293. Job's Done

Ben decides to let Mira fight the 3 Etheriouses first. She is quite pissed by them, after all, because they were the ones that sent those annoying small fries. Ben had his fun though, so he likes them a bit.

Mira transforms into her Satan Soul form and rushes at the adult female, Zoe, first. Some weak Etheriouses appear in front of Zoe to block Mira. But she kills them easily using her claws to rip their bodies.

Zoe is panicking and runs away, so Mira chases her. Then some Beetles attack Mira, Neo the teen male Etherious has released all the Beetles inside the transparent eggs. They all attack Mira and they can withstand her physical attacks.

"Annoying bugs," says Mira as she creates a big dark orb.

She shoots many big dark bullets at the bugs and destroys them. Now Neo starts to get panicked too and runs to the old man alongside Zoe. Both of them don't really have great combat ability so they retreat after seeing Mira destroy their troops easily.

The old man sighs and then he puts his hands on the floor. Suddenly, the floor in front of Mira moves and many metal spikes shot from it. Mira jumps to evade them, but then many longer spikes come out of the ceiling, trapping her between them.

She doesn't have time to evade so Ben moves to save her. He flashes and catches her, then he breaks all the spikes using his gravity magic. Mira sighs because now Ben will take over the battle after she needed to be rescued.

Ben grins as he flashes to the 3 Etheriouses, while Mira flies back. He appears between Neo & Zoe who hide behind the old man. He grabs their heads and burns the 2 of them using his Sun Devil Slayer Magic's red solar energy, which kills them instantly.

The old man widens his eyes as he turns around, only to get caught in the neck by Ben. Ben lifts him as the old man struggles to release himself from Ben's grasp. But he is too weak to even make Ben's hands move.

The old man tries to use his curse to attack Ben. Some metal pipes suddenly appear on the ceiling and they release a massive amount of flame. The flame only touches Ben though, the old man doesn't get touched at all.

He smirks, but then that smirk stiffens when the flame disappears. Ben is fine, after all, without a single bit of damage. Furthermore, Ben sucks all the flame and replenishes some of the magic power he lost before.

"Using flame against a Sun Devil Slayer like me, what a foolish move," says Ben while smirking.

The old man gets even more surprised when he hears that. "I know that you are immune to flame. But I thought it only applies to magic, not Curse like what I used. Wait! Don't tell me you can use Curse too."

Now Ben gets confused, "I have learned it, but I can't really use it yet. Besides, even if I can use Curse, I won't be immune to it, right?"

The old man also gets confused, but he can't think about that now. He is still being held by Ben and he can't free himself. Ben also doesn't want to think about it for now, so he kills the old man immediately using his Sun Devil Slayer's red solar energy.

"Job's done, time to go home," says Ben while cleaning the ash on his hands.

"Has this really ended?" asks Mira.

Ben nods and says, "Surely-."

"Not," replies the old man, but there's only his voice, while he is nowhere to be seen.

Ben & Mira get alerted and look around to find the old man. But no matter where they search, he is nowhere to be found. Luckily for them, the old man is stupid enough to reveal his position, just like how he explained the other 2 Etheriouses' Curses before.