320. Sky

Wendy is chosen to fight in the last match of this battle round. Her opponent is Sherria from Lamia Scale and Ben thinks that it's an interesting matchup. He knows Sherria's magic and he has told Wendy about it before.

"Another match of a Dragon Slayer and a God Slayer, huh? The organizer really knows how to make things more interesting," says Ben.

"That girl from Lamia Scale is a God Slayer?" asks Cana.

"Yeah, Sky God Slayer," says Ben.

"Isn't that the same type as Wendy's? Then, this will be difficult for Wendy, right? Her magic won't be able to damage her opponent who has higher-tier magic. Does she need to use physical attacks like Laxus?" asks Cana.

"Well, let's just see it. If it comes to that, then I'm sure it won't be a problem for Wendy. Don't forget who has raised her until now. If it's just a physical fight, then Wendy will be better than you," says Ben while smirking.

Cana seems surprised, "She's that good?"

"Yeah, she is very talented. The only problem is she doesn't like fighting that much. Wendy is not a timid girl, she just hates hurting people. But she will not back down from a fight if she needs to do it," says Ben.

Both Wendy and Sherria enter the arena, but then Sherria trips and falls. Wendy asks her if she is okay and wants to help her, but she also trips and falls. These 2 surely have similarities other than their magic, their clumsiness.

They laugh it off as they stand and then they greet each other. After taking a better look, they realize that they also have similar height and body size. Both of them are quite short but still have good curves.

Well, anyway, the 2 girls get ready to fight with high determination. Both of them haven't met each other but they've heard of each other from their guildmates. So they know they have similar magic and that this will be a tough battle.

The battle starts soon and Wendy starts it by giving herself 2 buffs. She uses Arms & Vernier spells to enhance her attack power and speed. Then she attacks Sherria using Sky Dragon's Wing attack that creates a pair of rotating winds after she swings her arms in circles.

But Sherria evades it with a swift movement before she casts a spell. Black wind covers her hands and she shoots a strong black whirlwind toward Wendy. Wendy creates a wind that moves up from the ground to redirect the black whirlwind to the sky.

Right after Wendy redirects that spell, Sherria suddenly appears in front of her. She casts a spell that creates a spiral black wind gust. The spell is made to send the target flies upwards, so she is trying to send Wendy flies.

However, Wendy has anticipated such an attack. She has seen this kind of strategy many times since her childhood. Ben used this surprise attack many times when he trained her so she is always ready for this situation.

Wendy evades Sherria's spell by generating wind under her feet. She propels herself backward right when the spiral black wind appears. So she escapes at the last moment, but she escapes nonetheless.

Sherria is surprised when Wendy evades her surprise attack because this strategy always works. She gets even more surprised when she sees Wendy has prepared an attack spell. So she needs to make a spell immediately too.

Wendy swipes both her hands down diagonally, shaping an X. She uses Sky Dragon's Claws using her hands even though it was originally a spell made using feet. But Ben has modified it so she can use it with her hands or feet based on the situation.

Sherria doesn't have enough time to make a spell for defense. So she just gets into a defensive stance and gets hit by the wind claws. It sends her flying and she gets damaged by Wendy's attack.

"Eh? Shouldn't she be immune to Wendy's magic because she is a Sky God Slayer while Wendy is a Sky Dragon Slayer?" asks Freed confusedly.

"Well, if you just look at the name, then it might be true. However, if you look into their magic carefully, you'll notice something. Their magic is not just lower & higher tier magic like the case with Laxus & Orga or Natsu & Zancrow. Sky Dragon & God Slayer Magic have unique properties that make them similar but also different," says Ben.

"So complicated, just explain it shortly so I can understand," says Natsu while holding his pained head.

"You know that they are Sky God & Dragon Slayer, not Wind God & Dragon Slayer, right? We don't know about Sherria, but we know that Wendy's magic doesn't just use wind," says Ben while smiling.

"Ah, she also uses heal and some support type spells," says Gray.

"Correct, and Sherria must have some other spells too. However, their other spells must be different, and it's because the characteristics and properties of their magic are different even though they are similar. The differences of their magic are the ones that made Wendy's Sky Dragon Slayer magic able to damage Sherria's Sky God Slayer body," says Ben.

The idiots in the guild nod & smile smugly after Ben finished his explanation and they say, "I still don't understand."

Those who understand sigh or laugh at them while Ben just says, "Well, you just need to know that Wendy's magic works on her, so she has many ways to fight."

They continue to watch and they get surprised when they see Sherria heals her injuries. It's something that Sky Dragon Slayer Magic can't do as Wendy can't heal her own injuries. But Wendy can buff herself and others.

This is the difference between their magic properties. Although Ben has improved Wendy's healing spell so she can heal herself. It is still not on par with Sherria's Sky God Slayer Magic self-healing spell.

Sherria then takes a deep breath and Wendy also does the same. Both of them then use their magic signature attack, Sky God's Bellow and Sky Dragon's Roar. The black and bluish tornado collide and creates a massive impact.

Both of their spells seem to be even as they cancel each other. Wendy's attack has stronger attack power, but it still can only match Sherria's attack. The tier differences really affect the effect here. Wendy will need more power to defeat Sherria's spell.

But Wendy still has other skills that she hasn't shown, hand-to-hand combat. She propels herself forward at high speed using wind under her feet. Then she covers her hands with her magic and attacks Sherria.

Sherria also does the same and they start having close combat. They seem to be even at first, but Wendy starts dominating the fight. Ben has trained Wendy in this kind of battle for years, so her close combat skills are very high.

Wendy's moves are very swift and she can move around agilely. She utilizes wind to help her move around and evades Sherria's attacks. Her buffs also increase her power and speed which makes her attacks even stronger & faster.

Sherria doesn't hold a candle against Wendy's close combat skills. She can heal herself, but there's a limit to how much she can do it. So she tries to distance herself from Wendy by creating a spiral black wind that moves upward around herself.

Wendy gets pushed into the air, but then she immediately casts another spell. She spreads her arms and a magic circle appears below her feet. Then a big wind sphere that breaks the spiral black wind appears and surrounds both her & Sherria.

Wendy then casts her magic, "Dragon Slayer Secret Art! Shattering Light: Sky Drill."

She moves her arms counter-clockwise and creates a tornado that is aimed at Sherria. Sherria tries to block it by making a black tornado but it gets destroyed easily. Then she gets hit by Wendy's spell and gets flung quite far.

Sherria gets a lot of damage and tries to stand up, but she can't and falls unconscious. Wendy has won her battle with only some injuries. Ben looks very proud of her sister whom he has raised with great care.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 355 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 366 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)