380. Simple Tactic

The teams have different strategies to capture other bases. They either attack the closest bases, the weaker bases , the ones captured by The Knights, or the Fairy Tail base. Fairy Tail has the highest point so far, so other teams try to stop them by capturing their base.

Wendy orders her teammates to just stay in their base and defend it for now. They defend their base from 4 Mages' attacks. Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus sent 2 of their Mages to attack while the other 3 defend their bases. Their first target is the Fairy Tail team because they can't win if they don't stop Fairy Tail.

But Fairy Tail's base's defense is very formidable for the 4 attackers. Bella has set rune formations around their base to stop the attackers. She has learned some Magic, but Rune Magic is the one she likes the most now, and she has a great talent for it.

Bella has made the Rune formations before the puppet Knights attacked their base. But she didn't activate them because of Wendy's order. Wendy knew that facing The Knights was easier than the Mages, so they didn't need to use the Rune Formations.

That strategy makes their Rune Formations intact and still strong as new. Even if their base has some damage, their Rune Formations are still very strong. Walls of Runes surround Team Fairy Tail's base, protecting them from other teams' attacks.

Even Orga from Sabertooth can't break the walls with his powerful Lightning God Slayer Magic. The attackers are Orga, Rogue, Hibiki, and Jenny. They are trapped by Rune Prisons spread all around the base and they can't break the prisons.

Bella is dancing happily while throwing flower petals on the base's roof when she sees no one can escape her Rune Prisons. It pisses Orga off and he yells angrily at Bella. But his yells make her happier because it means her Rune Prisons are powerful enough to make Orga frustrated.

Rogue tells Orga to stop and just focus on breaking the prisons. Orga sighs as he realizes that it's pointless to yell at Bella because she doesn't care at all. He can't play mind games with someone who has lived with a true monster her whole life.

So Orga stops yelling and starts trying to break his Rune prison first. His attacks are powerful, but the first to break out isn't him, it's Hibiki. Hibiki has analyzed the Runes using his Archive Magic and hacked them to break them.

He looks very smug now as he sees Bella pout cutely because her Rune Prison gets broken through in a few minutes. But Hibiki's smug face disappears immediately along with himself. He suddenly gets flung away by a Rune Spring that comes out of the ground.

Jenny who was happy because Hibiki could help her break her Rune Prison is frustrated now. Orga & Rogue are surprised to see another trap has waited for them if they break the prisons. They look at Bella who now looks very smug after Hibiki disappeared.

"That cunningness and playful fight, she is his sister indeed," says Orga.

Rogue nods as he remembers how he fought against Ben a few months ago. Ben always fights seriously against real enemies, but he always plays around when fighting his allies in spars. He often teases his opponents when he plays around in sparring to entertain himself and Bella copies that playful battle style.

Wendy & Carla tried to stop her, but they gave up because they know that this style suits Bella very well. She is stronger when she can be carefree in battles. Her serious self is strong, but the real nightmare for her enemies comes when she enjoys the fight and acts very carefree, like now.

Bella is in a very good mood right now because she can use every Rune Magic spell she has learned. So Wendy decided to not disturb her and let her do what she wants while the other team members do their tasks.

They leave the base's defense to Bella alone because it is enough. Meanwhile, they are moving to attack other bases. But they don't move together, they are moving alone to different bases to capture them alone.

The 4 of them don't attack immediately like other teams though. They gather information by inspecting and observing the bases first. They also watch as other teams attack the bases they target to find the weak points.

Wendy's strategy is simple. Observe their targets and let others weaken them first before striking. It's a strategy thought by other teams before, but they changed it after The Knights' attack. They realized that capturing the bases isn't easy, so they need to move fast.

But they also know they can't go all out from the start. That's why they sent 1 or 2 Mages to attack while the rest defend their bases. The first attackers' job is to weaken their targets. They will send more Mages after their targets get weakened to increase their chance of winning.

The problem is, they are not that patient because attacking other bases and defending their bases at the same time are very difficult. They also don't know if they can capture other bases in the nick of time. So at the very least, they need to attack 30 minutes before the time limit.

Team Fairy Tail, no, Wendy is more patient than anyone in the tournament. She orders her teammates to not attack unless they are sure they can capture their base targets with the least effort even if it's at the last minute.

Carla & Lily have the patience to follow that order, but it's difficult for Romeo. He kept worrying about the time limit and wanted to attack even though he was not sure of his winning chance yet. But Lily has predicted this, so he kept telling Romeo to be patient through their comm devices.

Romeo holds himself until he finally finds his best chance to attack. The other 3 also do the same and they attack right when the bases they're targeting get captured by other teams. Other teams were thinking the same thing, but Fairy Tail has the most patience.

They waited until all teams were done fighting over the bases and attacked right when everyone else gets very tired after fighting. All 4 members' attacks happen in the last minutes. The ones who have captured the bases are still on their guard, but they are tired while Fairy Tail members are still full of energy because these 4 didn't need to guard their base.

Even if there are 3 people guarding the bases, the Fairies will still attack them. Those Mages are tired while they are still full of energy, so even 1 of them is enough to fight 3 tired Mages. Besides, Fairy Tail members are aiming for the easiest bases to capture.

They are targeting the 2 bases captured by The Knights that become the battleground for other teams too. The other 2 bases they targeted are Blue Pegasus and Quatro Cerberus. These 2 teams have the lowest defense because they only have 1 defender just like the Fairy Tail team.

Carla & Romeo are attacking the 2 bases captured by The Knights. Wendy attacks Quatro Cerberus, while Lily attacks Blue Pegasus. They launch their attack in the last minutes with strong and decisive attacks that will end their fight in an instant.

Carla attacks the tired Sting & Minerva, Romeo attacks the tired Toby, Yuka, and Sherria, Lily attacks Ichiya who guards his base alone, and Wendy attacks Bacchus who also guards his base alone. They all attack with super strong spells stealthily, so they surprised their opponents.

Carla uses some magic bombs she drops from the sky, Romeo uses his strongest Fire God Slayer Magic that causes a massive explosion, Lily punches Ichiya away before the guy realized him, and Wendy sends Bacchus flying very far using her wind magic. Too bad though, Carla's attack fails because Minerva has found her from the start and now sends Carla's bombs away using her Space Magic.

Still, they succeeded to capture the other 3 bases, and they don't need to guard it for too long because they do it at the last minutes. They put their flags on the bases and guard them for a short time until the game's over.

Bella also succeeded at defending their base and no one could breach her defense. So with this, they got 40 additional points which makes them have 108 points in total. Other teams have far lower points, so with this, Fairy Tail has once again won the Grand Magic Games.
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 415 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 426 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)