaging his house. The ones that damage his house like rats and roaches are being eliminated though.

Ben then does more setups and checks on Jarvis's functions. His family and workers can only look at him on the roof confusedly. Luckily, Ben finishes soon and comes down to explain things to them, although his long explanation just makes them confused.

"Well, to put it simply, Jarvis is the brain of this house. It controls the security systems like the barrier that you've seen before. It can also help you find missing items because it has access to every place in the house. Personal spaces like bedrooms or bathrooms are exceptions though. He can only access it with the room's owners, so don't worry, it won't spy on you. Well, if you have a problem with it watching over your activities, you can leave my house," says Ben without any care.

This is his house, so they need to follow his rules as the owner. Also, this is all for his family's safety, especially the children. They all know that and his family members don't have a problem with that because they know Ben won't harm them.

But the workers don't know Ben that deeply and they think Jarvis's supervising will disturb them. 4 older workers who already have families and live for a long time decide to just accept it. They know they'll adapt eventually, and they don't have anything worth worrying about even if they get watches.

However, the 5 younger workers feel like their privacies are being violated. So they tell Ben that they can't work in such situation. Ben doesn't mind it and asks them if they want to quit, which they answer with unsure nods.

"I won't force you to stay if you really can't stand it. You can leave and I will pay your wages this month, full. Now the ones who want to quit, take your stuff, and come back here," says Ben firmly.

The young ones look at each other and they all think for a while. Then of 5 young workers, 3 decide to leave, while the other 2 want to try it first before quitting which Ben agrees to. The 3 are a gardener, and 2 young maids.

They take their stuff and Ben gives them this month's wages. So now, Ben's family only has 6 workers. The 2 young ones are a maid and a cook. While the older ones are a gardener, a buttler, a maid, and a cook.

"Hmm, we need to recruit workers again. We have 15 workers when Mira was pregnant, right? But 6 left right after their contracts ended 2 months ago. They don't want to extend their contracts like you, so we were already short on people, and now it's getting worse. Andre, search for workers to fill the empty positions. This house is very big, so the 6 of you won't be enough," says Ben at his buttler.

"That's why I told you that this is not simply a house, Master. This is a mansion," says Andre, the middle-aged buttler.

"Whatever, just find more people. Jarvis doesn't have hands & feet, so he can't do your work," says Ben.

"Understood," says Andre while bowing before he leaves the house.

Ben sighs and then gives everyone a tour to explain Jarvis's functions. Real practice will make them understand it more than just words. Jarvis is connected to every place in the house, so they can use him anywhere.

They all are surprised when Ben tells them that Jarvis can control the magic enchantments that Ben has installed all over the house. He has installed enchantments that control temperature, play music, closing doors or windows, etc.

'Hehe, I feel like Tony Stark now,' thinks Ben smugly.

"Hey Ben-nii, can Jarvis wake Elf nii-chan in the morning?" asks Lisanna.

"Yeah, just tell him the time, and he will wake him up. He doesn't need that useless alarm clock again," says Ben.

"Hey, it's not useless," says Elfman in protest.

"It is useless, for you," says everyone in unison.

Elfman is taken aback, but he can't say anything because they are correct. He never woke up even though the alarm clock work perfectly. He's always turned it off and slept again. Lisanna is the one who always wakes him up.

"Jarvis, you need to keep annoy him until he leaves the room. Set Elf nii-chan's alarm clock at 6 AM," says Lisanna.

"Lisanna, that's too early," says Elfman in protest.

"No, you need to wake up at that time because you need to start training in the morning from now on. If you don't get stronger, Evergreen will leave you," says Lisanna.

"Why are you guys keep mentioning her to me?" asks Elfman.

'Is this guy for real?' thinks everyone.

"Enough about Elfman, I want to tell you guys that it will feel weird at first. But you will adapt to Jarvis slowly and you'll know how useful he is," says Ben.

"Alright, we will try to adapt soon. So you can go to rest now. I know you've been working hard to make Jarvis these days. So go to sleep now. The babies are worried about you too," says Mira while looking at the babies in her hands.

Ben looks at them and they don't seem worried about him at all. They are just sleeping soundly in Mira's arms.

"I see, they look very worried," says Ben sarcastically.

Mira giggles and says, "Well, this means you can sleep with them."

She gives the babies to Ben and he goes to the bedroom with them. The others stay to try Jarvis's functions again. Then days later, the time for Ben's Wizard Saint job finally comes.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 338 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 349 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)